v1.04 LIVE *READ OP* for Current Changelog

• Thread starter hognhominy
  • 730 comments
I am not 100% sure was it like that in patch prior to 1.04, but I have just realized that aero-parts in GT Auto store are adding-up on car when changing between groups after particular selection - and prior to actual installation of some parts (wings, side panels, rear spoiler, underflow, special parts).

If I recall correctly, before there was no add-up - you couldn't see how will car actually look with all aero-parts installed combined during process of choosing, but you had to purchase and install one-by-one to see the actual bodyshape.

If I am wrong, then forget :)
That might be a glitch, since it used to happen on and off with some parts staying and others coming off as you moved to a different section to change, if they let you do it like you are shopping then that would be great you select what you want first view it and then go to check out if you want everything or remove what you do not want at check out. What the hell is so hard in that PD?
Simple ideas that work much easier than their really robotic, first in first out method. I wish I was there at PD I would streamline a lot of things to get this game moving a lot faster. They need to add a compare and sort option to your garage, I can't change the order the cars are in and have it stay how I put it and I can't select a list of cars to compare their stats. PD sort function is cumbersome as it is, and there is no way to page skip down your list of cars, PD are you guys serious? Let's hope they get someone in there who can streamline the menus even more and put things in easy to reach places; it's better than GT5 but still has that trademark PD clunkyness and brain farts when it came to placement areas of similar divisions i.e. bodywork and engine and tuning parts should all be in the same place and not in separate areas requiring you to move from two screens to two more screens.
Anyway I will continue to delve into their world, slowly but surely they will catch up to smooth seamless menu system to match the seamless way physics can smoothly be rewarding with a G25 in your hands.

One thing I was very happy to see is that in replays, light sources like headlights don't do that eye gouging strobe they did previously. Even the sun... any light source would flicker like mad when the camera moved. One more weird flaw dealt with!

Now, if they would just take the replay camera off the ground half the time. Replays used to be such a joy to watch until they decided to play movie maker in GT5. :indiff: They really need to give us the option to have replay cam setups from previous Gran Turismos, because those previous games had wonderful replays. I could watch them endlessly. Or even let us change the camera setups ourselves.

Does anybody know why you can only zoom in the replay that automatically starts after every race and why you can't use photomode etc:D?

Rolling starts seem to have been disabled for tracks where one might assume they should be permitted. For instance, Daytona Road. I've checked this theory with several tracks:
- Suzuka GP

None of them allow for rolling starts or double file rolling starts.

That's particularly odd given that the the GT300 and GT500 races in International A use a double-file rolling start at this very track.

Is it just me, or did they improve the look of some of the standards? I remember some Audis being pretty ugly, but now I think I see some improvements - including the '37 Streamliner, doesn't seem so blocky anymore. On other cars especially the headlights seem to look better. Was that the 1.04 patch?

Some changes:

204l223.jpg

661GExG.jpg

No more black screen and waiting for the replay to load on screen when you fast forward. đź‘Ť
NICE..

Just did the small update and the graphics looks more rough now! Noticed it right away in the menu and it looks like that driving too, some sort of changed scaling och aa or something!

Its very obvious since I have been staring at these menus a lot. It doesnt look the same!

Not sure if this is new or not, but I just noticed that the additional interior views in replay mode are there. You can't see them scrolling with the select button; you have to use the drop menu.

This morning I wished to record replays of my Red Bull hotlaps and... It downloaded a 10-seconds loading screen-patch (the thing like from 1.04.1 to 1.04.2).
The changelog in the "Notice" pannel says they corrected the wrong physic for 4WD and AWD cars.

I noticed yesterday on my G27 that if you use the downshift paddle in 1st gear it now goes into reverse. I'm 75% sure this wouldn't happen before 1.04 because I would always have to press the triangle button. Can anyone confirm?

I noticed yesterday on my G27 that if you use the downshift paddle in 1st gear it now goes into reverse. I'm 75% sure this wouldn't happen before 1.04 because I would always have to press the triangle button. Can anyone confirm?

It has always been like that.

Are people still having problems with a black screen after a ninja update?

I find that if you button bash X, [ ], O, triangle and the d-pad, the game starts up without a PS reset / shutdown.

I didn't press X within 2 seconds last night (might have been 20 mins or more) and I had no issues.

One thing I was very happy to see is that in replays, light sources like headlights don't do that eye gouging strobe they did previously. Even the sun... any light source would flicker like mad when the camera moved. One more weird flaw dealt with!

Now, if they would just take the replay camera off the ground half the time. Replays used to be such a joy to watch until they decided to play movie maker in GT5. :indiff: They really need to give us the option to have replay cam setups from previous Gran Turismos, because those previous games had wonderful replays. I could watch them endlessly. Or even let us change the camera setups ourselves.

As in GT3 and GT4.đź‘Ť

One more "Ninja" update this morning upon log in. Said to have fixed issues with 4WD car dynamics.:irked:
Because I suspect other changes have been made but not publicized, I' check the Team Oreca Audi R8 again.
That was a hell of a lot of credits to pay for a car that simply wont stay on the track.:mad:
PD needs to get it right now.:grumpy:

I just tried the Red Bull (standard) championship and one thing was immediately evident: ground contact sparks are now hugely exaggerated. It was like a trail of fire behind each car, and following behind a group of cars makes me think I'm racing in space ships. Forgive the quality of the pics but I had to take them from the game in motion - pausing the game/replay hides how bad the effect is.

This does not reflect real life in any way. You can barely see these types of sparks in daylight. đź‘Ž

20140131_143508.jpg
20140131_143511.jpg

You mean like this?

Well, I stand corrected! Shows how much F1 I watch. :embarrassed: I was thinking of Nascar where you see all kinds of sparks in a night race that just don't show up during the day, but point taken. đź‘Ť

Still, even those clips aren't showing the sparks as a constant stream as with the RB Standard, but I will have to do further testing. By the way, is that just from chassis contact with the ground? It looks more like explosions... :confused:

Back