Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a very good point and the solution lies in physics. A car travelling at speed through Adelaide's destructive turn 8, hitting a concrete barrier is going to keep travelling down the track until it comes to a halt. It will skid along skimming the wall as they do. If a tire barrier was installed instead, chances are the car will crash into the tire wall and exert all of its force into the tire barrier to which the tire barrier will spring back, which will repel the car back onto the track (Like a pool/snooker ball off the cushion) likely back onto the racing line. I know which I'd prefer. Good question though ukfan758

Weren't they discussing nascar's "safer barrier" at one point?

Mostert had done enough, because his car was clearly ahead, and he held the racing line into Turn 10. The onus was on Whincup to back off.

LOL but you said onus is on the attacking driver until the pass is complete? Which is it, cant have it both ways. Obviously you just dislike Whincup, so no matter what he does he is in the wrong. Just give it up

Im sorry but Mostert is the one passing Whincup and he was yet to "Pass" Whincup at the time of the hit, Whincup had everyright to be there.

The argument one can't just not exist very much applies to that incident and ask any racer to give up position at that point and they will laugh at you.

This coming from someone that hates Whincup, 888 and most of all Roland Dane.

With the Murphy/Ambrose incident that was 100% Murphys fault atleast in the last impact, unsure if the hit at the cutting did damage to murphy's car though that could of caused it.

What's funny about this is that before the season started, everyone was complaining about how the races would not be on free TV (is it actually free? Not sure how cable works down there) and now that the first race of the season has come and gone, there are a lot of positive comments about how the coverage was great, very few commercials, etc, etc.

In Australia we've always had all V8 Supercars events on normal, free TV, not cable/Foxtel. This year, due to the Foxtel TV deal we're not getting all rounds on regular TV (free). As for the coverage itself, on our television at least I'd say there was very little different to before, though maybe there were a few less ads thinking back on it. To be expected when revenue is being generated elsewhere though I suppose.

I don't think Mostert left enough racing room but Whincup kept his foot in it. Racing incident that ruined two drivers race on the spot.

It looks as though Whincup braked before he hit Mostert, so if he didn't do that the crash would've been avoided altogether.

I see it as a positive. All they need to do now is drop Lowndes for Tander and we will have a team that we can hate very efficiently.
Allthough I don't like SVG as a person his racing can be likeable especially when at Teckno but he will be more unlikeable then Whincup at that team, because atleast Whincup tries to come off as friendly, SVG and Dane will be Bum buddies.

I think Shane's said some stupid things, perhaps in the heat of the moment and there was that whole SBR/Erebus saga, but I don't really think he's an unlikable guy. I met him a few years back and he seemed quite nice and I work with his girlfriend's sister and she seems to think he's pretty great too. But with that said, I'm not really a fan of Triple 8 so I'm pretty disappointed by this move but it'll be great for him. Hopefully they still let him do his drifting and other hobbies.

They let Whincup do it and he crashed once doing it iirc :P.

Edit: Well the comentators actually egg'd him on when he crashed. So nevermind xD.

I feel Pye will be at T8(of course so don't know for sure) for a 4-car team. That's almost a slap, because he could have been with T8 right now. I'm sure Dane could have done a deal with Fiore's REC before V8s got it.

Any way, strong team right there. He knows the car, he has Whincups speed with Lowndes' flair. Dane just want to keep the Championship by any means necessary. Hate to say it, Top 3 trophies in the cabinet next year.

Volvo have to drop Wall. No matter where he finishes. Scottie needs someone of equal talent, to be a strong force.

Keep Lowndes to take points away from rivals, me thinks.
http://m.speedcafe.com/2015/03/06/gen2-rules-triggered-triple-eight-expansion/

What if Pye goes to Tekno?
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/triple-eight-expands-to-three-cars-for-2016

Last edited:
Although I didn't fully knew, I had a massive hunch this deal was in the Pipeline when he first moved to Tekno.

Same. But I always thought he'd be the guy to replace Lowndes when Craig's contract expired. Moving to three cars, did not see that one coming at all.
I feel Pye will be at T8(of course so don't know for sure) for a 4-car team.

Pye to Tekno? Seems like he would be the logical choice to replace SVG.

Last edited:
Not sure on Pye leaving just yet, Penske will likely be going 2 cars next year and I very much doubt he will want to leave that.

They let Whincup do it and he crashed once doing it iirc :P.

Edit: Well the comentators actually egg'd him on when he crashed. So nevermind xD.

I think he means competitive drifting. Shane competes in the ADGP and does pretty well, though that 'championship' is more of a farce than V8 Supercars can be.

I think it's good for Shane going to Triple Eight, it will be interesting to see if his results improve. Does make a bit of a cringe worthy line up though. Lowndes is still my favourite driver but it's hard to cheer for him while Roland is around.

Not sure on Pye leaving just yet, Penske will likely be going 2 cars next year and I very much doubt he will want to leave that.

And what chance of Scott Pye driving for Tekno next year?

“I honestly don’t know, that’s for them. But I think his best chance is probably where he is (DJR Team Penske), but again that is up to them.”

Ill say, Shane doesn't get it wrong much. I'm trying to remember last time I've seen Cheeseburger wreck a car. I mean lose it, crashes into anything. Not just a DNF from wheel to wheel contact. Was it Sandown where he crashed into a barrier with SBR? I'm trying to recall.

Last edited:
I don't like SVG...and though this 3 car expansion isn't a surprise from this team of all teams...I think a different driver would have been nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back