update

  • Thread starter Thread starter biggles1978
  • 36 comments
  • 2,076 views
Very informative thread title and post.
 
Even if they do it wouldn't be like PD to actually communicate and tell us.
 
I felt bad, so I made a donation.

Here you go: ?
 
The past two nights, I've run without any problems for me, but several others in my room not so much. Rest assured, PD is working on it.

Keep Calm, A-spec On.
 
A-Spec on long enough to keep the bonus up and/or shuffle Favorites, then off and Arcade Mode on. ;)

I'm sure they'll get it sorted. Online is still plenty busy up until now and they'd like to keep it that way.
 
but when u get to only the 3d safety warning and i get black screen for god knows how long , so come on pd . even taken it to game shop to make sure it's not the disc
 
But when you get to only the 3d safety warning and I get black screen for god knows how long , so come on PD. Even taken it to game shop to make sure it's not the disc

That aside, what are you talking about? What update? What do PD need to sort about it?
 
Famine
That aside, what are you talking about? What update? What do PD need to sort about it?

since the new up date on the 25/9/12 I get the black screen after the safety message ,I was playing it fine the night before ' so they need to sort out this fault with the update 2.08
 
Can you please try to make a complete sentence so we can read it?
 
biggles1978
since i put the new up date on the 25/9/12 I keep on get the black screen after the safety message ,I was playing it fine the night before ' is this new update the problem QUOTE]
 
Okay, I think we've established that you think v2.08 has caused a problem - though the exact nature of this problem hasn't been explained.

I'm playing v2.08 offline just fine. Online there are some issues that are hardware based and Polyphony are working on fixing them (having thought they'd succeeded once), but they are not related to the update.

If you're after some kind of specific help, do your best to type complete sentences in English (as the Acceptable Use Policy that you agreed to when you joined this site requires) or the precise nature of your fault will remain a mystery that no-one can help you with.
 
The online system is not fixed. Yesterday I tried to go online and started playing 30mn after I log on for the first time, disconnected on first lobby, blackscreen on 2nd, disconnection again on 3rd and finaly I got a stable room which happen to be really good also ^^
 
Just about done with this game....
 
biggles1978
As I'm still have trouble loading game .

I can't load game still since last update . I was wondering if anyone was still having problems . Because I have just try'd a friend's game and still having no luck with it .
 
Load the game without signing into PSN, it often helps. Connect to PSN after everything has loaded.
 
Thanks I have try'd that and it's still the same even when on different user
 
I have had a tremendous increase in online issues since the 2.08 update.

I only play online so this causes a great deal of frustration for me.

To be honest it has made me do some research into switching to a different console and game altogether.

When the game runs smoothly it is a good, fun, activity. The disconnects and glitchy play have made it not so much fun.

Please PD and or Sony acknowledge the issues and do your best to rectify the problems.
 
How do you do it . I have not got a clue on doing thing's like that .lol.
 
Try reinstalling the game.

Don't do this. The problems you are experiencing are happening to everyone. Re installing the game will do nothing but waste a bunch of time that could've been spent yelling at the black tv screen ;) It will not help, i've tried this 2 times already, thinking that it was just me...It didn't help at all.
 
Don't do this. The problems you are experiencing are happening to everyone.

I still haven't seen a coherent description of the problem to determine what it is. This is a bit of a vague situation to unilaterally decide everyone is suffering it.

I've just returned from playing GT5 in a room with 7 other guys on 7 other consoles for 30 hours in a 48 hour period. We experienced no game issues, no login issues, no disconnect issues, no lobby issues and in fact no issues of any kind. GT5 played completely normally and we were online the whole time in the same lobby. Whatever the undefined problem is, it's clearly not happening to everyone.
 
Don't do this. The problems you are experiencing are happening to everyone. Re installing the game will do nothing but waste a bunch of time that could've been spent yelling at the black tv screen ;) It will not help, i've tried this 2 times already, thinking that it was just me...It didn't help at all.

I dont know how much yall got stored on your systems or how often you clean history ect... But I have not had any problems except adapting to the new physics.
 
I get the occasional black screen when online. Happens often enough to be very annoying, but by no means all the time.
 
.
 
Last edited:
Well I tried clearing my cache and it seems like I have less problems now. Before I was getting 5 black screens and after the cache clear I'm only getting about 1 a day. Try doing that.
 
All I get is the (3D safety message ) .It then goes to black screen and stays like it .Also noticed that the hdd light is not flashing . Try'd if on friends ps3 working fine .?
 
I still haven't seen a coherent description of the problem to determine what it is. This is a bit of a vague situation to unilaterally decide everyone is suffering it.

I've just returned from playing GT5 in a room with 7 other guys on 7 other consoles for 30 hours in a 48 hour period. We experienced no game issues, no login issues, no disconnect issues, no lobby issues and in fact no issues of any kind. GT5 played completely normally and we were online the whole time in the same lobby. Whatever the undefined problem is, it's clearly not happening to everyone.

Its not happening AS OFTEN as before, but however i am still getting disconnected like crazy and all of the people i have talked to today have all said they are getting black screens coming out of the pits and getting disconnected for no reason. Maybe its different on the EU side of the servers but over here in the states, it's still is going on. Have you deleted your game data yet or are you still using the same data as before patch 2.08?
 
Back