Valencia is not in GT4 Greatest Hits Is It?

• Thread starter SportWagon
  • 35 comments
No it can't be reverted because replacing Fuji by Valencia means that you copy the GT4 DVD onto your PC, slice the huge .VOL file so as to extract the data for Fuji 2005GT and replace that part with the data for Valencia.
They you need to build a .VOL file again and burn it on a DVD.
So you're actually making a hacked copy of the game in which Fuji is replaced by Valencia. Your original GT4 disc remains untouched.

So that's illegal? Changing a game and burning it? I was trying it, but I got too little space on my drive.

That's called reverse engineering : you're looking for information on how data are stored and you're using this information to modify the game.
It is forbidden by the license agreement to which you implicitly agree by playing the game (should be mentionned somewhere in the booklet).
You don't risk much if you do it for yourself only, but if you start to give/sell DVDs to friends or even simply publish enough information to help people do it, then you can get into deep trouble.

Not to mention the FIA GT raced there in 2000 and 2004, WTCC raced there in 2007, its been used in LMS and as someone else said F1 testing.

Yup, I'm running a race there tomorrow night in GTR2. 2K4 GP track.

Dang I wish I had the resources to do this...

'Twould be fun.

~Kyle

Try Craigslist for the Network Adaptor or a small hard drive. A modern parallel ATA (40-pin) hard drive will fit, but some need slight modification to the Network Adaptor since the connectors don't line up. You need something like HDAdvance to format the drive.

I swear I raced split screen on Special Stage Route 5 at a friend's house, but I could not on my Greatest Hits GT4.

Latest Posts

Back