v1.04 LIVE *READ OP* for Current Changelog

• Thread starter hognhominy
  • 730 comments
Well, I stand corrected! Shows how much F1 I watch. :embarrassed: I was thinking of Nascar where you see all kinds of sparks in a night race that just don't show up during the day, but point taken. đź‘Ť

Still, even those clips aren't showing the sparks as a constant stream as with the RB Standard, but I will have to do further testing. By the way, is that just from chassis contact with the ground? It looks more like explosions... :confused:
That's because most race cars aren't so low that when aero forces act on it they are constantly contacting the ground. PD needs to increase the ride height on those cars a couple of mm for safety concerns.

By the way, is that just from chassis contact with the ground? It looks more like explosions... :confused:

Yes.

Cars used to go to track with loads of fuel (due to turbo and no refilling at pits). With more weight, the floor always bounce on some points of the track.

Some of those cars on the video were a bit different. The Williams had some very clever electronic suspension, which could maintain a constant height as the car goes along the track. But, in some points, the floor touched the ground in that flamboiance fashion.

Also it was relative to the material the teams used to make the bottom, newer f1's have a wooden plank under and if they are worn more than a few milimiters the cars is desqualified.

The last bug fix opened my eyes to something, AWD cars that can go 0/100 rear bias are fearsome animals to drive, because they don't have such a tendency to under steer you can really dig in a bit more and the rear bias allows you to rotate the car with some power coaxing. I purposely didn't install the fix to enjoy some cars, the Tommi Makinen Lancer is so much of a different car, feels like an FR car with positive traction and the AYC set to default but all the values are unknown so I'm assuming it's set to max as it's nigh on impossible to do donuts but man oh man the drive is considerably different from having the AWD system on. PD needs to let us set AWD cars to 0/100. Trust me on this, this just opened up a can of worms and a wealth of depth to a seemingly normal AWD car. I want more tuning options. Some have said that 10/90 is fine and to get 0/100 it would be some sort of hassle but if the R34 ATTESA can do it, why can't we do it with a secondary purchased torque distributor? Come on PD, this is something that should be in the game by default because it actually exists and there are companies who supply torque systems that do this very thing.

Been a while since a bug actually got my brain clicking, I actually posted faster times in the R8 with 100 rear bias, then again I'm using a wheel, but an R8 without understeer is actually the hottest thing since sliced bread. I dare you to say it's not phenominal, the car is a bit unsettled because it's setup for AWD( suspension and such) the stock settings are bad but even on those this car is awesome.

Last edited:
Been a while since a bug actually got my brain clicking, I actually posted faster times in the R8 with 100 rear bias, then again I'm using a wheel, but an R8 without understeer is actually the hottest thing since sliced bread. I dare you to say it's not phenominal, the car is a bit unsettled because it's setup for AWD( suspension and such) the stock settings are bad but even on those this car is awesome.

Probably why the R8 LMS (RWD) is so popular in WC...

It's kind of needless, just check the "view gallery" button.
Totally agree that feature needs to be seen from the overall selction screen where all cars can be seen.

Actuall the whole buying process is painful they need more filters. I.e country, drive, aspiration, pp etc.

Not sure if anyone else has had the same problem as me as this thread moves at a good pace and don't want to read back pages.

I cannot do any GT single player races, every race I try to go into say's "The race cannot be started. The race information is invalid.". The grids are not being filled ex. GT3 series has only 5 cars in the grid, so it's not letting me do any races so I can't make any money whatsoever.

I'm going to try and delete the updates I guess (does this delete any of game progress, thumbnails, settings etc?). Not sure if this happened with the small updates or not but I did the Vettel X1 challenges after 1.04 and cannot do those either.

Deleted Game data and 20 minutes later my problem is fixed.

Last edited:
Totally agree that feature needs to be seen from the overall selction screen where all cars can be seen.

Actuall the whole buying process is painful they need more filters. I.e country, drive, aspiration, pp etc.

I agree with both on the brake situation. All of the cars I regularly use were screwed. I had to do the 0 ABS and start with F/R to 10 and run about 6 free runs with each car slamming on the brakes to see when the tires go red until I found the new balance for each car. My Z06 ended up with 3 on the front and 10 on the rear to achieve equal braking. I am very late on the brakes and couldn't figure out why my cars were suddenly under steering on the braking zones.

Some where in the first pages of this thread is a link. I don't get much play time so when I find the link I'll post it here. If anyone else knows where that link is please post the link otherwise I'll post it when I find it again.

I agree.

But the whole concept in GT6 is, well, it sucks. It exposes PD's weakness.

In GT5, the "standards" were hidden. There were only what, 40 visible at any time through the UCD. Wanted to find something special? Then you had to grind the UCD. I did it by running through the license test menus. Now that every car is visible and players have to see 3 Mitsubishi 3000GT's that are exactly the same....... Well, we've talked about this before......

Now the short comings are in the face of consumers. It's still relatively early in the release cycle, though, players are still entertained for the most part. But, remember what you were doing this time in 2011? I do.

I agree with both on the brake situation. All of the cars I regularly use were screwed. I had to do the 0 ABS and start with F/R to 10 and run about 6 free runs with each car slamming on the brakes to see when the tires go red until I found the new balance for each car. My Z06 ended up with 3 on the front and 10 on the rear to achieve equal braking. I am very late on the brakes and couldn't figure out why my cars were suddenly under steering on the braking zones.

Some where in the first pages of this thread is a link. I don't get much play time so when I find the link I'll post it here. If anyone else knows where that link is please post the link otherwise I'll post it when I find it again.

You mean this one? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...claren-mp4-12c-10.291084/page-45#post-9282013

That has its problems though, so long as PD continues their piece-meal approach to giving us new cars like the M4 Coupe. I hope more interior-less Premiums aren't incoming just to say they're in the game. It's also a bit funny how much noise was made about the fact Standards and Premiums aren't separated anymore... and now they have an easily identifiable stamp :lol:

Four "new" cars - Vette's PP rating being identical to the base car, oddly enough - but I'll keep an eye out for the new track update bringing genuinely new cars with it.

M4 has interior........ and previously you could tell a premium from standard by checking if the gallery view was selectable. The new tags are pointless unless they are moved to the previous menu where all cars avatars are visible. So u don't need to click on each individual car to find out. Sometimes u can tell a premium by looking closely at the interiors on the avatars but not always. So yhe new tags haven't made it any easier.

But I do agree adding more premium without interiors would be silly

want to add something that will never the fixed ?

the M3 E46 is a early modele ( before '03.. not an '04 as said ; ( look at the trunk lids for examples... )

the rims on the CSL are from the M3 E46 late modele after june 03 and the CSL rims are on the GTR. ( i dont give if the GTR needs to be different; the fact is the CSL rims are on the GTR and not the CSL. )

most of the cars have more power than they should OEM and BMWs cant be supercharged. do they know about ESS ? RMS ? G-Power ? ......

One more "Ninja" update this morning upon log in. Said to have fixed issues with 4WD car dynamics.:irked:
Because I suspect other changes have been made but not publicized, I' check the Team Oreca Audi R8 again.
That was a hell of a lot of credits to pay for a car that simply wont stay on the track.:mad:
PD needs to get it right now.:grumpy:
I meant to post about this yesterday but I didn't have time. Have you tried Ridox's settings?

The car still has 528HP, no oil change. Racing Hard tires, capable of 1:25s at Brands Hatch GP and 2:08 at Bathurst.

Suspension F/R :

Ride height 70 70 ( go no lower than 65 65 on bumpy track ) I used 60 60 on Brands Hatch.
Spring : 11.24 15.97
Damper compression : 4 3
Damper Extension : 4 1
Ant Roll : 2 2
Camber : 2.4 0.0 ---important - rear at zero gives max possible grip on lower speed.
toe : 0.00 0.00 ( neutral as possible )

Camber hugely affect front and rear grip balance, due to the quirk in camber - zero camber = max grip. Higher camber front to compensate the too much grip at the front chassis.

Brake Balance : 1/10, yes, use this, 5/5 by default do not represent actual bias, the car bias parameter always has front bias, completely different than in GT5. Check by using 0/0 balance and brake without ABS, front will still lock first. R8 LMS has very front bias balance, 1/10 is used to make the rear more stable ( minimize too much weight shifted forward )

LSD :
Initial : 33
Accel : 30
Brake : 30

Use 2 way with high preload to minimize drastic changes during trail braking and exiting corners. Keep the initial high, lower accel and brake if deemed too extreme. I would recommend 24 accel and 24 brake. If the car power increased, lower to 18 accel and 18 brake.

Lastly : Aero

Aero is for medium and higher speed cornering, you can use max aero 400/900 for technical and non high speed tracks. It's a matter of finding balance, always try ot have at least 450 to 500 gap value.

So, if using 200 front, set 500 rear; 400 front ( max ) use 900 rear ( max ), if the car becomes less responsive at high speed, reduce rear by 50 :D

NO ballast used. Keep it at 1250kg :) With more power, I would recommend full aero, increase front camber to 3.0 and keep rear 0.0. Increase toe in at rear to 0.16 or 0.32 and zero toe at front.

Hope this helps to make R8 LMS enjoyable.

I meant to post about this yesterday but I didn't have time. Have you tried Ridox's settings?

Thank you very much my friend. I'll try your settings later today. Question, do you feel PD has created this car with bad virtual parameters?:irked:

The more I read, the more I think this is true. Just like brake balance and the chassis being reversed when making adjustments for under/over steer. I'm starting to think GT6 is a tangled web.:banghead:

You would think the basics of vehicle dynamics would be rock solid, and other things would be suspect.
They seem to pay more attention the bells and whistles than foundation of the game...which is driving and of course the CARS.:confused:

Thank you very much my friend. I'll try your settings later today. Question, do you feel PD has created this car with bad virtual parameters?:irked:

The more I read, the more I think this is true. Just like brake balance and the chassis being reversed when making adjustments for under/over steer. I'm starting to think GT6 is a tangled web.:banghead:

You would think the basics of vehicle dynamics would be rock solid, and other things would be suspect.
They seem to pay more attention the bells and whistles than foundation of the game...which is driving and of course the CARS.:confused:

That was the old tune from pre 1.03 :)

Here is the latest tune ( some changes have been made ) :

AUDI R8 LMS Ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12 RIDOX ver. 528HP 1250kg - NEW UPDATE Ver 1.03
Tuned on Racing Hard

CAR : Audi R8 LMS Ultra ( Audi Sports Team Phoenix ) '12
Tire : Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 528 HP at 8000 RPM
Torque: 397.8 ft-lb at 6500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1250 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 45 / 55 as stock
Performance Points: 599

GT AUTO
No oil change yet - feel free to do so.
Improve Body Rigidity ( optional - not installed in this build ) - there's no bad side effect of this, highly recommended.
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Stock

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit

AERO :
Downforce Front / Rear : 350 / 730 ( STOCK - please adjust according to track ) - try to maintain 250-500 gap value between front and rear or adjust to suit your style ( less gap will make the car looser in high speed + slight top speed increase less rear used )

LSD - 2 way high preload - improved
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 22
Braking Sensitivity: 46
Higher braking to reduce rear chatter when coasting and trail braking, reduced acceleration to reduce understeer and sudden changes in traction when under extreme load, initial torque optimized for balance between stability and response.

Suspension - improved
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 75 85
Spring Rate: 14.45 20.50 ( medium setup )
Dampers (Compression): 6 4
Dampers (Extension): 7 10
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 3
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.0 ( alters the balance of grip between front and rear - higher camber up front reduce the front sensitivity to steering to make it less twitchy ) I recommend between 0.2 to 1.2 - adjust to style and track.
Toe Angle: -0.10 0.10 - increase rear toe in if want more stability, I recommended no more than 0.24

For Spring Rate F/R- alternative soft setup : 11.24 / 15.97 or hard setup : 17.94 / 25.47 or super hard : 19.64 / 27.88 -TESTED

Transmission

Stock gearing, only alter final to suit track.

Brake Balance
9/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/2, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/4 brake balance as starting point.
[/B]
Notes :
This tune is made to help drivers tame the car, as the stock base setup is not very friendly and has too much front grip bias.

The camber quirk of zero value giving more instantaneous grip is used to alter the balance of the car when coasting and in mid corner to exit ( sustained grip during cornering seems to be fine and works as it should with camber changes ).
Brake balance set to rear bias helped the car under braking instability, the 2 way LSD also helped giving better traction both on and off throttle. All it takes some minor adjustment and the car becomes much better to drive, stable, and quick.

Tuned and tested at Brands Hatch GP, Bathurst, Silverstone Stowe, Apricot Hill, Nordschleife and Silverstone Full Track.

The R8 LMS Ultra Team Phoenix ver 1.03 able to lap Brands Hatch GP at 1:22s easily ( PB 1:22.2xx stock gearing, stock aero with the above tune ) and Mt Panorama Bathurst at consistent 2:05s ( PB 2:04s ) using stock aero + gearing - same tune above ( LSD and suspension ). All on Racing Hard, stock power no oil change.

The tune has also been tested with max power setup at over 900HP, works great, adjust gearing, aero and spring rate according to the track, enjoy :cheers:

A video of the car when tested during tuning session ( 2:07 at Mt Panorama ) ver. 1.02 tune :

UPDATE : Suspension has been revised, better stability and more responsive steering :)

NEW UPDATE ver 1.03 : Suspension and LSD has been overhauled, now it's several seconds faster around Brand Hatch GP and Bathurst on 599PP. Stability improved mid corner and exit, entry also improved a bit. Understeer has also been reduced.

Added Note for top speed run ride height and spring rate :

Good luck :cheers:

Back