Upload screenshots from the PS4/5

• Thread starter Live25
  • 10 comments
United States
Portland, OR
Live25
I notice a lof people taking pictures from their phones/tablets to post screenshots on here. I'm assuming it's because they don't know how to upload screenshots from their PS4/5. It's really quite simple if you have the PS App.

To capture a screenshot (works the same for both the 4 and the 5: Easy, click the 'Share' button.

Open the PS App and click on ‘Settings’ (gear icon, top right): Be sure Auto-upload Captures is enabled (Under Console Management)

To transfer a screenshot to your device: Open the PS App and click the 'Game Library' tab (4th from the left on the 'taskbar' at the bottom, see picture)

D4943949-D18F-4E46-8C73-0F1FAD663D33.png

Select 'Captures', top left

Click the image(s) you would like to share, download (down arrow, bottom right) to your phone

11260C27-C2C8-41DD-A74D-05A5D72AAC39.png

Simply attach the selected photo(s) to your post and voila! HD quality images for posting on GTPlanet!

Had some time to kill, what the heck.

Last edited:
Thanks for that - I only found out about the app when I managed to get a PS5. Didn't know about it on the PS4 and swapping thumb drives to get stuff on the computer was a pain in the rear, so I gave up!

ok, I downloaded this app...but I don't have that games/captures option...I only have that one below(played/purchased)

And when i go to Console Mangement in the settings there is no "Auto-upload Captures" that i can enable...
Under Console Mangement there are just 3 options:.)connect console with App
.)login with PS5
.)Online Status

Where is my mistake, why is that not working, why is the games/captures option not showing up on my app,where can i find that "enable auto-upload captures" button ?

ok, I downloaded this app...but I don't have that games/captures option...I only have that one below(played/purchased)

And when i go to Console Mangement in the settings there is no "Auto-upload Captures" that i can enable...
Under Console Mangement there are just 3 options:.)connect console with App
.)login with PS5
.)Online Status

Where is my mistake, why is that not working, why is the games/captures option not showing up on my app,where can i find that "enable auto-upload captures" button ?
Back into console management. You'll probably have to log in first and then it should allow you to link your console.

I knew I was going to miss steps as I was already setup, will amend the instructions.

Back into console management. You'll probably have to log in first and then it should allow you to link your console.

I knew I was going to miss steps as I was already setup, will amend the instructions.
Could it be that you are using a PS5? I have a PS4, I'm registered ectr, but I don't have this point either. There are well-known differences between PS4 and PS5, this one is probably one of them.

If I want to share a screenshot here in the forum or via discord, I either do it as a photo directly with my mobile phone if the quality is not that important, or I take a screenshot and then share it via chat with my 2nd account or in our group chat. I then download this screenshot from the app via mobile phone and can then share it in Discord, here in the forum or elsewhere.

You may be on to something, but it's a bit late and I don't feel like firing up the 4 to find out right now.

Back to the drawing board!

Back