Use your Logitech wheel on Xbox 360

II-zOoLoGy-II

(Banned)
United States
F YOU
Thought I would share some information with the community that I found rather appealing when I stumbled across this the other day. If this has been posted before I apologize, go ahead and lock. If not I hope some people find this helpful.

So I have recently been debating an inclusion, not switch, of Forza to my collection (PS3 and GT5)... I already own a 360 so the only thing REALLY holding me back was the wheel. Of course I already have the DFGT for Gran Turismo. At first glance, you might not think you will be able to use your Logitech wheel (G25/27DFGT), but my friends... Oh my friends... This is where you are wrong.

I present to you Team XCM F1 Converter for the use of your Logitech G25-27-DFGT on the Xbox 360:

Official Website:
http://www.xcm.cc/f1_converter.htm
(Vendors located on homepage)

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlO83GE5Yos&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srJeN-pI3LM&feature=player_embedded

Works best with DFGT!

Enjoy!

I know I will be...

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. This is for people who own a Logitech and don't want to buy another expensive wheel.

Or the people want to upgrade from a crappy FFB wheel, and they thought this might be a cheaper quicker option for getting a FFB wheel on the 360... (My predicament)

:)

Dopplegagger
Or the people want to upgrade from a crappy FFB wheel, and they thought this might be a cheaper quicker option for getting a FFB wheel on the 360... (My predicament)

:)

Yup. It's not perfect. But at least you're not spending an arm and a leg on another wheel.

Its a very expensive way to turn a logitech wheel into a madcat wheel if you ask me...
And its a shame because I really was looking foward to this a to try forza with my Logitech.

Yup. It's not perfect. But at least you're not spending an arm and a leg on another wheel.

Yes but there is something to be said about the cost of that wheel compared to getting the converter, a wired controller and the G27...

Lets see.

G27 New from New egg - $300
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104330&Tpk=Logitech g27

XCM converter - $85
http://cgi.ebay.com/XCM-F1-Converter-Logitech-G25-G27-Wheel-Xbox-36-PS3-/260728814297

Wired Xbox 360 controller - $33
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103205&Tpk=Wired Xbox 360 controller

Total for me... $418. And that gives me what. A glorified workaround with 2 times the effort needed to steer the car and at best Axial feed back effects? I'd rather spend the extra $82 and get more accurate control, proper force feedback, the ability to assign buttons, a 6 speed shifter that works and arguably a better wheel than the G27.

would love to pick this up...but the videos looked rather unimpressive...i love Forza...and had played all racing games (up to GT5) with a pad...but right after GT5 came out i got a KILLER deal on a DFGT that i couldn't pass up...

if this looked like it worked better...or if they improve it through firmware updates...i might check it out..

Dopplegagger
Yes but there is something to be said about the cost of that wheel compared to getting the converter, a wired controller and the G27...

Lets see.

G27 New from New egg - $300
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104330&Tpk=Logitech%20g27

XCM converter - $85
http://cgi.ebay.com/XCM-F1-Converter-Logitech-G25-G27-Wheel-Xbox-36-PS3-/260728814297

Wired Xbox 360 controller - $33
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103205&Tpk=Wired%20Xbox%20360%20controller

Total for me... $418. And that gives me what. A glorified workaround with 2 times the effort needed to steer the car and at best Axial feed back effects? I'd rather spend the extra $82 and get more accurate control, proper force feedback, the ability to assign buttons, a 6 speed shifter that works and arguably a better wheel than the G27.

Again, this is for people who own everything but the converter. So once again, cost is 85$ as opposed to buying a 360 wheel.

Go troll elsewhere.

Even if you already have everything needed except the converter, according to those who have used this it doesn't work very well. It certainly doesn't seem justify an $80 price tag. No amount of firmware or updates with be able to correct the deadzone and steering issues since these controller settings are programmed by the game. If the game (Forza) doesn't recognize your wheel as a wheel, then forget about it you're wasting money. I'd like to thank the TC for creating this thread though...hopefully people will read it before spending money on something that they'll most likely regret.

Even though I own a G25 I'd rather find a second hand Microsoft wheel to buy and use rather than buy this device. The designers of this device are doing the best with what they have access to, unfortunately they don't have access to attaching the Logitech wheel as a wheel which is what is really needed.

Even though I own a G25 I'd rather find a second hand Microsoft wheel to buy and use rather than buy this device. The designers of this device are doing the best with what they have access to, unfortunately they don't have access to attaching the Logitech wheel as a wheel which is what is really needed.

right, what NEEDS to be accomplished is to somehow spoofing the 360 into thinking a MS Wheel, or something else compatible is connected.

Honestly I wouldn't care if i had to use a controller/wheel combo to actually play the game...as in using the controller for going through the menus and such and then the wheel only for the actual racing...

if they could spoof the game into thinking its a wheel connected then allowing the wheel to turn, and the pedals to work, and the shifters to work then bam i'd be happy...

They need to figure out the proper signals that the wheel sends to the 360 that make it different than a controller, and learn how to copy that signal

right, what NEEDS to be accomplished is to somehow spoofing the 360 into thinking a MS Wheel, or something else compatible is connected.

Honestly I wouldn't care if i had to use a controller/wheel combo to actually play the game...as in using the controller for going through the menus and such and then the wheel only for the actual racing...

if they could spoof the game into thinking its a wheel connected then allowing the wheel to turn, and the pedals to work, and the shifters to work then bam i'd be happy...

They need to figure out the proper signals that the wheel sends to the 360 that make it different than a controller, and learn how to copy that signal

That would probably yeld better results, but I wonder if such an adaptor could translate the XID signals into HID and vise a versa fast enough with out noticeable lag.

Its a very expensive way to turn a logitech wheel into a madcat wheel if you ask me...
And its a shame because I really was looking foward to this a to try forza with my Logitech.

I agree, I was also looking forward to this.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't."

I mean no disrespect to the devs of this interesting device but I just don't see why not invest the $80 into a used turbo sports wheel or something? I've seen used turbo sports wheels on ebay auctioning for like $100 ([edit] ok I cant find any auctions right now so maybe that solution sucks). just add on the pedals for $50 and you're setup with a good multiplatform wheel. Granted yer total will end up like x2 what that xcm hack sells for but wouldnt that be preferred?

If thats not feasible perhaps you're just better off with a brand new mad catz for $100

Last edited:
Currently I'm using the g27 and a playseat for GT5 and I have the MS FF wheel for Forza 3. I'm considering selling both and getting a used Fanatec 911 turbo S wheel but my concern is it's reliability. Also I heard the shifter and the pedals are crap. I know they make an adapter to use the pedals from the G27. Meh I'll probably wait and see what MS comes out with for Forza 4.

Currently I'm using the g27 and a playseat for GT5 and I have the MS FF wheel for Forza 3. I'm considering selling both and getting a used Fanatec 911 turbo S wheel but my concern is it's reliability. Also I heard the shifter and the pedals are crap. I know they make an adapter to use the pedals from the G27. Meh I'll probably wait and see what MS comes out with for Forza 4.

The shifter isn't exactly anything to write home about, that's for sure. But the wheel is solid and if you're getting the Fanatec you'd want to get the Clubsport pedals. That's about half the reason for going Fanatec in my opinion anyway and those pedals are FAR from crap. They're spectacular.

Later on you can upgrade to the Clubsport shifter which is supposed to be coming out some time this year. They're supposed to be on the same level of performance of the Clubsport pedals. That's the killer setup right there. I'm just waiting for that Clubsport shifter myself then I'm done. I enjoy the Fanatec gear I have now though while I'm waiting for that shifter.

I commend the developers for giving this a shot aswell, but as a solution for using my g27 with the 360 I think it just isn't the best. I would have to think of getting the fanatic setup, if the shifter is that good but right now my g27 is great.

Latest Posts

Back