v1.04 LIVE *READ OP* for Current Changelog

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by hognhominy, Jan 28, 2014.

1. SavageEvil

SavageEvil

That's because most race cars aren't so low that when aero forces act on it they are constantly contacting the ground. PD needs to increase the ride height on those cars a couple of mm for safety concerns.

JAHHAJ, frason, Rotorist and 4 others like this.
  2. wowbaggerBR

wowbaggerBR

Yes.

Cars used to go to track with loads of fuel (due to turbo and no refilling at pits). With more weight, the floor always bounce on some points of the track.

Some of those cars on the video were a bit different. The Williams had some very clever electronic suspension, which could maintain a constant height as the car goes along the track. But, in some points, the floor touched the ground in that flamboiance fashion.

Rotorist and raven214 like this.
  3. alphabetagaga

alphabetagaga

i've had 2 minor updates since 1.04. first was for the seasonals i think. anyone know what the second is for?

4. andymidnite

andymidnite

My brother said it was a hotfix for the 4WD cars to get them back to normal. i.e. not behaving like RWD cars.

gator of kana likes this.
  5. danielc

danielc

Also it was relative to the material the teams used to make the bottom, newer f1's have a wooden plank under and if they are worn more than a few milimiters the cars is desqualified.

raven214 likes this.
  6. SavageEvil

SavageEvil

The last bug fix opened my eyes to something, AWD cars that can go 0/100 rear bias are fearsome animals to drive, because they don't have such a tendency to under steer you can really dig in a bit more and the rear bias allows you to rotate the car with some power coaxing. I purposely didn't install the fix to enjoy some cars, the Tommi Makinen Lancer is so much of a different car, feels like an FR car with positive traction and the AYC set to default but all the values are unknown so I'm assuming it's set to max as it's nigh on impossible to do donuts but man oh man the drive is considerably different from having the AWD system on. PD needs to let us set AWD cars to 0/100. Trust me on this, this just opened up a can of worms and a wealth of depth to a seemingly normal AWD car. I want more tuning options. Some have said that 10/90 is fine and to get 0/100 it would be some sort of hassle but if the R34 ATTESA can do it, why can't we do it with a secondary purchased torque distributor? Come on PD, this is something that should be in the game by default because it actually exists and there are companies who supply torque systems that do this very thing.

Been a while since a bug actually got my brain clicking, I actually posted faster times in the R8 with 100 rear bias, then again I'm using a wheel, but an R8 without understeer is actually the hottest thing since sliced bread. I dare you to say it's not phenominal, the car is a bit unsettled because it's setup for AWD( suspension and such) the stock settings are bad but even on those this car is awesome.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    r2nyGT5, Tenacious D, lGNAl and 2 others like this.
  7. ChrisH

ChrisH

Probably why the R8 LMS (RWD) is so popular in WC...

8. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

It's in the "Notifications" section of the game...fixed an issue with 4wd cars.

alphabetagaga likes this.
  9. Zuel

Zuel (Banned)

The brake, aww never mind...

10. RS_172

RS_172

Totally agree that feature needs to be seen from the overall selction screen where all cars can be seen.

Actuall the whole buying process is painful they need more filters. I.e country, drive, aspiration, pp etc.

11. Nish

Nish

Not sure if anyone else has had the same problem as me as this thread moves at a good pace and don't want to read back pages.

I cannot do any GT single player races, every race I try to go into say's "The race cannot be started. The race information is invalid.". The grids are not being filled ex. GT3 series has only 5 cars in the grid, so it's not letting me do any races so I can't make any money whatsoever.

I'm going to try and delete the updates I guess (does this delete any of game progress, thumbnails, settings etc?). Not sure if this happened with the small updates or not but I did the Vettel X1 challenges after 1.04 and cannot do those either.

Deleted Game data and 20 minutes later my problem is fixed.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  12. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

I have chrome colored plastic lid on mine, my rwd likes a lot that, gearstick handles flush, different size of flushes can be selected from it. ;)

13. Racin510s

Racin510s

I agree with both on the brake situation. All of the cars I regularly use were screwed. I had to do the 0 ABS and start with F/R to 10 and run about 6 free runs with each car slamming on the brakes to see when the tires go red until I found the new balance for each car. My Z06 ended up with 3 on the front and 10 on the rear to achieve equal braking. I am very late on the brakes and couldn't figure out why my cars were suddenly under steering on the braking zones.

Some where in the first pages of this thread is a link. I don't get much play time so when I find the link I'll post it here. If anyone else knows where that link is please post the link otherwise I'll post it when I find it again.

14. Tier 2 Racing

Tier 2 Racing

I agree.

But the whole concept in GT6 is, well, it sucks. It exposes PD's weakness.

In GT5, the "standards" were hidden. There were only what, 40 visible at any time through the UCD. Wanted to find something special? Then you had to grind the UCD. I did it by running through the license test menus. Now that every car is visible and players have to see 3 Mitsubishi 3000GT's that are exactly the same....... Well, we've talked about this before......

Now the short comings are in the face of consumers. It's still relatively early in the release cycle, though, players are still entertained for the most part. But, remember what you were doing this time in 2011? I do.

15. mohammad

mohammad

did flat floor always added PP or is it new?? i never paid attention

16. GordonS

GordonS

Since the day one.

17. PsuPepperoni

PsuPepperoni Premium

I has a new patch today, separate from the seasonals patch. Did anyone notice a change?

18. steevee

steevee

Checking the notifications its say hotfix - the vehicle dynamics for some four wheel drive cars has been corrected.

19. ChrisH

ChrisH

...what

raven214 and BWX like this.
  20. alphabetagaga

alphabetagaga

ah ok thanks. didn't think to check there as previous hotfixes haven't appeared there

21. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

You mean this one? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...claren-mp4-12c-10.291084/page-45#post-9282013

Turbo Racer 48 likes this.
  22. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

There are two Hotfix notifications. At least they are now telling what these are for. :tup:

23. RS_172

RS_172

M4 has interior........ and previously you could tell a premium from standard by checking if the gallery view was selectable. The new tags are pointless unless they are moved to the previous menu where all cars avatars are visible. So u don't need to click on each individual car to find out. Sometimes u can tell a premium by looking closely at the interiors on the avatars but not always. So yhe new tags haven't made it any easier.

But I do agree adding more premium without interiors would be silly

raven214 and focusST300 like this.
  24. OiM8te

OiM8te

Has the camaro ss 00 always had the ss missing from the driver's side front quarter panel ?

25. Greg330im

Greg330im

want to add something that will never the fixed ?

the M3 E46 is a early modele ( before '03.. not an '04 as said ; ( look at the trunk lids for examples... )

the rims on the CSL are from the M3 E46 late modele after june 03 and the CSL rims are on the GTR. ( i dont give if the GTR needs to be different; the fact is the CSL rims are on the GTR and not the CSL. )

most of the cars have more power than they should OEM and BMWs cant be supercharged. do they know about ESS ? RMS ? G-Power ? ......

diegorborges likes this.
  26. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

I meant to post about this yesterday but I didn't have time. Have you tried Ridox's settings?

Blood*Specter likes this.
  27. Blood*Specter

Blood*Specter

Thank you very much my friend. I'll try your settings later today. Question, do you feel PD has created this car with bad virtual parameters?:irked:

The more I read, the more I think this is true. Just like brake balance and the chassis being reversed when making adjustments for under/over steer. I'm starting to think GT6 is a tangled web.:banghead:

You would think the basics of vehicle dynamics would be rock solid, and other things would be suspect.
    They seem to pay more attention the bells and whistles than foundation of the game...which is driving and of course the CARS.:confused:

raven214 likes this.
  28. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

That was the old tune from pre 1.03 :)

Here is the latest tune ( some changes have been made ) :

Good luck :cheers:

29. Blood*Specter

Blood*Specter

Thank you Ridox. I need all the help I can get....LOL:tup::lol:

30. VBR

VBR Premium

@hognhominy - Thanks for doing PD's job for them by making this changelog. :tup: Kaz, pay this man some money!