V2.0: What you wanted to know about keyboards & wheelsPS4 

1% here then:
- T500RS
- TH8A
- backup memory stick
- dongle for wireless headset
- port for charging controller

I use a powered USB3 hub for all this. Works great.

T500, ok
th8a it's usb powered!?
backup memory (stick? i guess pendrive?) you plug it when you need it surely?
dongle for wireless headset a dongle on ps4? it has on board bluetooth ?_?
port for charging controller you charge when you need or when console is in sleep mode, right?

T500, ok
th8a it's usb powered!?
backup memory (stick? i guess pendrive?) you plug it when you need it surely?
dongle for wireless headset a dongle on ps4? it has on board bluetooth ?_?
port for charging controller you charge when you need or when console is in sleep mode, right?
TH8A is USB powered, unless you connect it via DIN to T300 (not possible with T500)
USB stick (pendrive) is always in.
Sony Pulse headset is wireless, not BT, so dongle always in, unless I need charging both headset and controller.
The free USB port is for charging the controller while playing.
I discovered that charging with console in sleep mode takes much longer.

Keyboard is BT, so no need for a USB port for this one, but maybe the last port for a USB button box.

Fitted other buttons and wired up.
All working, fitting labels tomorrow.

EDIT: need bigger labels....

IMG_0614 - Copy.JPGIMG_0595.JPG

Version 2.0 in progress

Last edited:
This may not be game related (of it may be). However if anyone can suggest anything that may help please do.

I am attempting to use a WiFi keyboard to map functions to within the game now this is supported.

So far I've bought 2 USB hubs - details below. I have had the same problem with both. Everything appears to work for a while then after a bit all devices mentioned below (even non USB DS4) disconnect and reconnect. Sometimes this happens when racing online obviously causing me to crash.

Setup:

Bluetooth?: DS4

PS4 USB port 1: T300RS wheel
PS4 USB Port 2: Have used 2 different hubs:
1: Aukey Superspeed 7-port USB 3.0 Hub CB-H18 (mains powered)
2: Anker 4-Port Ultra Slim USB 3.0 Data Hub (unpowered)

with following attached to the hub

USB hub port 1: Turtle Beach PX22 headset and mic using Turtle Beach Earforce DSS (surround sound using PS4 optical audio output)

USB hub port 2: WiFi keyboard dongle (Logitech K360)

No other USB ports used

My WiFi router (BT HUB 5) is fairly close to the PS4. This allows me to connect the PS4 direct rather than using WiFi.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Also how does this message posted as is get rejected by SMS official forum swear filter?

This may not be game related (of it may be). However if anyone can suggest anything that may help please do.

I am attempting to use a WiFi keyboard to map functions to within the game now this is supported.

So far I've bought 2 USB hubs - details below. I have had the same problem with both. Everything appears to work for a while then after a bit all devices mentioned below (even non USB DS4) disconnect and reconnect. Sometimes this happens when racing online obviously causing me to crash.

I may be able to help you out here.
I had the exact same issue with my Sony Pulse (wireless) headset. Wireless, as in using a dongle plugged in to a external powered USB hub. Used it for several months on my PS3 (was mounted next to it) without any problem.

When I changed to PS4, the issues started.
Tried a lot of things, but moving the USB hub AWAY from te PS4 solved it.
I mounted it directly to my rig, some 50 cm away from the PS4, which helped.
So I guess there was some sort of interference from the PS4.

Setup:

Bluetooth?: DS4

PS4 USB port 1: T300RS wheel
PS4 USB Port 2: Have used 2 different hubs:
1: Aukey Superspeed 7-port USB 3.0 Hub CB-H18 (mains powered)
2: Anker 4-Port Ultra Slim USB 3.0 Data Hub (unpowered)

with following attached to the hub

USB hub port 1: Turtle Beach PX22 headset and mic using Turtle Beach Earforce DSS (surround sound using PS4 optical audio output)

USB hub port 2: WiFi keyboard dongle (Logitech K360)

No other USB ports used

My WiFi router (BT HUB 5) is fairly close to the PS4. This allows me to connect the PS4 direct rather than using WiFi.

Also how does this message posted as is get rejected by SMS official forum swear filter?

I haven't bought myself a hub yet but is your DS4 set to disconnect after a period of inactivity? Perhaps disconnecting and reconnecting the DS4 could cause problems...

I haven't bought myself a hub yet but is your DS4 set to disconnect after a period of inactivity? Perhaps disconnecting and reconnecting the DS4 could cause problems...

I'll have a fiddle. It was set to 10 mins before and wasn't causing a problem before the hub(s) but I'll see if that makes a difference. My next thing to try might be buying a wired usb keyboard.

I may be able to help you out here.
I had the exact same issue with my Sony Pulse (wireless) headset. Wireless, as in using a dongle plugged in to a external powered USB hub. Used it for several months on my PS3 (was mounted next to it) without any problem.

When I changed to PS4, the issues started.
Tried a lot of things, but moving the USB hub AWAY from te PS4 solved it.
I mounted it directly to my rig, some 50 cm away from the PS4, which helped.
So I guess there was some sort of interference from the PS4.

Thank you. I've only got a short cable (10cm) on one of the hubs. What I've done so far is move the Broadband/WiFi router further away from the PS4. Now it's about 1 meter away whereas before it was only 20cm. So far I've only played with that change for 30 minutes which isn't long enough to properly test. It didn't disconnect in that time. I'll see how it goes when I have a longer session. If no luck I'll try using the hub with the longer cable (only about 2 feet). Appreciate the responses guys.

Thank you. I've only got a short cable (10cm) on one of the hubs. What I've done so far is move the Broadband/WiFi router further away from the PS4. Now it's about 1 meter away whereas before it was only 20cm. So far I've only played with that change for 30 minutes which isn't long enough to properly test. It didn't disconnect in that time. I'll see how it goes when I have a longer session. If no luck I'll try using the hub with the longer cable (only about 2 feet). Appreciate the responses guys.

So do you think this is only an issue if you are connecting wireless devices to the USB hub?

In my experience, yes...

Well I gave it a good 2 hours today without any dropped devices. In the end moving the router (wifi) does seem to have cured things. The WiFi keyboard was still connected and working.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys. Got there in the end (touchwood)

Edit: Unfortunately it's happened again. I'll try getting a cheap wired keyboard. Grrr. It's certainly not the game's fault. It's just disconnected everything using the controller and the keyboard too.

Last edited:
Can u you use a keyboard for chat aswell as using the button box ?

I haven't had my keyboard plugged in at the same time so I wouldn't know.
Also there is no chat option on the PS4 version of Project Cars.
I will try over the weekend to see if it works for messaging and naming pit strategies..

I haven't had my keyboard plugged in at the same time so I wouldn't know.
Also there is no chat option on the PS4 version of Project Cars.
I will try over the weekend to see if it works for messaging and naming pit strategies..

Thanks , I didn't know there's no chat in project car as I don't have it yet ,waiting till I get a wheel for the ps4

Back