Update 1.32 (January Update) Now Available - 8 Cars and SS Route X

• Thread starter Tomsoft
  • 850 comments
Like I said, it is a Japanese style track with the expressway like track system splitting through the city and the "emergency lanes" being filled with white lines rather than it being purely asphalt.

So if Grand Valley were to arrive in GTSport, we may find out what nation it takes place in, thus, possibly finding out what nation SSR5 may take place in if this theory is true.

I hope Grand Valley can come back. It was, IMO, the best GT Original track. Along with Deep Forest, Midfield Raceway and Trial Mountain.

The GT League x2014 10 lap race at Interlagos is diabolical. Or maybe I'm just too slow.

There's only one real challenger and that's E.Fernandez from Spain and I just won by 0.09 secs and I did it by weaving across the finish line.

My times arent too bad I think (just under 1'10")..,, none of the other x2014 races were this hard.

I know Interlago reasonably well, gold track experience etc.

I feel like they have rocket boost because you get a 2 sec lead thru the mid sectors but they catch up on the straights.

My car is tuned with something off this page w/ 330km/h final drive and still they're faster than me in a straight line.

Since we cant increase power and lower weight maybe the AI just accelerates faster than my TCS1 car.

The GT League x2014 10 lap race at Interlagos is diabolical. Or maybe I'm just too slow.

There's only one real challenger and that's E.Fernandez from Spain and I just won by 0.09 secs and I did it by weaving across the finish line.

My times arent too bad I think (just under 1'10")..,, none of the other x2014 races were this hard.

I feel like they have rocket boost because you get a 2 sec lead thru the mid sectors but they catch up on the straights.

My car is tuned with something off this page w/ 330km/h final drive and still they're faster than me in a straight line.

Since we cant increase power and lower weight maybe the AI just accelerates faster than my TCS1 car.
Remember The Matrix? "There is no spoon".

I can just see that last one is nowhere behind and then "poof!", filling up my mirror and about to overtake. Silly speed program.

Took me four attempts to win this race with a stock car and RM tyres. Other X2014 events can be won with relative ease.

Not only rocket boost, they have their own laws of physics. In the Sarthe race I was hunting down the leader and on every straight the gap increased no matter how well I exited the corners. Afterwards a look at the replay revealed the truth... the AI was doing 349-350 km/h, I was doing 363 km/h at the rev limiter, and the gap still increased at a steady rate.

The same applies to the Interlagos main straight. I was exiting the last corner so that I was doing 200 km/h at a point where the curb ends on the left, leading Fernandez by around two seconds. The gap went down to mere tenths by the finish line despite Fernandez doing only 190 km/h at the same point and at no point travelling faster than I did at the same spot.

The bottom line: you can't beat them by being faster on the straights. If they want to be faster (and yes they do), they will.

Exactly. The Sarthe race is won from the Dunlop overpass to the start of the straight and at Indianapolis through the Porsche Curves. Biggest lead I've had was 6 seconds at the start of the last lap.

I watched the AI close the gap at half a second per second. It closed to 1.5 seconds by the Porsche sign. Once I got through the Porsche curves, I finished nearly 4 seconds ahead.

Rubberbanding can make the AI do magical things in this game, that's been known for quite some time already. For the Sarthe X2014 race, just lower downforce to minimum all around and set the gearing to 410 km/h. Remember you can take Tetre Route flat out in this car. Draft at every opportunity. You'll pass 1st place just after Tetre Rouge on the 2nd lap and never look back.

Back