USA Drivers - Including Nascar Enhance the Game for you?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHunters
  • 64 comments
  • 4,264 views

Having Nascar in GT5 enhances the game for me

  • Definitely adds to my enjoyment

    Votes: 40 29.0%
  • Wouldn't play it without it

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Doesn't matter - I would enjoy it just the same

    Votes: 72 52.2%
  • None of the Above

    Votes: 25 18.1%

  • Total voters
    138
I wish Nascar wasn't in GT5... Why not focus on LMS, ALMS, FIA GT, DTM, WTCC, WRC, V8 Supercars, or F1? What the heck PD?
You are missing the point completely.

Gran Turismo could feature every race series you ever dreamed of, and each of those series would only be represented by a few cars and a few tracks.

Gran Turismo, as a collection of race series, is like skipping a rock across the surface of a lake. They dabble in JGTC, Le Mans, DTM, WRC, a little F1, but never go the whole way and represent one race series completely accurately or fully.
 
I don't think it's a realistic representation in this respect: You don't get cars slamming into the back of each other at high speed. A, bump a tap fine. But a slam?! If that happened you're looking at a major accident.
 
Being a big Nascar fan you would think that I play them in the game right? Nope. I've done the Nascar special event and thats it. I've never played them online and don't think I will. Don't know why. So, Nascar didn't enhance the game for me, but the cars look top notch.
 
I'm not a NASCAR fan at all, but I've really enjoyed driving the Stock cars in GT5. I wish they would've done more than the special events and seasonal race with it, but that's beside the point. I actually enjoyed the NASCAR racing in GT5 so much that I actually bought NTG: 2011 when it came out, and have really enjoyed that game as well. I still can't watch a NASCAR race on TV though, but I have heard they are fantastic experiences when you actually attend a race.


Parker
 
I've been to a few NASCAR races (Martinsville, Rockingham) and I was bored out of my mind by the race. However people watching at these events is hilarious, talk about some redneck/hillbillies...
 
Back