VDC Season 1 | Thread Closed!

Discussion in 'Drifting Teams & Meets' started by SPANK, Apr 28, 2011.

?

What Series You Wanna Run?

1. Sponsorships, 500HP Cap, Pro-Am

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sponsorships, 550HP Car, Pro-Am

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No Sponsorships, 500HP Cap, Pro-Am

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Earn Sponsorships, 500-550hp Cap, Pro-am then Pro Series

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_kingb_

the_kingb_

Thank you for the inspiration ...

I just Had this Idea while reading your post, Steve lets do a battle for sponsors before the new season begins, it will be like this :

Choose a specific popular drift car with limited hp where all participants will use in this battle to battle each other for the best sponsors the 1st gets the best 2nd the 2nd best and so on ... in that way it will be a little more realistic with logic in the way sponsors are distributed because in real life you do not choose your sponsors but they choose you. So it will be like a scout event ... It will be lame and pointless to choose your sponsor on regisitration and will not actually simulate the feel of it ...

I'm agreeing with DGambino, I prefer hp limit to be honest in the 400-500 range because that little extra power to 550 is what makes all the difference and makes it all easier ... but if you guys insist on the sponsor thing let it that way please ^^

2. ps3dan101

ps3dan101

Why don't you unlimited the budget but everyone has to have a sponsor car carrying the colours ?

3. Powellx235

Powellx235

The power is staying at 550 hp.

4. Jesus

Jesus

Why is everyone getting so panicky about the hp limit and budget.
    Someone could even say you're all scared to use a lower powered car because you might not win.

5. Nismo34

Nismo34

I dunno about a few of you but Ive been sorta keeping up with this whole thread from beginning to end and I think you guys are thinking too much into it. Hp limt, sure go ahead, reasonable, (come on, I was going to start this the first time round with a 1000hp viper, whats stopping others from doing the same) but real world sponsers? I dunno I just think that you guys are trying to fill it with as much as possible in order to appeal to more people when the more stuff you go and add on, the less people will be interested due to all the hassles that may be required. I dunno it just doesnt seem like such a good idea from my standpoint... And there's my 2 cents worth...

6. the_kingb_

the_kingb_

Yeah there should be an HP limit and, if I want to say what I really want to see, the same car for all xD
    And Powell why are you affraid of the low hp ??????? cant drift slow cars ?

WORD! Well Said bro

7. Angleeeee

Angleeeee

The video i made last night took 9hrs to render! But when i uploaded it to youtube it messed up so im gonna have to reupload when i get out of school

8. monsterGAUZ

monsterGAUZ

I don't like HP limits but I can live with 550HP though. Where's the problem to set up a car properly?! :p
    The sponsor thing just makes sense with the limited budgets, otherwise it's just a senseless add on.

9. the_kingb_

the_kingb_

Good but dont forget that its also senseless without a reasonable way to say who goes with what budget because I'm guessing it wont be reasonable nor fair ...

10. zedfonsie

zedfonsie

Theres a button that looks like an arrow that takes you to the last page lol

I like the sponserships idea but the way that one gets this amount of money and this one gets that amount of money is kinda stupid just make it 200,000cr for everyone and sponserships will show as a creative idea

11. zedfonsie

zedfonsie

12. monsterGAUZ

monsterGAUZ

Well I actually find this even better than a HP limit. 200.000cr or maybe a bit less will make it more interesting to see what people go for and it is definitely fair!

13. Jesus

Jesus

Whats so confusing about picking a sponsor and choosing a car to fit the budget.

14. xDriftzzinc

xDriftzzinc (Banned)

Nothings confusing about it drifterzz. All we are saying is its pointless... Spank wanted ideas and opinions and we are giving them to him... I like zed's idea and zed i know there's an arrow to the last page but this thread has become one big cluster :censored:

15. Powellx235

Powellx235

Because its not fair for people to have higher budgets than others! It ruines the competitiveness!

16. Jesus

Jesus

Tell that to everyone in FD :lol:

17. Powellx235

Powellx235

delete post.

18. Powellx235

Powellx235

There's a difference. IRL your not going to pay $7500 for an lsd, $20,000 for a gearbox, $1200 for a set of tires, $4500 for a stronger propshaft, etc.

19. SPANK

SPANK

Budgets have been taken down because we cannot inforce them, I can see it right now people cheating once the start losing. i cant have that. For me I would rather be in a lower hp car and try and win that way. Its the only way to make yourself a better drifter.

You have some pretty good ideas. I do want this to be an on going event rather then only lasting a few months then its over. I think people like what im doing here for the drifting community and enjoy being in VDC. Although I have been reading tons of opinions on people who just dont want to put out and imagination and they just want to drift. I thought we were suppose to keep drifting fun. I refuse to make this competition all serious. Having said that I WILL have sponsors (just dont know how that will work yet) But I am leaning toward it being more like XDC. It was suppose to in the first season but ended up being a total disaster and turned into a pro series rather than the pro am. I am looking more towards pro am.

There is nothing wrong with putting a sense of realism into a video game every once an awhile. Having said that, I dont wanna make it too serious. I do wanna put in real world sponsors but its not to bring people in. I'm hopeing people see the history so far behind it and read how everyone enjoyed it. This series is for people who wanted to drift in a competition against the best on GT5 but also wanna have fun while doing it. I will not lose the fun factor.

Putting a cap on is the only way to regulate people, its unfortunate but people out there will do whatever it takes to win rather then have the most fun by drifting a low hp car rather then a 800hp car. But I cant do limited budget cause i cant inforce it. So I have to take it out for your guy's own good. :tdown:

Real life isnt fair. This is why many people in FD are going with high hp V8 swap. Cause it becoming unfair, the 4cyl or 6cyl are dying fast and its really sad.

I may open a new thread. But once again I cant enforce a budget.

I do want ideas. But I am also choosing the best idea that i feel is the most fun for everyone. I will set up a poll here soon and once that ends I will start a new thread.

This. ^^^

Edit: Added a Poll, please vote for the 4 top ideas. I will be opening new thread here soon. But It will remain locked until further notice. Thanks guys!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  20. SPANK

SPANK

I have made new thread, All VDCS2 discussion will be moved there. I also added the poll to it. This thread will be locked now. See you over there! :tup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.