I keep seeing threads nitpicking everything about the game, and if something isn't replicated to a T or up to par its under scrutiny from members here.
I remember playing racing games in the 90's and I never once thought they had bad graphics, because we were forced to use our imagination, everything was pixelated, but it still felt great and still gave me the great sensation of driving a car around a race track, it was so fun.
Now though, that graphics have been so "next gen" we expect things to look as realistic as possible, and when they don't, we bash the developers.
What ever happened to letting your imagination take over and solve the issues you see wrong with the graphics? Trust me, I am not happy at all about the shadow issue, I hate it when I see the dust pixel's everywhere during rally, and I am not big on the square trees. However, when I allow myself to get lost in the experience, that stuff really doesn't matter. The important things like sound, driving feel, frame rate, all move really well and if I let myself go and just have the game take me away I hardly notice any of the issues.
I do really hope they adjust the textures and up the shadows in an update, but really, the game runs so well and the experience is so awesome, anyone who isn't letting their imagination make up for the flaws is really missing out on a great experience.