Vengence Tuning: *NEW* Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI SPEC C Type RA Race Modified

• Thread starter MadMike'86
  • 246 comments
One of the best color combo I've ever seen. Love all of them, chrome Elise, purple Lambo, white blak green Evora, matte Evo 9...
very nice work :)
I'll try some setups in these days

I kindly ask you to post on my thread Initial Torque: What do you do? There are so many thoughts and ideas on what it does and I'm trying to get all these thoughts in one place, so we can compare them all to one another. I would like you to post as your a well respected tuner and probably have a well defined idea of what Initial Torque. You can find a link in my signature, it's the second one down.

How much softer would you say? 20% all around?
I do plan to have the 850hp version once I can buy a second one from the UCD.
I put about 30 laps on the Zonda, around Trial Mountain, just not sure I can give a fair review yet. It's a hard car to judge, when it's so torque-ey and always on the ragged edge. My best lap so far is only a 1:17.1, with 775hp on the Zonda. Not so hot :(
I'll have to take it to Grand Valley or somewhere smoother for a fair review.

Yeh for the Nardo with less power I would use softer springs (20% sounds about right) less toe out on the rear, maybe even toe-in depending on the stability, and could possibly get away with less rear camber and even lower LSD settings, esp ACCEL setting

With the Zonda I kind of feared posting that tune, I feel its VERY specific to my driving style with little compromise, I think people that dont drive the way I do are not going to like it, Its quite loose, but if you get it right it can devistatingly fast!
It was tuned on trial mountain actually lol
I think it maybe a bit of a Marmite tune :scared:

Hey mike, I was wondering if you could try tuning the Ruf Ctr2 for me. I fell in love with it as its a Porsche practically, but its 4wd and can't corner well at all.
Thanks.

Dont have a CTR2 atm, but when I get one I will look into it mate 👍

Yeh for the Nardo with less power I would use softer springs (20% sounds about right) less toe out on the rear, maybe even toe-in depending on the stability, and could possibly get away with less rear camber and even lower LSD settings, esp ACCEL setting

With the Zonda I kind of feared posting that tune, I feel its VERY specific to my driving style with little compromise, I think people that dont drive the way I do are not going to like it, Its quite loose, but if you get it right it can devistatingly fast!
It was tuned on trial mountain actually lol
I think it maybe a bit of a Marmite tune :scared:

hmmmmm okay. What kind of lap times do you run on trial, so I know if I'm in the ball park of your driving style?

I dare not touch this car until I'm done with the Tuner Challenge Championship, as the drastic change will surely set me back, lol.
Maybe tomorrow I can put some more time on it, and the nardo and let you know.

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept

283 BHP
588Kgs

Aerodynamics set to MAX (Rear wing fitted)

Transmission- 168 MPH

LSD- Initial- 20
Accel- 45
Brake- 30

Suspension:

Ride Height- Front -20 (Minus)
Rear -15 (Minus)

Spring Rate- Front 10.5
Rear 8.5

Dampers- Extension: Front 6, Rear 5
Compression: Front 3, Rear 3

ARB- F:4 R:4

Camber- Front 1.5, Rear 1.0

Toe- Front NEG 0.25, Rear NEG 0.10

Brakes- Front 7, Rear 4

This car was Tuned Online, all available mods are fitted, and car is running on Racing soft tyres.

just did a few laps of the nurburgring in this and i have to say i'm loving it!

very responsive, super quick turn in and rock stable. going to do a few laps online and see what its like but so far i managed to pull a few 6:40 laps on the nurburgring normal in this, very very happy for a car under 300hp fully tuned this thing is a beast.

even without all the engine mods this car is insanely quick for under 200hp (would beat almost anything i would say under 200hp around any track)

hmmmmm okay. What kind of lap times do you run on trial, so I know if I'm in the ball park of your driving style?

I dare not touch this car until I'm done with the Tuner Challenge Championship, as the drastic change will surely set me back, lol.
Maybe tomorrow I can put some more time on it, and the nardo and let you know.

cant think off the top off my head...:dunce:

The Zonda may need a revision soon, for me it works perfectly racing online, I rarely loose to a fellow Zonda R and i'm not a great driver.

But then tuning is about providing tunes that various people will like, so I may well produce a more neutral tune for it.

What slowed you down with the Zonda? was it too loose, tight, understeer, not enough turn-in, too much turn-in, ect?

I can send you one tomorrow if you'd like. I've got an extra. I already made some tunes to it, but it could be better. :)

Yeh feel free mate, only thing is I wont be able to send it back for a while (possibly up to 2 weeks!) as I'm a very busy trader on this forum also....

If thats ok shoot me a Friend Request on PSN

madmike1986

just did a few laps of the nurburgring in this and i have to say i'm loving it!

very responsive, super quick turn in and rock stable. going to do a few laps online and see what its like but so far i managed to pull a few 6:40 laps on the nurburgring normal in this, very very happy for a car under 300hp fully tuned this thing is a beast.

even without all the engine mods this car is insanely quick for under 200hp (would beat almost anything i would say under 200hp around any track)

Great to hear! Glad your liking it 👍

cant think off the top off my head...:dunce:

The Zonda may need a revision soon, for me it works perfectly racing online, I rarely loose to a fellow Zonda R and i'm not a great driver.

But then tuning is about providing tunes that various people will like, so I may well produce a more neutral tune for it.

What slowed you down with the Zonda? was it too loose, tight, understeer, not enough turn-in, too much turn-in, ect?

I've been brain washed by Suburu's... I can't remember a thing about the Zonda anymore. The main issue I spent time on, was adjusting the LSD to a point that I could safely touch the throttle. I'll put some laps on it tomorrow and let you know what I think about the suspension and handling.

Great to hear! Glad your liking it 👍

I still can't get used to online racing though, i tried your lotus online yesterday and in a tune that i can get 6:30-6:40 laps consistantly on nurburgring, online i struggle even to finish a lap lol.

same thing today in the suzuki.

did a few laps and a few races and its MUCH MUCH more twitchy, i just Cannot get a handle of the difference between offline and online 👎

guess i need to spend more time online and get used to that.

madmike1986, i've been using your Evora's tune in online racing and i'm loving it. :)👍

The Evora is very stable, but a little "oversteer-y" at corner exit in tight hairpins, like the GVS ones. I downgraded the flywheel to the sport one (following the budios' theories) and bump the rear toe to +0.20 and it was almost perfect.

If i send you a Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z '06, will you tune it?:nervous:

I've true out your lotus elise 111r tune, and I love it. It's easily re tuned for online too. :) excellent job.

I might be doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get the mitsubishi evo ix to corner well. It still tends to understeer a bit. I'll double check, but is that normal?

Hi, I am interested in doing a review of the Murcielago. Just checking, your tune for it doesn't have the Racing Modification, right?

Cheers,
Simon

madmike1986, i've been using your Evora's tune in online racing and i'm loving it. :)👍

The Evora is very stable, but a little "oversteer-y" at corner exit in tight hairpins, like the GVS ones. I downgraded the flywheel to the sport one (following the budios' theories) and bump the rear toe to +0.20 and it was almost perfect.

If i send you a Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z '06, will you tune it?:nervous:

Glad your liking the Evora mate, to be honest the oversteer was left intentionally as I like a little slip in my cars on tight corners, I find I can corner round really tight turns faster with a small drift than I can by coasting.

good info in regards to budio's theory..haven't tested it yet but will look into it as it sounds like he may be on to something

I've true out your lotus elise 111r tune, and I love it. It's easily re tuned for online too. :) excellent job.

I might be doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get the mitsubishi evo ix to corner well. It still tends to understeer a bit. I'll double check, but is that normal?

Hi, no the Evo should corner like its on rails...have you done the racing modification in GT auto? Race Soft tyres? ect...

There is a revision for the Evo coming soon, I have been racing in online alot and I am no longer 100% happy with it, bear with me and a revised tune will be released soon 👍

Hi, I am interested in doing a review of the Murcielago. Just checking, your tune for it doesn't have the Racing Modification, right?

Cheers,
Simon

Hi, No the Mucielago LP 670-4 SV cannot be race modified (GT Auto option)

If you mean have I tuned it via the tune shop, then yes, every mod available fitted and all weight reductions/ chassis options.

I look forward to your review

Hi, no the Evo should corner like its on rails...have you done the racing modification in GT auto? Race Soft tyres? ect...

There is a revision for the Evo coming soon, I have been racing in online alot and I am no longer 100% happy with it, bear with me and a revised tune will be released soon 👍

I'm pretty sure. I'll hop on and check.

Hi Mike, Ive applied your Lotus Elise 111R RM settings to a stock 111R, only mods added were transmission, clutch, LSD, suspension and a rear wing so I could add the same amount of downforce to the car, as in your RM tune. I wanted a competitive car for racing in the < 207 BHP class online. Testing with Sports Hard at Deep Forest:

First 5 laps proved that only minor changes were needed to obtain the same level of grip and handling I have with the RM. Biggest problem oversteer when powering the car from apex.

Ive tried to "fix" that without changing the suspension settings, concentrating on LSD accel values. I tried to go from your 45 to 50, which only made matters worse, but found a solution lowering the value to 40. Values lower than 40 seemed to enduce understeer.

The Sports Hard tyres needed 1-2 laps before warming up and achieving sufficent grip.
The laptimes then came in the low 1:25.xxx´s, only about 4/10 of a second slower than my online < 345BHP evo VIII GSR ´03!!

Pretty amazing little car!.

Hi Mike, Ive applied your Lotus Elise 111R RM settings to a stock 111R, only mods added were transmission, clutch, LSD, suspension and a rear wing so I could add the same amount of downforce to the car, as in your RM tune. I wanted a competitive car for racing in the < 207 BHP class online. Testing with Sports Hard at Deep Forest:

First 5 laps proved that only minor changes were needed to obtain the same level of grip and handling I have with the RM. Biggest problem oversteer when powering the car from apex.

Ive tried to "fix" that without changing the suspension settings, concentrating on LSD accel values. I tried to go from your 45 to 50, which only made matters worse, but found a solution lowering the value to 40. Values lower than 40 seemed to enduce understeer.

The Sports Hard tyres needed 1-2 laps before warming up and achieving sufficent grip.
The laptimes then came in the low 1:25.xxx´s, only about 4/10 of a second slower than my online < 345BHP evo VIII GSR ´03!!

Pretty amazing little car!.

Hi, thanks for the info! It helps alot getting feedback on tunes, esp when they are used in different ways 👍

Hey mike, gonna try out your new evo tune tomorrow. Also pretty much converting to online only, so ill modify your tunes for online racing. :)

I forgot to mention that the new EVO tune was done online 👍

So it should be good for you straight out the box lol

Havent tried the new EVO tune, but after I eat dinner and do a couple things I will slap your tune on and give it a go. Ive been trying to work the slight understeer out of mine, but Im gonna try your tune and see how it works. BTW I'll be using a ds3 so I can let u know how it reacts to the controller.

Last edited:
Havent tried the new EVO tune, but after I eat dinner and do a couple things I will slap your tune on and give it a go. Ive been trying to work the slight understeer out of mine, but Im gonna try your tune and see how it works. BTW I'll be using a ds3 so I can let u know how it reacts to the controller.

Hi, did you try it out? I tune using DS3 so it should suit you well 👍

Back