Vengence Tuning, Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 Superveloce!

• Thread starter MadMike'86
  • 40 comments
All right thanks I'll reduce those in small increments and test then repeat as need be . I will let you know how it turns out .

Ok test was 10 at Indy road course. Your exact settings fastest lap was 1:34:967. Made slight adjustments to camber to positive and did 10 more laps and fast lap was 1:33:796. Over a second gain great tune for a the SV now it is a blast to use. Thanks

Hi, I’ve taken the big bull for a ride around Fuji. Just a quick note before the review, it would be much appreciated by the other garages if you could avoid multiple threads (ie post all of your cars in the same thread). This helps to reduce the clutter in the GT5 Tuning Forum. It's not a forum rule or anything so you don't have to, but it would be a great help (sorry for the lecture). Anyway, on to the...

Vengence Tuning, Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 Superveloce Review
Review conducted using sixaxis controller on region 4 PS3, update 1.06. Vengence tune revision 2.

Parts Only (default settings)
Hang on tight, we’re in for a wild ride! Rear wheels seem to lock while braking so at first I thought the car was nicely free of entry understeer, but then I realised that it’s “fake” turn-in and you could get a similar effect by yanking on the handbrake (aka E-brake) before each corner.

Pitch and dive movements upset the grip balance a lot, especially causing understeer as the rear squats when you jump back on the throttle. However, in 2nd gear there is also power oversteer, so when you jump on the throttle it’s a lucky dip as to whether you will be greeted by bucketloads of power oversteer or bucketloads of power understeer. I suspect a very understeery chassis hiding behind locked rear brakes and power oversteer. Fuji F lap time 1:36.7.

Vengence Settings
Now lets see how Vengence have worked their magic! Lumpineness caused by weight transfer transients is still present, but moderately reduced. Exit traction seems improved (even with the slightly shorter gear ratios), so now power understeer is always present. While not ideal, this is a far better compromise than the unpredictability of the default settings.

Rear brake lock-up is still present, maybe slightly reduced. While still a bucking beast, it feels that these settings give the driver a bit for predictability in the handling. Fuji F lap time 1:35.4.

Apologies if this review seems negative, I totally understand that the car might have been a pig to tune and this is the best you can do. As they say, you can’t polish a turd! Maybe the big Murcie isn't meant to be anything but a handfull.

Last edited:
here's my lap on the Ring with DamoCell's tune settings, managed a 6:10.536, the car is definitely much more manageable, while before tuning it was basically undriveable, it still takes skill to drive as i'm sure everyone here already knows, i actually enjoy driving it now whereas before i would turn to the GT-R right away.

here's my lap on the Ring with DamoCell's tune settings, managed a 6:10.536, the car is definitely much more manageable, while before tuning it was basically undriveable, it still takes skill to drive as i'm sure everyone here already knows, i actually enjoy driving it now whereas before i would turn to the GT-R right away.

Erm, thanks?

I don't see how this relates to my tune if your using DamoCell's tune?

:confused:

because it came from this thread, i just bought another SV to tune with your settings, will report back on them

edit: just had a go with your tune, way too much understeer for my liking, found i had to take certain high speed turns much slower to compensate without going off track, either due to the suspension or the 40/60 torque output, probably a bit of both, it feels a little more 'stable' though, less bouncy, but i still feel like i could push DamoCell's tune a little harder and still keep her on the track...

Last edited:
Wow. Mike I think we had EXTREMELY similar driving styles, not sure how to describe mine so do not ask, but your tuning has greatly improved my drivn with the Super Veloce. I've just always loved the "More gas = more grip" driving style of the Lamborghinis, but they've always just been a little too wild for my taste. This has fixed it for sure.

Meaning to buy this car for a fair bit now, bought it before and did your tune/setup, altered it a little for suzuka and posted my fasted time round there.. 1.53.764 :D thanks, great car, great tune :P

mad mike that was a great tune good work on the revise it diffidently worked better with my driving style,
i did add jeremy_craig twist then put your little revise afterwards and it just worked.
i barely had to work to keep the car moving in the direction and was glued to the ground.
i can finally drive this car again, it use to just sit in my garage cause i hated to drive this monster.

anyways great work guys.

also, i did not add any engine up grade except the ecu
and i did put the exhaust and filters on but i need to keep the car under 600pp
no weight reduction except chassis reinforcement and i put all aero on but did not change the down force

Last edited:
Hi Mike! I just tried out your tune and Damo's tune. I must say I do lean more toward the Damo tune simply because I like a more oversteery, forgiving car. Your tune does not fit my driving style well because it is basically the exact opposite of how I like driving on this game. I would like to race you sometime if you wouldn't mind... If you would like to add me. alexk34

I got interested in this thread due to the 650 pp seasonal event on Madrid circuit. Normally I would use a Race car for this event (the Audi LMS, or NOMAD Dialbl), but today I started looked at other street car to try it with and I came upon this thread.

Sorry for not providing much info for your tune, but like I said, it does not fit my driving style well...

Let's race sometime!!

Back