VC and SA Superjumps--instructions, pics, & discussion

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 331 comments
Originally posted by Famine
I feel ripped off... :(

Got fired out of Phil's Place, went SO high that the "Loading..." screen briefly came up, everything below became too far to draw. Then I slowly fell back to Earth (or Vice City), with the surroundings gradually coming into focus, landed on the northernmost point of Leaf Links:

Rotation 21611 degrees. Distance 0.14m, Height 0.0m

[color]

What are you like the "Rainman" of superjumps???

What you got is called a teleport superjump--you were teleported high above vice city. Since you never rose, you didn't get the height stats--that has happened to me once. I did get a good high bounce but blew up before I landed so didn't get any height stats...that was how I got my 40,000 degree rotation (on the first landing).

I do not condone using cheats but I'm thinking about making an exception for superjumps (if you get a real good one)-- as long as you admit it...

if you catch fire R1, R2, L1, O, L, D, R, U, L, D, R, U will heal your bike-- I have not used them yet and don't even know if I can enter it fast enough.

On a seperate note, I spent about 90 minutes yesterday trying the lighthouse superjump--I got 3 of them. The first one, I didn't get shot out of the lighthouse but got about 1200 rotation in the stair way. The second one was really good height but I was shot east (out to sea)--not that it mattered--I blew up.
The 3rd one was an actual successful one but I was shot at a low trajectory toward the marina (just barely made it over the water)--- stats were not that great.

I taped my efforts and took some clips of them so I will post screenshots of them showing how (like I did for PHil's) and post them on the first post-- it really is a pain getting in the proper position..but I'm getting a little better.

(Sleek and Famine are hooked---I feel like a drug dealer...:mischievous: )

Spuds

***EDIT***
Added Lighthouse Superjump pics and instructions to first post of this thread.

My first successful lighthouse superjump stats :)-- see instructions on first post if you want to see how its done--not too ez.

Spuds

attachment.php

Well with the PCJ i just fall off regualry when i flip it over but the angel i've gotten the furthest, got his head stuck in the wall heading south but then the rear tire creeps up the gate and i start sinking into the ground...

I"m getting closer i used the PCJ and sucessfully flipped over and got all the way untill the jiggly part but he just pops pack up but in a position where you cannot do the jiggly thing again nor get out.

EDIT: OK i did it again and now it jiggled and i went through greyhell, seems like i always have the wrong out come.:lol:

3 times a charm.:D

I've been having problems at Phil's Place, about 4 times in row the bike just didn't want to shoot out, it was restrained just before it was set to go flying, falling back to the ground.
Afterwards I just got bored and went to freak out people on PCJs. :D Cracks me up to see them smash into oncoming traffic.

Still looking for those stats of mine, can't remember which game save I was in when I first did it. :irked:

If you are having problems remember 2 key things.

1. after you flip, you have to get the front wheel back on the ground which is why you need to pull out of the corner a bit if it is--the front wheel is almost always up a little bit for me.

2. If you back up too long into the corner you will almost always end up with the back end of the bike in the wall and him pointed west--which will usually cause him to fall through grey hell or just get stuck in the wall.... remember to use a light touch when you back up.

After you get the hang of it and the "feel" for what you are doing it does get easier but still I wouldn't expect to get it every time...I'm happy with every 4th or 5th....Unless you are Famine and you get a 700+meter jump in you first day :mad:

Spuds

ps I'm not sure if you can do it on other bikes--I've tried with the Sanchez and I just can't get it. Don't know about other bikes--if anyone gets success...let me know.

I can do the Phill one now, but im having a really hard time getitng the lighthouse one right.

P.s, my first mega spin for Phills place was around 24-25,000 degrees which is cool.

I told you it wasn't easy--I tried it before and spent about 2-3 hours and got one that shot me in the water (this was last fall)-- and then another hour and half the other day and got one that actually gave me stats.

The only reason I keep trying is that I saw a clip of a jump that was awesome--went from the lighthouse with 2 low trajectory bounces up the beach and then went super high--landed in vice point---he did put in a cheat as he caught fire.

SPuds..

PS Hell No--be sure to post your stats in the recordbook thread.

Originally posted by Spuds725
I told you it wasn't easy--I tried it before and spent about 2-3 hours and got one that shot me in the water (this was last fall)-- and then another hour and half the other day and got one that actually gave me stats.

From what I remember, I tried the Lighthouse method before the Phil's Place method. But I had no success, I tried it for an hour or so but had no luck whatsoever, so I haven't tried it since then. There's another Superjump location in Vice Point, on a diving board by a hotel. But I haven't tried it at all. Phil's Place works for me so I'll stick with it when I wanna superjump.

KM.

Originally posted by WhiteCharisma85
My guy don't want to shoot out he pops upright all the time...

Did you try both ways I described-- what I mean is after he falls over on his side and and after a second or 2 you let off the gas-- after this you can.

A. do nothing

2. wait a few seconds and then gun it and hold it until he superjumps.

if you do nothing and he sort of pops up but with his head still stuck in the wall---gun it again til he falls back on his side and let off again...

Also, I don't know if the camera view affects either of the superjump methods either--but maybe try switching it between attempts.

As far as the diving board one...I read about that one but its supposed to not be as good. I'll try it eventually--if I get time--I bought GTA3 on Ebay last night.. I also bought Simpsons:Hit and Run (aka GTA:Springfield)

Is he falling all the way to the side-- the only thing I can suggest is to hold the gas down al little longer when he falls to the side-- that does happen to me sometimes---are you getting any wiggling at all???

Originally posted by Spuds725
Is he falling all the way to the side-- the only thing I can suggest is to hold the gas down al little longer when he falls to the side-- that does happen to me sometimes---are you getting any wiggling at all???

Yes, I am getting wiggle.

I don't know what to say-- if I get a chance I will make a superjump video and upload it somewhere so you can see how its supposed to look/act/wiggle.

Maybe you need 100%

You don't need 100% - but if you want to land you do. On my 27% game I've been fired skywards, but the bike sustains so much damage that it's on fire all the way up.

I tried to do some super jumps last night. It took me a while but I finally got one at phils place. It was pretty weak but still awsome. I'm going to practice them some more later on. BTW, how did you figure out how to do superjums???

I read about it on one of these message boards. I googled it and found the site I linked to in the post above yours. I checked out the videos of the lighthouse one and the GTA3 ones. I tried for a few hours to get the lighthouse one but only got one and it shot me in the water. About a week or so later KieranMurphy got one a Phils Place--I tried it there a day or so after he did and got one in about 5 minutes--until recently we were the only ones doing them. Until about a week or so, I never had a successful one at the lighthouse--and so far the pics I posted show the only one I ever got that I got stats for.

I haven't read on other boards about people doing them--but they were discovered about a month or so after the game came out (according to that linked site message threads that were posted)..don't ask me how they figured them out--I don't have a clue--

The GTA3 superjumps (check out the vids) look even cooler to me--maybe because the city looks more real.

I just practiced doing them some more. I got one really weak one at the lighthouse and it just threw me right in the water. I tried several more times but was without succsses. I keep falling threw the stairs or just getting stuck in the wall. But I had a few more at Phils. One of them was very good. It launched me clear over almost to the main road. Then one of them just shot me straight downward under the ground into the blue hell thing. I'm gonna go try it at the diving boards now.

EDIT: I just got a really good one a while ago. It was at phils place again and I was launched clear over to the military base. Arond 8000+ feet.

Originally posted by RancidMilk

EDIT: I just got a really good one a while ago. It was at phils place again and I was launched clear over to the military base. Arond 8000+ feet.

Thats only about 2500 feet (at least by Famines jump over there)--about 700 meters or so--- post some stats....

Spuds..

Really? only 2500 feet? When I did it I landed just past the hunter, near the main building. It registered as 8000 something. Oh and a few days ago I managed a jump from the lighthouse on a freeway; it shot me straight out the window into the water, but it was still pretty neat.

Originally posted by RancidMilk
Really? only 2500 feet? When I did it I landed just past the hunter, near the main building. It registered as 8000 something. Oh and a few days ago I managed a jump from the lighthouse on a freeway; it shot me straight out the window into the water, but it was still pretty neat.

Famine landed on the road out front--about the same distance--or a little bit farther....he posted a 742 meter jump.

8000 feet is over well over 2000 meters

attachment.php

I haven't managed to do a superjump yet. I'll read the instructions again and hope for some luck.

Back