Used Car Dealership is horrible!

• Thread starter Arthur-A
  • 79 comments
United States
United States
So the game has over 400 cars, but only a fraction of those are available. In GT6 you could buy whatever car you wanted right away. Why taking this huge step backwards after doing it right in GT6?
UCD inventory updating every day (real, not in-game) and it's always just 1 or 2 new cars. This is simply appalling.

Last edited:
Personally I prefer it. I don't mind the rarest classic cars being just that, rare.

The format they've got now is most similar to GT4, which most people view as the gold standard of Gran Turismos, and i like that they've used the online aspect to make rare cars becoming available a shared experience.

Really enjoying seeing all of these Amuse S2000 replicas appear now that the S2000 has become available :lol:

Not to judge anybody else's way of playing the game, but I don't know why so many people want to be able to obtain all of the cars straight away. I get that most GT fans are older now and have less free time, so I can understand the frustration in that regard, but this isn't how GT Games were in the past, and I really wouldn't like to have done, seen, tuned and driven everything within the first two weeks of the games release.

If you didn't have enough free time to play it, you wouldn't have been able to try all that the game had to offer back in the day.

I barely made it beyond the Clubman Cup when I used to play Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec as a child and the fastest car I owned was an FTO, but it was still my favourite game by far back in the day, and I'm so glad that everything wasn't handed to me on day one because I didn't have the time or skill to get it for myself.

Last edited:
The format they've got now is most similar to GT4
There is one HUGE difference though, the GT4 one updated based on in-game time, so you could cycle through them relatively quickly and you didn't miss any as long as you didn't advance your own in-game time. You put the game on two weeks later, the UCD is the same as you left it.

The GT7 one is, as OP says, just adding one or two cars every real-time day. So not only is it much slower to rotate cars, if you can't play the game for a few real-time days, you might miss out on a car. That isn't fun, expecting people to play every day to get the cars they want.

So the game has over 400 cars, but only a fraction of those are available.
I've just done a quick survey, and of the 424 cars in the game, 305 of them are available right now (it would be 306 if the Plymouth XNR wasn't sold out at the LCD).

That makes about 7/10 of the cars available - which is certainly "a fraction", but then 424/424 would also be a fraction.

For reference, there's 128 cars in the Used and Legend dealerships (apparently 70+ in Legends, although I don't agree with that figure at the moment), and 10 new cars that are only available by in-game invites.

I've just done a quick survey, and of the 424 cars in the game, 305 of them are available right now (it would be 306 if the Plymouth XNR wasn't sold out at the LCD).

That makes about 7/10 of the cars available - which is certainly "a fraction", but then 424/424 would also be a fraction.

For reference, there's 128 cars in the Used and Legend dealerships (apparently 70+ in Legends, although I don't agree with that figure at the moment), and 10 new cars that are only available by in-game invites.
How much cars you reckon are in Legends dealership?

There is one HUGE difference though, the GT4 one updated based on in-game time, so you could cycle through them relatively quickly and you didn't miss any as long as you didn't advance your own in-game time. You put the game on two weeks later, the UCD is the same as you left it.

The GT7 one is, as OP says, just adding one or two cars every real-time day. So not only is it much slower to rotate cars, if you can't play the game for a few real-time days, you might miss out on a car. That isn't fun, expecting people to play every day to get the cars they want.
I get that, but I'm pretty sure these cars will come back around in the coming weeks.

I think it's a very good simulation of the real world of rare, classic cars and the challenges of car collecting, and one which I really like the implementation of, but again I can understand why people short on time or who would like to play the game a different way would feel frustrated by it.

How much cars you reckon are in Legends dealership?
I have 52 I'm sure about and four I don't know how to place (one of which I'm very sure I've seen in pre-release stuff in Brighton Antiques, but can't find now). I recently updated the Guide to include "where to buy" details on all of them, so you can see my working :lol:

Anyway, including a small handful of cars that appear in both New and Used dealers, Used should fully rotate in six weeks and Legends in ten.

Edit: 54. I found the Brighton Antiques screenshot, and one of my unknowns just landed!

Last edited:
I agree with the OP the used car dealership is really poor.. I keep logging on just to look in there and its pretty much the same old stuff day after day, some variety would be nice ;)👍
As Famine pointed out 305 of the games cars are currently available.

If people are that frustrated by the limited availability of cars at the moment, does this mean that they're bored of 7/10 of the cars available in the game, 10 days after release?

it said changed daily 😂 one a day maybe, sick of all bugs in this game for 60quid is ridiculous. No weather report before race has got be one of the most stupidest ideas going, also whats the idea behind pitting or not when you dont pit and pass leader going into pits to find next lap they are leading again 🤔 Ai cars railroading you off track, going over corners etc to get past on monza chicane 😳

I have 52 I'm sure about and four I don't know how to place (one of which I'm very sure I've seen in pre-release stuff in Brighton Antiques, but can't find now). I recently updated the Guide to include "where to buy" details on all of them, so you can see my working :lol:

Anyway, including a small handful of cars that appear in both New and Used dealers, Used should fully rotate in six weeks and Legends in ten.
Well i'm almost at the point now where I will have enough CR to buy my dream car , thing is in about 4 weeks i'm on holiday for 12 Days , sods law says my " Dream Car " will appear and i'll be 3,000+ miles away from my PS4 :lol:

Last edited:
Like, I really want to buy 180SX, but due to that stupid championship car award system I got another S13, which I already had 2. And now I have to wait who knows how long, till 180SX becomes available in the UCD. Same with GC8 STi, and many others.

Last edited:

If people are that frustrated by the limited availability of cars at the moment, does this mean that they're bored of 7/10 of the cars available in the game, 10 days after release?
The game is pretty boring and the cars are overpriced... I just look for bargain cars in the UCD to make it worthwhile but none appeal to me, lets see some used race cars nice and cheap :P

I get that, but I'm pretty sure these cars will come back around in the coming weeks.

I think it's a very good simulation of the real world of rare, classic cars and the challenges of car collecting, and one which I really like the implementation of, but again I can understand why people short on time or who would like to play the game a different way would feel frustrated by it.
What if I don't happen to be playing the week they come back around either?

It's not realistic at all, unless in the real world you only have 20 used cars to buy at any one time in the world and they're all time limited? Yes certain cars in real life don't appear on the market all that often, but they're the exception.

Car collecting in real life is really just a matter of money. If I had 100 million in my bank account I could go out tomorrow and buy a huge collection of expensive classic cars.

Ferrari Testarossa? Sure.

Porsche 356? Not a problem.

R32 Skyline? Plenty.

That's just one website in one country that I found in 5 minutes.

I'm sure I could even buy a McLaren F1 if I find the right people and offer the right price. What I wouldn't do is sit reading one classified ads listing of 20 cars waiting for one to appear.

If you like it then that's your opinion but let's not try to pretend it's anything like reality.

No, because they've not got access to most of those cars either thanks to the cost of them vs payouts. The total cost of cars in Brand Central is 157 million. But nobody expects to have them all in 10 days, quicker than 2 years is probably desirable though.

Last edited:
it said changed daily 😂 one a day maybe
It looks like UCD swaps out three cars each day (once you've progressed past Menu Book 39), while LCD swaps out one - though LCD apparently took Monday off this week.
Well i'm almost at the point now where I will have enough CR to buy my dream car , thing is in about 4 weeks i'm on holiday for 12 Days , sods law says my " Dream Car " will appear and i'll be 3,000+ miles away from my PS4 :lol:
Remote Play is your friend :D
And now I have to wait who knows how long, till 180SX becomes available in the UCD. Same with GC8 STi, and many others.
It will likely be within the next four weeks, as it seems to push through 15 cars each week and there's about 80 UCD cars in total. Of course we've already seen nearly 30 of them, so with 50 left at 15 a week...

... although I'm not accounting for any cars that are added to the game in the meantime, if we get some content updates through.

Might see a plethora of Japanese cars coming up(SilEighty, Trueno, 240 Z cars, etc.). Also, cars like the M3 ‘89, CSL ‘72, USA cars.

The game is pretty boring and the cars are overpriced... I just look for bargain cars in the UCD to make it worthwhile but none appeal to me, lets see some used race cars nice and cheap :P
I'm honestly relieved about the PS5 shortage, given how many people have played GT7 to death at this stage and are bored of it :lol:

Given that my order with Argos has been cancelled and I'm back to square one, there's a decent chance that we'll have more tracks, events and cars by the time I do get a chance to play it.

In all honesty, it sucks to be bored of the new GT game after 10 days given that they come out every 4 years or so.

I hope the rumours about missing Cafe menus 39 to 59 being on the way are true, because the game's clearly lacking content at the faster end.

Thanks a lot for the insights, I’ll check the guide. 👍🏻

It looks like UCD swaps out three cars each day (once you've progressed past Menu Book 39), while LCD swaps out one - though LCD apparently took Monday off this week.

It will likely be within the next four weeks, as it seems to push through 15 cars each week and there's about 80 UCD cars in total. Of course we've already seen nearly 30 of them, so with 50 left at 15 a week...

... although I'm not accounting for any cars that are added to the game in the meantime, if we get some content updates through.
Remote Play WTf is that ??? :dunce:

What if I don't happen to be playing the week they come back around either?

It's not realistic at all, unless in the real world you only have 20 used cars to buy at any one time in the world and they're all time limited? Yes certain cars in real life don't appear on the market all that often, but they're the exception.

Car collecting in real life is really just a matter of money. If I had 100 million in my bank account I could go out tomorrow and buy a huge collection of expensive classic cars.

Ferrari Testarossa? Sure.

Porsche 356? Not a problem.

R32 Skyline? Plenty.

That's just one website in one country that I found in 5 minutes.

I'm sure I could even buy a McLaren F1 if I find the right people and offer the right price. What I wouldn't do is sit reading one classified ads listing of 20 cars waiting for one to appear.

If you like it then that's your opinion but let's not try to pretend it's anything like reality.

No, because they've not got access to most of those cars either thanks to the cost of them vs payouts. The total cost of cars in Brand Central is 157 million. But nobody expects to have them all in 10 days, quicker than 2 years is probably desirable though.
Fair enough, point taken.

Ultimately I think people want entirely different things from GT7, and while I don't deny that there are parts of it that could be better, the contrasting desires and expectations of GT fans at this stage are something Polyphony Digital can't really do anything about.

GT, Forza, iracing, Project CARS, Assetto Corsa, NFS, etc. are all massively different games, with different structures.

Unlike other genres though, racing games, and Forza and GT in particular, are expected to be all things to all car fans.

It's only natural that all recent iterations are now met with such wildly contrasting receptions.

Last edited:

ive finished it all and nothing changed, still one or two cars, its wanting you to buy buy buy. boring crap cars.

But this is important info. Game needs to tell you that. If it's just few cars, I am OK with that. To me it looked like to OP.

But this is important info. Game needs to tell you that. If it's just few cars, I am OK with that. To me it looked like to OP.
some used cars are not available in brand central, im waiting for the alfa romeo touring car

some used cars are not available in brand central, im waiting for the alfa romeo touring car
Sure but if it's just few cars, it's really good. I thought most of the cars are not accessible. In fact, they are because of broken economy, but they need to just add few races to have opportunity to race in a racing game. The game is not completely lost after all. :D

Just to boost this point even more, in the reality of waiting for one to appear, there are always connections in the off-market who will find it for you instead. Classic/Exotic cars are very much investments these days & there's always an owner waiting to get their return to let it go.

Last edited:
Indeed it's not really a matter of "how many car are available" (as said, 300+, there's a lot to enjoy !), but knowing that a car you love and would like to drive is not available, even if it's considered "cheap" (for example a Subaru 22B is not there and the whole world seems empty :D)

It's not very bad, I'll wait, but I understand the frustration behind this game design choice :)

I dislike that it's the same for everyone, TBH. My friend and I have very fond memories of saying "you've got 100k credits to buy a car and mod it for our next race" but if the UCD is the same for both of us then it's going to yield very similar results. It was great back in the day as we'd end up with some incredibly different vehicles.

I dislike that it's the same for everyone, TBH. My friend and I have very fond memories of saying "you've got 100k credits to buy a car and mod it for our next race" but if the UCD is the same for both of us then it's going to yield very similar results. It was great back in the day as we'd end up with some incredibly different vehicles.
Maybe "forcing people on same cars" is a way to boost number of liveries/styles for those cars at game start, I don't know... But maybe not as I guess some liveries are imported from GT Sport ?

Back