Used Car Dealership is horrible!

• Thread starter Arthur-A
  • 79 comments
That's why you're able to use some in missions/license tests/Music Rally and see AI drive them in races, right? :dunce:
All of them? :D Just thinking, that would be pretty cool strategy for them, because GT is never on time and finally Kaz said: "**** it! I have an idea!".

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I prefer it. I don't mind the rarest classic cars being just that, rare.

The format they've got now is most similar to GT4, which most people view as the gold standard of Gran Turismos, and i like that they've used the online aspect to make rare cars becoming available a shared experience.

Really enjoying seeing all of these Amuse S2000 replicas appear now that the S2000 has become available :lol:

Not to judge anybody else's way of playing the game, but I don't know why so many people want to be able to obtain all of the cars straight away. I get that most GT fans are older now and have less free time, so I can understand the frustration in that regard, but this isn't how GT Games were in the past, and I really wouldn't like to have done, seen, tuned and driven everything within the first two weeks of the games release.

If you didn't have enough free time to play it, you wouldn't have been able to try all that the game had to offer back in the day.

I barely made it beyond the Clubman Cup when I used to play Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec as a child and the fastest car I owned was an FTO, but it was still my favourite game by far back in the day, and I'm so glad that everything wasn't handed to me on day one because I didn't have the time or skill to get it for myself.
I wholeheartedly agree although I doubt it has anything to do with those of us GT players who are older. In fact, most older folks (like me) that I know usually have set routines and established patterns at their work. ....and those who are gamers (like me) have usual times set aside in which they play. We also don't go out as much as we used to, etc. ....so I'd argue that many of us actually have more time.

TBH, it's usually the younger ones in our group that seem to have more going on in their lives that interrupt the times they spend with us in a game. In my case, I'm in my mid 50's and already retired. Although my game time hasn't changed since before I stopped working, I still have plenty of time to spend playing.

In reality, Used Cars are never a good thing.

It just unnecessary locks players from cars in the game. Now I don't know why that feature is so sought up after when the reality is seen now how infuriating it is and how out of touch PD is with gaming design to have feature that only making it more difficult for player. Those existed in GT1 to GT4, PD doesn't deserve as much props even back then. This only gets even worse with invitations and MTX or the current Used Cars system.

Even without Used Cars GT would still lock players from cars like GT3 with not all cars appearing in dealerships.

As Famine pointed out 305 of the games cars are currently available.

If people are that frustrated by the limited availability of cars at the moment, does this mean that they're bored of 7/10 of the cars available in the game, 10 days after release?
Well, they are the same cars we've had for a decade...

The majority of the new cars to the franchise are locked away where players cannot get to them, so yeah, a lot of people probably are pretty bored of driving the same cars from GT6 (nine year old game) and GT Sport (almost 5 year old game)

My issue with the used car dealership in this game is that it doesn't really feel like a proper used car dealership anymore - rather, I feel like I'm entering a dealership with a curated collection of highly-priced, rapidly-appreciating cult cars.

I miss the days in GT4/5 where I could rock up with 10,000 credits and get a high-mile ****box that's in desperate need of a wash and an oil change. Now, you can barely get anywhere with anything less than 30,000 credits.

I understand that the prices largely reflect real world values - which isn't necessarily something I dislike - but I don't understand why there also aren't 200,000-kilometre, sub-$15k Silvia's and Civics to balance the higher-value cars out.

My issue with the used car dealership in this game is that it doesn't really feel like a proper used car dealership anymore - rather, I feel like I'm entering a dealership with a curated collection of highly-priced, rapidly-appreciating cult cars.

I miss the days in GT4/5 where I could rock up with 10,000 credits and get a high-mile ****box that's in desperate need of a wash and an oil change. Now, you can barely get anywhere with anything less than 30,000 credits.

I understand that the prices largely reflect real world values - which isn't necessarily something I dislike - but I don't understand why there also aren't 200,000-kilometre, sub-$15k Silvia's and Civics to balance the higher-value cars out.
I wanted to be able to buy a 5k Daihatsu Midget in GT7 or like all my previous used car starters in the old GT games a 5k miata to start my career. Instead if we didn't get the pre order money we were forced to choose between the 3 starter Pokémo..I mean cars...

Did you know that there were many requests to bring UCD back at GT6's era before?

Though what I wish in GT7 was that UCD to only feature cars below 2001 (so at the beginning can buy at Brand Central too).
UCD was awesome in GT5 on back; I wanted it in GT6 as well. The major difference being that the player had control over when the cars would cycle out. Three races and it changed. So if you wanted to waste an entire Saturday playing you could run 30 races and see the UCD update 10x that day. GT7 is live service drip-feed in order to incentive you to show up every day instead of implementing a system that makes for a better game.
I wanted to be able to buy a 5k Daihatsu Midget in GT7 or like all my previous used car starters in the old GT games a 5k miata to start my career. Instead if we didn't get the pre order money we were forced to choose between the 3 starter Pokémo..I mean cars...
That's what I was wanting too... The good news is for all we know we might still be getting a proper GT career mode. Lord knows the game is no where near finished, so maybe Cafe was meant to be a tutorial all along. I'd start a new game on another profile if they brought back the old career system where you get like 20k and have to find a car for the Sunday Cup. Well, assuming in that scenario we have all the races, including IB/IA/S which are currently MIA.

So, there are 2 new cars and 4 are sold out. Same as yesterday, nothing changed. This "sold out" thing is total BS. Why are they there then? Why are they taking up the available slots when you could add more new cars instead of keeping those useless cards?

"In GT7 I would like to have users enjoy lots of cars.." so I lock them behind a stupid UCD that updates it's inventory once in a several days. WTF?!

Ask Andi if he will haggle with you. Maybe he’ll offer a low APR if you’re credit worthy, or at least a discount at GT Auto and some floor mats.

More salt on the wound. A Honda S2000 is NOT worth 100k unless it's a CR, because the only two to break 100k on Bring-a-Trailer are the special CR models.

Personally I prefer it. I don't mind the rarest classic cars being just that, rare.

The format they've got now is most similar to GT4, which most people view as the gold standard of Gran Turismos, and i like that they've used the online aspect to make rare cars becoming available a shared experience.

Really enjoying seeing all of these Amuse S2000 replicas appear now that the S2000 has become available :lol:

Not to judge anybody else's way of playing the game, but I don't know why so many people want to be able to obtain all of the cars straight away. I get that most GT fans are older now and have less free time, so I can understand the frustration in that regard, but this isn't how GT Games were in the past, and I really wouldn't like to have done, seen, tuned and driven everything within the first two weeks of the games release.

If you didn't have enough free time to play it, you wouldn't have been able to try all that the game had to offer back in the day.

I barely made it beyond the Clubman Cup when I used to play Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec as a child and the fastest car I owned was an FTO, but it was still my favourite game by far back in the day, and I'm so glad that everything wasn't handed to me on day one because I didn't have the time or skill to get it for myself.
It really isn't that everyone wants to obtain every car. It's more like this guy wants a particular car, that guy wants a particular car and so on. That and the BS limited time on overpriced for this economy Legend cars and invitations are not great.

Indeed it's not really a matter of "how many car are available" (as said, 300+, there's a lot to enjoy !), but knowing that a car you love and would like to drive is not available, even if it's considered "cheap" (for example a Subaru 22B is not there and the whole world seems empty :D)

It's not very bad, I'll wait, but I understand the frustration behind this game design choice :)
Dude, srsly about the 22B. You do know it is going to be at least 400k right? That is the most recent price for one.

some used cars are not available in brand central, im waiting for the alfa romeo touring car
Yikes bro. It was in the Legendary a few days ago.....It will probably be like 3 mo before it cycles back through.

...also r34 for 400k 🤣
That's what those cars pretty much go for now...

I honestly would like to see the UCD go away just so I could choose colors. Exteriors are fine and can be changed and it's no big deal, but it's the interiors that are bothering me. The Levin has been in twice now, both times it being a white/black two-tone with the red interior.

I'm eagerly awaiting for the time when the silver/black two-tone comes in because I much prefer the blue interior when the exterior is a bit loud.

i know but this game is out of touch with reality when it comes to earning the coin
besides I'd never pay irl 400k for some nostalgia f&f fuss, I'd rather have stock r35
400k that's lambo svj money ffs

Last edited:
First off ive never loved a video game so much that i have so many complaints about.. Today i had 5 slots sold out and change to new cars.. I thought that would be great, a few new cars freshen up the game.However the jokes on me all 5 cars are newer than 2001 and i could have bought them anytime id like at brand central SMH.. Give me my classics back im dying to run a 22b/Clio v6/old Gti/70 charger/superbird and many more. What a terribly thought out concept we cant sell cars and they get to decide what cars we can get when and how much just awful

It needs more cars in it full stop. I've has the same 911 and GTR in it all week. I don't want the 911 and already have the GTR so surely give me something new!

Is it meant to change everyday? I'm not even sure if it does.

It needs more cars in it full stop. I've has the same 911 and GTR in it all week. I don't want the 911 and already have the GTR so surely give me something new!

Is it meant to change everyday? I'm not even sure if it does.
I believe it changes more frequently once to finish the café missions.

I've finished all cafe missions. It's not even updating every day:mad:
But even that is a stupid idea. At least update the ****ing inventory after couple of races!

Last edited:
Back