Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Sponsorships, 500HP Cap, Pro-Am

• Earn Sponsorships, 500-550hp Cap, Pro-am then Pro Series

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my humble opinion from doing it fo reelz this year from Formula D standpoint. They are doing it now that you have to "earn your pro license" by doing proams and such.

Do something like giving the top 4 from last season their choice of the sponsors first

And then maybe you could have a quick and dirty Proam series leading up to the Pro Series, maybe 5 events. anyone who competed in season 1 not in the top 4 last year or new can run in it.
Keep the car budget to under 50k premium, or 40k used for car purchase, unlimited tune with no more than 500hp or something and comfort hards. I know the prices for tuning a drift car on GT are not realistic, i have about 12K total in my 93' s13 hatch i ran this season in the proam and is 412whp and fullblown spec'd out FD rulebook done with small sponsors. Maybe have each person do a scheme for their "own" sponsors, or some ****.

qualify however many you want and give them 10 pts per position (ex. if you qualify 12 people and run em off give 1st 100 pts and 10th 10pts) and maybe 10 pt bonus for top qualifier.

Then whatever is left of the sponsors can be chosen by the guys in order of proam rank.

Once sponsors are all filled, the people who want to compete in pro without sponsorship will be "privateers" and be held to tighter budgets or hp.

Thank you for the inspiration ...

I just Had this Idea while reading your post, Steve lets do a battle for sponsors before the new season begins, it will be like this :

Choose a specific popular drift car with limited hp where all participants will use in this battle to battle each other for the best sponsors the 1st gets the best 2nd the 2nd best and so on ... in that way it will be a little more realistic with logic in the way sponsors are distributed because in real life you do not choose your sponsors but they choose you. So it will be like a scout event ... It will be lame and pointless to choose your sponsor on regisitration and will not actually simulate the feel of it ...

I'm agreeing with DGambino, I prefer hp limit to be honest in the 400-500 range because that little extra power to 550 is what makes all the difference and makes it all easier ... but if you guys insist on the sponsor thing let it that way please ^^

Why is everyone getting so panicky about the hp limit and budget.
Someone could even say you're all scared to use a lower powered car because you might not win.

I dunno about a few of you but Ive been sorta keeping up with this whole thread from beginning to end and I think you guys are thinking too much into it. Hp limt, sure go ahead, reasonable, (come on, I was going to start this the first time round with a 1000hp viper, whats stopping others from doing the same) but real world sponsers? I dunno I just think that you guys are trying to fill it with as much as possible in order to appeal to more people when the more stuff you go and add on, the less people will be interested due to all the hassles that may be required. I dunno it just doesnt seem like such a good idea from my standpoint... And there's my 2 cents worth...

Why is everyone getting so panicky about the hp limit and budget.
Someone could even say you're all scared to use a lower powered car because you might not win.
Yeah there should be an HP limit and, if I want to say what I really want to see, the same car for all xD
And Powell why are you affraid of the low hp ??????? cant drift slow cars ?

I dunno about a few of you but Ive been sorta keeping up with this whole thread from beginning to end and I think you guys are thinking too much into it. Hp limt, sure go ahead, reasonable, (come on, I was going to start this the first time round with a 1000hp viper, whats stopping others from doing the same) but real world sponsers? I dunno I just think that you guys are trying to fill it with as much as possible in order to appeal to more people when the more stuff you go and add on, the less people will be interested due to all the hassles that may be required. I dunno it just doesnt seem like such a good idea from my standpoint... And there's my 2 cents worth...

WORD! Well Said bro

The video i made last night took 9hrs to render! But when i uploaded it to youtube it messed up so im gonna have to reupload when i get out of school

I don't like HP limits but I can live with 550HP though. Where's the problem to set up a car properly?! :P
The sponsor thing just makes sense with the limited budgets, otherwise it's just a senseless add on.

I don't like HP limits but I can live with 550HP though. Where's the problem to set up a car properly?! :P
The sponsor thing just makes sense with the limited budgets, otherwise it's just a senseless add on.

Good but dont forget that its also senseless without a reasonable way to say who goes with what budget because I'm guessing it wont be reasonable nor fair ...

Hey Spank i kinda agree with Gambino... The budgets thing is whack and there is no way to tell who is being truthful. Next I like the HP cap but i don't like the custom tracks so much because they always have bad camera angles. Therefore the judging will be eh. Last two things... I think trying to bring real world into GT5 is bad... that will never happen because GT5 isn't a complete game... and Finally... i think you should start a new thread because this thread is getting crowded with 2300+ posts... im tired of going to the thread and seeing 110+ pages for an old competition... Just my two cents :D

Theres a button that looks like an arrow that takes you to the last page lol

I like the sponserships idea but the way that one gets this amount of money and this one gets that amount of money is kinda stupid just make it 200,000cr for everyone and sponserships will show as a creative idea

I like the sponserships idea but the way that one gets this amount of money and this one gets that amount of money is kinda stupid just make it 200,000cr for everyone and sponserships will show as a creative idea

Well I actually find this even better than a HP limit. 200.000cr or maybe a bit less will make it more interesting to see what people go for and it is definitely fair!

Nothings confusing about it drifterzz. All we are saying is its pointless... Spank wanted ideas and opinions and we are giving them to him... I like zed's idea and zed i know there's an arrow to the last page but this thread has become one big cluster 🤬

There's a difference. IRL your not going to pay $7500 for an lsd, $20,000 for a gearbox, $1200 for a set of tires, $4500 for a stronger propshaft, etc.

Hey Spank i kinda agree with Gambino... The budgets thing is whack and there is no way to tell who is being truthful. Next I like the HP cap but i don't like the custom tracks so much because they always have bad camera angles. Therefore the judging will be eh. Last two things... I think trying to bring real world into GT5 is bad... that will never happen because GT5 isn't a complete game... and Finally... i think you should start a new thread because this thread is getting crowded with 2300+ posts... im tired of going to the thread and seeing 110+ pages for an old competition... Just my two cents :D

Budgets have been taken down because we cannot inforce them, I can see it right now people cheating once the start losing. i cant have that. For me I would rather be in a lower hp car and try and win that way. Its the only way to make yourself a better drifter.

Heres my humble opinion from doing it fo reelz this year from Formula D standpoint. They are doing it now that you have to "earn your pro license" by doing proams and such.

Do something like giving the top 4 from last season their choice of the sponsors first

And then maybe you could have a quick and dirty Proam series leading up to the Pro Series, maybe 5 events. anyone who competed in season 1 not in the top 4 last year or new can run in it.
Keep the car budget to under 50k premium, or 40k used for car purchase, unlimited tune with no more than 500hp or something and comfort hards. I know the prices for tuning a drift car on GT are not realistic, i have about 12K total in my 93' s13 hatch i ran this season in the proam and is 412whp and fullblown spec'd out FD rulebook done with small sponsors. Maybe have each person do a scheme for their "own" sponsors, or some ****.

qualify however many you want and give them 10 pts per position (ex. if you qualify 12 people and run em off give 1st 100 pts and 10th 10pts) and maybe 10 pt bonus for top qualifier.

Then whatever is left of the sponsors can be chosen by the guys in order of proam rank.

Once sponsors are all filled, the people who want to compete in pro without sponsorship will be "privateers" and be held to tighter budgets or hp.

You have some pretty good ideas. I do want this to be an on going event rather then only lasting a few months then its over. I think people like what im doing here for the drifting community and enjoy being in VDC. Although I have been reading tons of opinions on people who just dont want to put out and imagination and they just want to drift. I thought we were suppose to keep drifting fun. I refuse to make this competition all serious. Having said that I WILL have sponsors (just dont know how that will work yet) But I am leaning toward it being more like XDC. It was suppose to in the first season but ended up being a total disaster and turned into a pro series rather than the pro am. I am looking more towards pro am.

There is nothing wrong with putting a sense of realism into a video game every once an awhile. Having said that, I dont wanna make it too serious. I do wanna put in real world sponsors but its not to bring people in. I'm hopeing people see the history so far behind it and read how everyone enjoyed it. This series is for people who wanted to drift in a competition against the best on GT5 but also wanna have fun while doing it. I will not lose the fun factor.

Putting a cap on is the only way to regulate people, its unfortunate but people out there will do whatever it takes to win rather then have the most fun by drifting a low hp car rather then a 800hp car. But I cant do limited budget cause i cant inforce it. So I have to take it out for your guy's own good. 👎

Good but dont forget that its also senseless without a reasonable way to say who goes with what budget because I'm guessing it wont be reasonable nor fair ...

Real life isnt fair. This is why many people in FD are going with high hp V8 swap. Cause it becoming unfair, the 4cyl or 6cyl are dying fast and its really sad.

I may open a new thread. But once again I cant enforce a budget.

Nothings confusing about it drifterzz. All we are saying is its pointless... Spank wanted ideas and opinions and we are giving them to him... I like zed's idea and zed i know there's an arrow to the last page but this thread has become one big cluster 🤬

I do want ideas. But I am also choosing the best idea that i feel is the most fun for everyone. I will set up a poll here soon and once that ends I will start a new thread.

Because its not fair for people to have higher budgets than others! It ruines the competitiveness!

Tell that to everyone in FD :lol:

This. ^^^

Edit: Added a Poll, please vote for the 4 top ideas. I will be opening new thread here soon. But It will remain locked until further notice. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I have made new thread, All VDCS2 discussion will be moved there. I also added the poll to it. This thread will be locked now. See you over there! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back