Valencia is not in GT4 Greatest Hits Is It?

• Thread starter SportWagon
  • 35 comments

SportWagon

Premium
Canada
Punkeydoodles Corners, Ontario, Canada. (aka GT2t
A rumour at wikipedia suggests that the Greatest Hits version of GT4 includes the Valencia track. Attempting to confirm that here, all I found in searches was people explaining how you could load the TT Valencia track into a copy of GT4.

Please squash or verify the rumour that Valencia is actually in some versions of GT4.

The "Greatest Hits" version I bought was merely an old package with a paper liner inserted inside the outside wrap, so...

No, GT4 does not include Valencia in any version, the rumor was problably started from that you could load TT tracks onto GT4, and vice-versa.

No, GT4 does not include Valencia in any version, the rumor was problably started from that you could load TT tracks onto GT4, and vice-versa.

Most likely this.

Getting Valencia on GT4 is not that big of a challenge, you will need a PS2 Hard Drive or Mod chip to do it though..

Most likely this.

Getting Valencia on GT4 is not that big of a challenge, you will need a PS2 Hard Drive or Mod chip to do it though..

Yup, thats how but it takes time.

A little while age I saw a video of the Valencia track that someone had managed to encorporate into GT4. It was 1 lap of a Mazda Asparadrink ( spelling not correct - sorry) and contained an inview and out of car camera. I did save it onto my hard drive. If there is a clamour to see it I will post it on Youtube or something similar.
PM me if interested.
nige

There was a guide somewhere on the Internet how to do it... can't find it now though.

Basically, you take the GT4 ISO and TT ISO and put them on your PC hard drive, remove the track data, textures.ext from TT and replace a track in GT4 with them, then write a new ISO file and either put it on your PS2 HDD or burn it to a DL-DVD+R.

There was a guide somewhere on the Internet how to do it... can't find it now though.

Basically, you take the GT4 ISO and TT ISO and put them on your PC hard drive, remove the track data, textures.ext from TT and replace a track in GT4 with them, then write a new ISO file and either put it on your PS2 HDD or burn it to a DL-DVD+R.

Good idea, doesn't sound too hard, I'll try that. 👍

Don't know how long it'll take though...

Anyone know more about this or have an modded iso? Please PM me, I want to try it out. Thanks.

I can't send you an ISO of either game since A) It would be considered piracy, and B) They are effing huge. LOL.

However, I can tell you how to use an existing GT4 and TT to get an ISO.

Get a program called DVD Decrypter, and use that to convert the actual CD into an ISO file. Then from there, you are on your own.

You can see a guide on converting games here: http://www.hdadvance.com/hd_xtreme_HDA_how-to-use.htm

I will try to find the guide that tells you what to edit and where to put it.

lmracer
valencia never had a four wheel motorsport conducted on it before anyway. it wouldnt make sense
You do realise that F1 teams test there right?

amedimg2030df4.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76982

I can't send you an ISO of either game since A) It would be considered piracy, and B) They are effing huge. LOL.

However, I can tell you how to use an existing GT4 and TT to get an ISO.

Get a program called DVD Decrypter, and use that to convert the actual CD into an ISO file. Then from there, you are on your own.

You can see a guide on converting games here: http://www.hdadvance.com/hd_xtreme_HDA_how-to-use.htm

I will try to find the guide that tells you what to edit and where to put it.

Well, I don't have an ps2 HDD or an ethernet adaptor, so I can't really do it myself. But thanks anyways. If anyone else can send me the iso, please PM me. Thanks.

Just read the part about extracting the ISO, and forget everything else.

An ISO is an image of the CD, meaning, you can burn it to a new disc and it will burn fine. But, you will still need a mod chip or swap magic to run the game.

Also off topic, everyone should have a hard drive in their PS2, it's simply the best, games load faster, CD's don't get worn, you PS2 CD tray doesn't die, you can play both NTSC and PAL games with ease.. all for a little more than the value of a game.

Well, as expected, no-one has come forward and claimed to have seen the track, giving more details. Proving non-existence of anything is difficult. Sigh.

It is not in the greatest hits version of GT4. As easy as that.

Both the greatest hits version and normal version of GT4 are the same. No new tracks, cars, or anything of that sort.

The platinum version of the game is said to feature 52 tracks, which is also the number of tracks in GT4 (not counting the drag strip and the gymkhana).

The video of the RX7 on Valencia was made by VV, and he posted a kind of (uncomplete) tutorial there.

And here is the embedeed video.
You just have to use the <YOUTUBE> tool in the advanced post editor and insert the video alphanumeric code of the video between the tags, without the
http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v in front of it

valencia never had a four wheel motorsport conducted on it before anyway. it wouldnt make sense

Not to mention the FIA GT raced there in 2000 and 2004, WTCC raced there in 2007, its been used in LMS and as someone else said F1 testing.

The platinum version of the game is said to feature 52 tracks, which is also the number of tracks in GT4 (not counting the drag strip and the gymkhana).

The video of the RX7 on Valencia was made by VV, and he posted a kind of (uncomplete) tutorial there.
So, basically, no advertising for the Platinum edition indicates an additional track, not even just with an larger number, and it is well-known that Valencia can be imported into [size=+1]GT4[/size] by non-standard techniques?

I.e. no reason to believe it was added, and (still) a reason to expect rumours that it is available.

I just found a post there where a guy says (in november 2006), that he owns the Platinum version and Valencia is NOT in the game.
Well, the post is written in italian, but the guy basically says : "Hi, I have the Platinum and it's absolutely not true".

I guess that was a rumor caused by the video posted on Youtube.

This is interesting, but I have a question.

Once you do the patch, can it be reverted? I mean, if Valencia replaces Fugi 2005GT, that track will disapear completely?

This is interesting, but I have a question.
Once you do the patch, can it be reverted? I mean, if Valencia replaces Fugi 2005GT, that track will disapear completely?

No it can't be reverted because replacing Fuji by Valencia means that you copy the GT4 DVD onto your PC, slice the huge .VOL file so as to extract the data for Fuji 2005GT and replace that part with the data for Valencia.
They you need to build a .VOL file again and burn it on a DVD.
So you're actually making a hacked copy of the game in which Fuji is replaced by Valencia. Your original GT4 disc remains untouched.

Not to beat a dead horse, but yeah, I own the Greatest Hits version, and no, no Valencia... but unless I'm crazy, there ARE some differences. I seem to remember from my old copy of GT4 that in 2player mode that you could option the splitscreen for either horizontal or vertical... am I just crazy, or did the year-long break I took from GT cloud my memory? I can't do this with my current "Greatest Hits" disc. Likewise, I always keep a separate game-save with which I do the AR Max maximum money cheat for tuning and testing whatever I want when I want. With my current disc, none of the AR Max codes work, which suggests that there are some software version differences between the two.

Thanks for the confirmation.
I remember a possibility to split the screen vertically/horizontally, but though it was in GT3.
I've always played GT4 with a horizontally split screen.

I'm glad I'm not crazy... I've never owned GT3, so my memory must be of GT4. I liked the vertical option - I felt a little more comfortable having the sense, whether true or not, that I could see further ahead, but then at the time I didn't know the longer tracks by heart.

Back