USA Drivers - Including Nascar Enhance the Game for you?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHunters
  • 64 comments
  • 4,264 views

Having Nascar in GT5 enhances the game for me

  • Definitely adds to my enjoyment

    Votes: 40 29.0%
  • Wouldn't play it without it

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Doesn't matter - I would enjoy it just the same

    Votes: 72 52.2%
  • None of the Above

    Votes: 25 18.1%

  • Total voters
    138
Messages
1,973
United States
Florida - USA
Messages
Flsurffisher
I've seen a lot of Nascar online. But when I hear the talk it's all "Wish they didn't include Nascar." So for you Nascar Fan/USA drivers does including Nascar in GT5 make the game better for you. Or would you be just as happy if it wasn't in the game?
 
NASCAR for me is very fun for me playing online BUT, it all depends on the rules of the race in that particular lobby. Oh and from what I've heard it's not NASCAR in GT5 that people hate, it's NASCAR freakin' 11. Lol so whatever.
 
I'm not a US citizen (not sure why that's even relevant to be honest) nor a particular fan of NASCAR but I was curious about their inclusion since it was announced.
Didn't object to them nor, for that matter, asked for them but since their inclusion is a given they do enhance the game simply because they add to the variety (although that logic would extend to cars like the Prius as well, and in a sense it does).
It hasn't turned me into a NASCAR convert but I do enjoy driving them once in a while and was actually planning to try some online NASCAR lobbies before PSN went down so I can't judge how that's like.
I'm aware their inclusion was controversial for several reasons, might be due partly to NASCAR having a bit of an image problem in the US itself and being a very specific kind of racing not easy to implement within the GT structure which leads to hardcore NASCAR fans being unsatisfied and some hardcore GT-fans questioning its place in a GT-game.
But here we are, love'em or loathe'em, or if you're like me (feeling a bit 'neutral' on this matter) have occasional fun with them without being persuaded either way.
 
Last edited:
I live in the south & I like Nascar. But putting Nascar in GT5 doesn't do a thing for me. Would have much rather they added some cars from the American LeMans Series instead.
 
It wouldn't have been a huge issue for me if NASCAR hadn't been included, but I have definitely enjoyed having it as part of the game.
 
I don't care for Nascar at all, I could never watch it or follow it, but I did enjoy the Nascar challenges, and the Nascar A-Spec series was one of the most challenging for me.

Also some of you might remember the 2nd seasonal event where you had to drive the Nascar through the ring, restrictions were still enforced. That challenge was awesome IMO.
 
I was very happy to learn it was going to be in the game but once I saw how it was used and how little a championship series it was and the lack of tracks, I was very dissapointed. Another what could have been...
 
The only time I have ever driven a NASCAR in this game was for the seasonal events a few months ago, the special event, the A Spec event, and an online race on the 'Ring at night. :D
 
I want the American LeMans series.

The actual Stock Cars are nice to have, but I don't drive on ovals much.
 
I don't really care for Nascar. I wish the game had included more things like Cart racing and Rally races.
 
I do live in the south and have watched some NASCAR but it's not my favorite motorsport by far. When I first heard it was going to be included in GT5 I thought it could be pretty neat though. The sport is meh but I do actually like the cars. 800hp 2 ton beasts that aren't really a traditional race car. And I love how they still use that awesome old school technology. However the way it was implemented, especially with Zombie Jeff Gordon, leaves a lot to be desired, but that goes for all the racing in the game. I mean you have DTM, Super GT, WRC, etc., etc. and this is how you utilize it?

Anyway back on topic NASCAR isn't done so well in the game but I do like having some of the cars. They really nailed the sound of them and they are a lot of fun to drive. NASCAR rooms online can be a lot of fun with the right group of people. Those lobbies also tend to be the best moderated.
 
There are people outside of the States who watch NASCAR, just as their are people in the States who don't. Why limit the thread to people who live in the US?

I don't really care for NASCAR, so I just ignore those sections of the game. I also don't car for a ton of the cars and some of the other features, so I just ignore them. I don't really mind if they're in the game though.
 
I raced the A-spec and had Mr Woczik race the B-spec (he was more successful of course) about 2 months ago and since then the Logano has sat in the garage never to see daylight again. Pig of a car. Much happier racing German cars around Nurburg. US citizen btw.
 
Another left turn!!!!!! No NASCAR kinda gets annoying after. EVERY SUNDAY. I don't need to see it in a gt game
 
There fun to drive because you can make them slip out so yes. :)

They could atleast added Dale Earnhardt Senior's #3 though.
 
ALMS first.
FIA GT second
DTM third
NASCAR last
 
They have the Toyota Prius in the game.

They have the Volkswagen Schwimmwagen in the game.

They have the Volkswagen Kubelwagen in the game.

They have the Volkswagen Samba Bus in the game.

They have 30+ variations on the Skyline in the game.

I find it funny that people get so bent out of shape because of the inclusion of NASCAR. Whenever I go online (hasn't been for a while now) the number of NASCAR rooms open tells me one thing... people use them.

I have never once watched an entire NASCAR race, but NASCAR stock cars are straight up fun to drive.
 
i like nascar cos anybody can race them
but its more about the strategy than racing i find in the 50 lap lobby's.
but would have preferred drag racing or gt1or 2 than nascar
 
I never liked NASCAR and I probably never will and this game made that even worse for me. I'm from Illinois so NASCAR isn't exactly that prominent where I live (we do have Chicagoland Speedway and we host a race every year.) I just don't see the point in driving around in circles for 3 hours. I get the strategy involved, but I would much rather watch German Touring cars go around the Nürburgring then big heavy stock cars go around Daytona. With the inclusion of so many nice race cars in this game, it makes NASCAR really obsolete and kinda stupid.
 
I bought GT5 only because NASCAR was in it. In turn it made me addicted to GT5 and all the other cars. I spend most my time online with NASCAR but offline all I do is race the nurburgring, mainly the 4th endurance.
I believe it was a great marketing strategy that brought in new fans of GT5 even though, honestly, I do feel out of place and sometimes unwelcome :)
 
NASCAR is alright, but I'm not really a fan of it. I watch it sometimes, but that's about it. I don't mind them being in GT5, because they're fun to drive on and off. A little change of pace is also welcomed.
 
Didn't vote in the poll as I'm not a US citizen. At first I was a bit dubious about the inclusion of NASCAR as I didn't think much of it at that time, and the sport itself isn't really implemented very well into the game.

BUT, I do enjoy the odd NASCAR race online, and the sport's inclusion in GT5 has opened up a whole new world of motorsport to me. I would never have watched the fantastic Talladega Nights if not for GT5! :p But seriously, yeah, it did enhance the game for me.
 
My apologies for limiting the question to USA Nascar fans. I just figured that's who follows the sport and would have the most passionate response. However, live and learn, it seems that it's a much broader audience. Again, sorry about that!
 
I like the inclusion of NASCAR. Once you get into it, it adds another dimension to the gameplay. I do wish that they had mixed it up a little more. It'd be nice to have at least one premium NASCAR from each decade of NASCAR rather than a bunch of identical cars in different liveries.
 
I'm not a US citizen (not sure why that's even relevant to be honest)

Because NASCAR is about as relevant to the rest of the world as Rugby is the the U.S. It's an American sport based in America, other countries can freely enjoy it but mostly they just make fun of the lack of anything but left-hand corners.

I am an American, never been much for NASCAR. I don't like the cars, I don't watch the sport. The only reason I like the inclusion of NASCAR is because it brings with it some nice, high-speed tracks.

I haven't even done a single race in the NASCAR event in A-spec. I had enough trouble gold-ing the Jeff Gordon special events.

If it were gone, I wouldn't miss it.
 
I honestly wished they hadn't included it. There's nothing wrong with NASCAR, it just can't be implemented well in gt5. Much rather have real road racing things included over NASCAR. It was fun to do the first couple of the Jeff Gordon special events, but I've never once done it since, with the exception of the NASCAR series in Extreme. Road Atlanta/America please, and some GT cars. :)

I mean, if I really wanted NASCAR, I would buy the NASCAR game, duh.
 
No, I hate NASCAR. If Kaz wanted to put an american series in the game he should have done the IZOD IndyCar Series. One chassis to model. Faster cars. And they do both oval and road course. And it would have made online Indy 500's incredible.
 
No, I hate NASCAR. If Kaz wanted to put an american series in the game he should have done the IZOD IndyCar Series. One chassis to model. Faster cars. And they do both oval and road course. And it would have made online Indy 500's incredible.

Why not both, and have less MX-5's/Skylines/S2000? :D
 
Though I would have bought GT5 regardless of NASCAR. NASCAR's inclusion in nice for me. I like racing games to be as diverse as possible. That said, I would have preferred that PD included ALMS.
 
I honestly wished they hadn't included it. There's nothing wrong with NASCAR, it just can't be implemented well in gt5.

Disagree there. A-Spec is a mess, but you can make it work online.

I'd personally love a room like this (minus crashing)


Supposedly, Infineon is one of the "rumor" tracks for GT5. Would make an autehntic NASCAR series more interesting.
 
Back