Utes aka Coupe Utilities aka Car-based Pickups

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 125 comments
images (16).jpeg
images (15).jpeg
images (18).jpeg
images (17).jpeg
images (14).jpeg

Sheesh. The U.S never got lowlight Minors when they were first imported here in 1949. So finding one in that shape near where I live would easily bring $10-15k usd.

Sheesh. The U.S never got lowlight Minors when they were first imported here in 1949. So finding one in that shape near where I live would easily bring $10-15k usd.
Yeah. To you it'd be the normal $300-$500 USD for an old car. I miss those prices.

As an example, at a used car lot. There was a mid-80s Ford Laser(Mercury Tracer). Tan with brown
interior. It was in perfect condition. I'm talking showroom condition inside and out. Had old school bubble wind deflectors. Clear headlight covers. Not a scratch or worn interior. $5000AUD! Heeeck no.

Over there, "Umm, I'll give you four hundred for that.".

Huh, I never realised they left Australia. I guess it makes sense, as it's also a RHD market. Were these ever offered in LHD?

US only got coupes and saloons, not the utes. The VZ Monaro came over as Pontiac GTO, the VE Commodore as Pontiac G8 and the VF Commodore as Chevrolet SS.

Just looked it up. Thought the 620 was a Sunny based pick up. Not an actual pick up. :cheers: Oh well.
Not a problem. I know it can be a bit confusing since pickups like this are referred to as Utes in Australia and New Zealand anyway.

A Suzuki Mighty Boy. I never heard of them before I moved to Australia. Saw plenty on the road ten years ago. I'll see the odd one today.

Thanks. I really like it :) looks pretty cool.

The front end looks so much like a Fiesta to me.

Back