V2.0: What you wanted to know about keyboards & wheelsPS4 

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
WarriusZero
Here's some information I could gather when using a keyboard as well as a steering wheel (in my case a T300) and DS4 on the PS4, with version 2.0.

1. You can now use all 3 input options in the menus.
2. You cannot map anything to the DS4 if your steering wheel is plugged in (even the DS4's Option button won't cancel the input pop up).
2b. The DS4's Option button does not pause the game, but if the game is paused with the steering wheel, the DS4 will then work in the menu.
3. On the keyboard, the 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys from the numeric keypad are by default mapped to look down, left, up and right. You cannot undo it, but you can map extra things to these keys; both actions will happen (I don't recommend it though).
4. The keyboard's P key pauses the game by default, without showing the Option menu.
5. On the numeric keypad, the " . Del " key (between 0 and Enter) does not seem to work (i.e. no mapping possible).
6. The Num Lock key works like any other key.

I will edit my findings once I receive a small numeric only keypad I've ordered (delivery tomorrow Tuesday).

EDIT: mini keyboard received. It behaves exactly like the standard keyboard.

Last edited:
Here's some information I could gather when using a keyboard as well as a steering wheel (in my case a T300) and DS4 on the PS4, with version 2.0.

1. You can now use all 3 input options in the menus.
2. You cannot map anything to the DS4 if your steering wheel is plugged in (even the DS4's Option button won't cancel the input pop up).
2b. The DS4's Option button does not pause the game, but if the game is paused with the steering wheel, the DS4 will then work in the menu.
3. On the keyboard, the 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys from the numeric keypad are by default mapped to look down, left, up and right. You cannot undo it, but you can map extra things to these keys; both actions will happen (I don't recommend it though).
4. The keyboard's P key pauses the game by default, without showing the Option menu.
5. On the numeric keypad, the " . Del " key (between 0 and Enter) does not seem to work (i.e. no mapping possible).
6. The Num Lock key works fine, afaik.

I will edit my findings once I receive a small numeric only keypad I've ordered (delivery tomorrow Tuesday).
Thx bro. Looking forward to some improvements.

I would like to get a keyboard to use with my T300 wheel.

Has anyone had success getting a Bluetooth keyboard to work in conjunction with the wheel (or DS4)?

I normally use both usb ports for the wheel and headset. Has anyone tried using a USB keyboard with a usb hub yet? Does it work? Is there increased lag with either the keyboard or with sound/mic?

Has anyone had success getting a Bluetooth keyboard to work in conjunction with the wheel (or DS4)?

I normally use both usb ports for the wheel and headset. Has anyone tried using a USB keyboard with a usb hub yet? Does it work? Is there increased lag with either the keyboard or with sound/mic?

If you have a powered HUB, everything will work fine. If it doesn't have its own power source, it will depend on the HUB's quality and the PS4's output. I used a powered HUB with the PS3 for Play TV, PS Eye, etc and everything was working fine.

I use a non-powered 4-way-hub for my Wheel, Shifter, keyboard and (sometimes) to charge one of my controllers on the PS4 and never had a problem with it. Didn't notice any lag yet.

I use a BT keyboard without any issue along with my t300

Azidahaka , from which brand is your BT keyboard ?
Gonna have a look if I can find it in my country .
Greets
I got it from a bargain bin, it was included with a nintendo ds game about typing with pokemons :D Got it at 4.99+ the game it's nice, sleek, beautiful and bluetooth :D

gaming_pokemon_wireless_keyboard.jpg

Obviously i had no interest for the game :D but i doubt i can find a nicely sized, light and sleek BT keyboard for 4.99 anywhere :D

@JohnScoonsBeard which headset do you use? I've just bought Sony wireless 2.0/7.1 and since then there's no pit engineer audio. Was fine through amp and headphones previously. Do you still have engineer audio?

@JohnScoonsBeard which headset do you use? I've just bought Sony wireless 2.0/7.1 and since then there's no pit engineer audio. Was fine through amp and headphones previously. Do you still have engineer audio?

Try changing your audio output for the headset. It will either be chat or all audio (press and hold ps button. Swap it over.

I have a Turtle Beach p22 headset connected to a Turtle Beach Earforce surround sound thingamy. It uses the optical out and a usb.

Try changing your audio output for the headset. It will either be chat or all audio (press and hold ps button. Swap it over.

I have a Turtle Beach p22 headset connected to a Turtle Beach Earforce surround sound thingamy. It uses the optical out and a usb.
I think the optical out is the answer. My audio is only through USB. I think the optical gives the same audio as the hdmi would, so the same as through my amp. The USB dongle is the issue I bet, as in the game hasn't been programmed to work 100% with it.

But will try chat settings thanks. I'm set to all audio at the mo though.

EDIT: it wasn't the game, it was me being dumb. turned up the chat volume and the Stig is back!

Last edited:
I have the same headset and was experiencing the same issue. On the left earphone is a button labelled sound/chat. If you adjust the chat volume while on track, you will get the pit engineer come through the headset. Hope this helps.

I have the same headset and was experiencing the same issue. On the left earphone is a button labelled sound/chat. If you adjust the chat volume while on track, you will get the pit engineer come through the headset. Hope this helps.
Thanks, will definitely try this. Thought the chat/sound was at default but perhaps I adjusted it and didn't realise where I left it.

Some might need this....

00115418abb.jpg

I have one and it works like a charm, wheel, gearbox, headset, keyboard and you still have a USB 3.0 if you want use a external HDD.

Yeah, i want one of those, but can't find it in the US. Only some crappy looking ones. I wonder how much it would cost for me to buy it on Amazon UK and have it shipped over here...
What was the brand on that one again?

it's called Trust GXT 215 PS4 USB Hub. found it on Amazon UK for only £6.99 (it's about $25 to ship to the US, but i'm so cheap :lol:)

those you listed in the US store did not get good reviews and I am skeptical as to the quality of them, but who knows.

it's called Trust GXT 215 PS4 USB Hub. found it on Amazon UK for only £6.99 (it's about $25 to ship to the US, but i'm so cheap :lol:)

those you listed in the US store did not get good reviews and I am skeptical as to the quality of them, but who knows.

I think you would be better with a POWERED USB hub anyways , All wheel manufactors dont recommed a hub . A powered one will not take juice from the PS4

Back