Valentino Rossi - The Game (PS4/XB1/PC) - June 2016

• Thread starter er185
  • 76 comments
Milestone announces DLC

ChJTzIPW0AEh5kZ.png:large

I know I should never say something like this about a Milestone game but this looks like it might actually be quite good, there are a couple of new trailers up on the Youtube channel (including the Fiesta WRC in the Misano one). I like the look of the scenario challenges with the older bikes but I'm curious to how they will work, if we get just Rossi's bike it's an okay addition to the regular games, if we get the whole grid from those races it suddenly becomes a lot more interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MotoGPVideogame/videos

As I said before (a couple of posts ago) the selection of bikes/riders in the game looks huge (mumble mumble about FOM and their licences with Codemasters).

As I said before (a couple of posts ago) the selection of bikes/riders in the game looks huge (mumble mumble about FOM and their licences with Codemasters).

FOM, FIM, Dorna, all different organisations with different requirements and costs. MotoGP licensing isn't comparable in anyway to F1.

I'd imagine they could stick a turd in a box and the Rossi mentalists would purchase it. Don't get me wrong I think Rossi is ace, but they don't need to do much to sell a lot of games.....
Having said that they have crammed a lot in it it would seem. I'm semi hopeful it could be OK ish.

Hey guys anyone else looking forward to Valentino Rossi: The Game? Check out these awesome gameplay videos I just found. It looks awesome I cannot wait to play it!

It's currently got 81 out of 100 on meta critic albeit with only a handful of reviews. Positive start though. Game officially released today in Europe so available on PSN and most retailers apart from Game who are releasing it tomorrow for some reason.

I initially said I wouldn't be touching this game with a bargepole after the disaster
that is RIDE, but given my circumstances I decided to give it a go and...

I'm very glad I did. A very high quality product imo with so much to do in-game :cool:

If you have the means and inclination to give it a try, I'd recommend it 👍

How do the bikes feel?

They feel very good. I have had some time now to play with each class and really get a feel and they feel great! The nuances of each class can really be felt for the first time which just adds to the enjoyment and it definitely feels a lot harder than previous. Weight shifting and braking in particular have been worked on a lot I think as it feels very different to GP15.

As @RacerPaul says, there is so much to do, the career is superbly structured and the Rossi section is very comprehensive and a lot of fun.

RIDE by Milestone - Very bad
Valentino Rossi the Game by Milestone - Very good

Same studio. How did that happen? :confused:

Guys, what's up with the Honda, Ducati MotoGP bikes in onboard/helmet view??
Horrible sounds....bug right?

Check at 0:35, just listen......man wtf.

In the game the sounds sound absolutely fine. Yes they could be better but we say that about every game ever. Your video is not an accurate representation of the in game sounds. Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it broken or buggy.

In the game the sounds sound absolutely fine. Yes they could be better but we say that about every game ever. Your video is not an accurate representation of the in game sounds. Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it broken or buggy.

Sorry, you don't have a clue what you're saying.
The sound is broken and sounds exactly as the vid shows. All vids sound like this.

Get real, off throttle the sound level is way to high. Shifting sounds broken too. Sampling is wrong.

Oh well, good to know Milestone just confirmed it's a bug and thus broken.

Again nothing to do what I like or not, broken is broken ;)

Back