Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Sponsorships, 500HP Cap, Pro-Am

• Earn Sponsorships, 500-550hp Cap, Pro-am then Pro Series

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone wanna do vivid racing with me? lol but sponsors are closed for registration until further notice, so no one has anybody locked in yet :)

I don't think it should be, one person get a sponsor and no one else can use it. It should be limited to 2-3 per sponsor. You don't see just one car rockin' a Falken get up or a NOS one so why not share it. The budget thing is a little ridiculous, how would you regulate that? I like the sponsor idea and company colors idea, but it seems like it could be more of a headache if executed improperly.

I don't think it should be, one person get a sponsor and no one else can use it. It should be limited to 2-3 per sponsor. You don't see just one car rockin' a Falken get up or a NOS one so why not share it. The budget thing is a little ridiculous, how would you regulate that? I like the sponsor idea and company colors idea, but it seems like it could be more of a headache if executed improperly.

If you read, you will see it does say 2 cars per sponsor. It will be hard to regulate, Im just putting my trust into you guys, am i wrong to do that?

If you read, you will see it does say 2 cars per sponsor. It will be hard to regulate, Im just putting my trust into you guys, am i wrong to do that?

For a competition, it could be hard trust anyone. Budget regulations never work because you never know who's buying what.

If there is a HP cap I will take off the budget i think. But HP cap might go to 500 rather then 550

No, I don't wanna be a d1ck but I think 550 is a fair amount for all of us! Alot of my cars are from that upwards. Cars like E46 are under, but i think 550 is a good number...

Spank, who's going to judge if you are competing?
And I really want to do a made up sponsor so I can call it big hairy balls garage or something :lol:

for a competition, it could be hard trust anyone. Budget regulations never work because you never know who's buying what.

QFT! As much as we are comfortable drifting with each other and we think we have some sort of trust, we wont really know who has what modifications. This is kinda what's bothering me with the whole budget thing. At least putting limitations, like for example a hp cap, can regulate and keep competitors basically in check.

edit: im down for 500hp!

Spank, who's going to judge if you are competing?
And I really want to do a made up sponsor so I can call it big hairy balls garage or something :lol:

I will figure that out. And Im thinking that title might not work lol keep it pg

QFT! As much as we are comfortable drifting with each other and we think we have some sort of trust, we wont really know who has what modifications. This is kinda what's bothering me with the whole budget thing. At least putting limitations, like for example a hp cap, can regulate and keep competitors basically in check.

Exactly, im thinking either 500 or 550, just not sure yet!

I will see what I can do for a VDC youtube channel, as of right now everything is put on our website. I will get ahold of someone I know to make a logo to put at the beginning of the videos but need to figure out still about someone who can just sit in to record video and make edit them. I dont have a capture card and suck at editing videos.

sorry for double post but i could capture the VDC if you would like :sly:

Im still trying to see if I can see if someone can record a few rounds and edit them together and put something together to bring people in!

I dont want to seem lazy or come off as a dumb ass, but where is a a good place to read into this more... i am interested in joining up, and i dont want to be behind the gun when it gets started.

Just keep updated cause season 2 is going to be differnet then 1 so everything you will hear about the rules and stuff will most likely change. Everything when figured out will be posted in OP. But ask anyone about the fun in this, I had fun and i only judged!

The idea of "sponsorship" is kind of lame. Not trying to be mean - but perhaps this just needs to be fleshed out more to make me a believer.

I'm down for an HP limitation - or a themed competition where everyone has to use a certain car or something. Similar to what you were doing with your mini-competitions - those were a great idea!

Perhaps each round - you designate the section and designate the car that each person has to use for that round and any HP limitations - or something similar to that.

This is supposed to be about competition - not about cars or budgets. Sorry Spanks - not trying to throw salt on ya! 👍

The idea of "sponsorship" is kind of lame. Not trying to be mean - but perhaps this just needs to be fleshed out more to make me a believer.

I'm down for an HP limitation - or a themed competition where everyone has to use a certain car or something. Similar to what you were doing with your mini-competitions - those were a great idea!

Perhaps each round - you designate the section and designate the car that each person has to use for that round and any HP limitations - or something similar to that.

This is supposed to be about competition - not about cars or budgets. Sorry Spanks - not trying to throw salt on ya! 👍

Sponsorships bring a sense of reality into it for people who arent able to go out there and drift IRL. Or it gives them something to look forward to when they want to make professional drifting thier profession such as myself. I wont limit it to one make of car that will dramatically change the number who attend. I do want this to maybe be a on going series rather then a certain amount of rounds. But not sure yet on how in the world I would do that. And real life drifting such as Formula D and D1 is about sponsorships and budgets to. Not a single drifter has unlimited cash to spend with no worry like we do in GT5. just another thing of realistic imagination I wanted to bring to the table.

Sponsorships bring a sense of reality into it for people who arent able to go out there and drift IRL. Or it gives them something to look forward to when they want to make professional drifting thier profession such as myself. I wont limit it to one make of car that will dramatically change the number who attend. I do want this to maybe be a on going series rather then a certain amount of rounds. But not sure yet on how in the world I would do that. And real life drifting such as Formula D and D1 is about sponsorships and budgets to. Not a single drifter has unlimited cash to spend with no worry like we do in GT5. just another thing of realistic imagination I wanted to bring to the table.

Hey Spank i kinda agree with Gambino... The budgets thing is whack and there is no way to tell who is being truthful. Next I like the HP cap but i don't like the custom tracks so much because they always have bad camera angles. Therefore the judging will be eh. Last two things... I think trying to bring real world into GT5 is bad... that will never happen because GT5 isn't a complete game... and Finally... i think you should start a new thread because this thread is getting crowded with 2300+ posts... im tired of going to the thread and seeing 110+ pages for an old competition... Just my two cents :D

Heres my humble opinion from doing it fo reelz this year from Formula D standpoint. They are doing it now that you have to "earn your pro license" by doing proams and such.

Do something like giving the top 4 from last season their choice of the sponsors first

And then maybe you could have a quick and dirty Proam series leading up to the Pro Series, maybe 5 events. anyone who competed in season 1 not in the top 4 last year or new can run in it.
Keep the car budget to under 50k premium, or 40k used for car purchase, unlimited tune with no more than 500hp or something and comfort hards. I know the prices for tuning a drift car on GT are not realistic, i have about 12K total in my 93' s13 hatch i ran this season in the proam and is 412whp and fullblown spec'd out FD rulebook done with small sponsors. Maybe have each person do a scheme for their "own" sponsors, or some ****.

qualify however many you want and give them 10 pts per position (ex. if you qualify 12 people and run em off give 1st 100 pts and 10th 10pts) and maybe 10 pt bonus for top qualifier.

Then whatever is left of the sponsors can be chosen by the guys in order of proam rank.

Once sponsors are all filled, the people who want to compete in pro without sponsorship will be "privateers" and be held to tighter budgets or hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back