Scottish
Contributing Writer
Scotland
GTPlanet
Street-King-07
Quattro Saltire
Venom-F5-Front.jpg

F5_teaser_REAR_lights-1024x576.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/06/21/hennessey-will-finally-reveal-the-production-venom-f5-this-year/
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercars/exclusive-first-look-hennesseys-venom-f5

Following the Venom GT, Hennessey is poised to reveal its successor, the Chiron-baiting Venom F5, later this year. Named after the fastest classification of tornado wind speed - F5 - the new car looks to target a potential speed around 290mph. Power is likely to come from a heavily turbocharged V8 producing around or over 1400hp. Unlike the Venom GT, the F5 is set to have it's own uniquely designed body and chassis rather than borrow from a donor car.

Wait wait wait what? I am pretty sure we have already seen this thing right? I thought maybe they had completely redesigned it or something since they first showed us, but the existing images match the headlights of those teasers... Why are they trying to tease this again?

Wait wait wait what? I am pretty sure we have already seen this thing right? I thought maybe they had completely redesigned it or something since they first showed us, but the existing images match the headlights of those teasers... Why are they trying to tease this again?

I think it's because the first existing images are just computer renderings back when it was first talked about.

Well sit down @bremics while I tell you the story about a man with a dream of destroying other people's dreams, all to make money. John Hennessey during his early tuner days when his cars were being showcased in publicized car magazines, would take cars and chop them up (most well known being first and second gen Vipers). What he would do as claimed by customers and then later taken to court for, was build the cars asked for but take parts from say another customer's car and put them on a different one. Then that first car would sit for a while. They would even use customer cars supposedly to test parts and some never even got what they paid for. It was all very shady. This supposedly kept on through the 2000s, and some claims with shady GT-R turbo mods was also seen.

What made it even worse was John himself took to the Viper forums, got into online arguments with customers and other Viper owners telling people to avoid him. So most people that have been in the car community for decades and have heard of the guy, have a long time hate for him and mistrust that probably will never be resolved.

I know if I had the money to buy a car priced like the Venom, I'd burn it rather than buy anything with his name on it.

So yeah that's what @AnthonyD1993 is talking about and what you've hit at yourself. I was simply saying that he has actually supposedly cleaned up his act and actually has strived to build quality cars and parts.

Last edited:
Usually stuff like this, especially from American boutique supercar makers, turn into vaporware.

As stated above, this is made doubly worse by Hennessey's previous reputation with regards to Viper tuning. If I was a buyer, I'd be avoiding with a barge pole, even if he was supposedly straight now.

This, the Lamborghini Aventador S, and McLaren's new ultimate series car have them. Is it a must-have feature nowadays to go with a triple exhaust outlet setup?

Hell yeah pretending to directly vent your wastegate to the atmosphere is so environmentally fasionable!

In Lambo's case 12 is divisible by 3! Fractions! Hell yeah!

Video seems to show a brief glimpse of the F5 running.

So I guess the real questions here are:

1: Will it have everything that makes it a proper road-going car like the Chiron, or just meet the bare minimums required for a grab at the record books like the previous Venom, and
2: What aging, barely relevant rock musician will buy one this time and generate a bunch of free publicity for them by doing so?

This needs to be repeated everytime this thread is bumped. Hennessey is a ****ing fraud.

https://jalopnik.com/ex-employees-say-hennessey-is-a-bigger-mess-than-you-ev-1778134112

From 2016, but the words still ring true.

Well things don't change apparently, I always wondered if he was still having these bad business practices the last time I heard of issues was back in 2010 or 11 when the GTR was the big thing to make insane power with(still is). Back then the customer showed the bad work and lackluster parts and fabrication done by HPE. He then took it to a more local low volume tuner in California, to redo the work done as well as new parts and got significantly better results. He also struggled to get a refund I believe from HPE.

It's interesting to hear that the money from tuning cars seems to get funneled directly into the groups car "manufacture" side, and more detail goes into that. However, if low quality work is being done on the side that seems to constantly make money for the company, surely there is also some of that on the Hennessey cars as well. I don't have that kind of money to own one, but I surely wouldn't want to waste it on a company with a low reputation on one end when I could get something from a high standing manufacture. Why people buy Hennessey stuff is still head scratching to me especially after year and years of these stories coming and going and the man has yet to change.

TBH, with the bumping of this thread, I decided to read the comments on the Jalopnik article and they are stating a very valid opinion: every time people on the internet continue advertising Hennessey's ponzi scheme, whether it be Jalopnik themselves, Car & Driver, or hell, even the updates in this very thread, it's kind of continuing the scheme that the man is running. Giving value to his advertising.

So I decided to vent on Twitter about it, and strangely enough when I brought up Jalopnik, Patrick George of all people tweeted me the very same article I posted, and I kind of ranted to him about what I just said in the last paragraph. He said that since Jalopnik had a regime change last year, they haven't posted anything regarding Hennessey in a positive light since that article was posted.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, at what point does the smoke, that has now turned into a fire, start to roll over into a forest fire? Because that is seemingly the only way that people can seemingly get into their heads the scam that the man is running. It seems with every slick video that Hennessey produces, with all the comments pointing out the scams and disgruntled customers that have come out in nearly 25+ years of doing business, nothing is happening to get the man's scheme finished. And that really pisses me off.

TBH, with the bumping of this thread, I decided to read the comments on the Jalopnik article and they are stating a very valid opinion: every time people on the internet continue advertising Hennessey's ponzi scheme, whether it be Jalopnik themselves, Car & Driver, or hell, even the updates in this very thread, it's kind of continuing the scheme that the man is running. Giving value to his advertising.

So I decided to vent on Twitter about it, and strangely enough when I brought up Jalopnik, Patrick George of all people tweeted me the very same article I posted, and I kind of ranted to him about what I just said in the last paragraph. He said that since Jalopnik had a regime change last year, they haven't posted anything regarding Hennessey in a positive light since that article was posted.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, at what point does the smoke, that has now turned into a fire, start to roll over into a forest fire? Because that is seemingly the only way that people can seemingly get into their heads the scam that the man is running. It seems with every slick video that Hennessey produces, with all the comments pointing out the scams and disgruntled customers that have come out in nearly 25+ years of doing business, nothing is happening to get the man's scheme finished. And that really pisses me off.

No because if that was really the case, the mass amount of Vipers he destroyed and lawsuits started during the early 00s should have put him under. Or, never ever should have led rise to two cars manufactured by his firm, and revered by the internet and American car journalists who want to see good ol' Murican craftsmanship take down the "snotty" European types building land rockets in a clean roam. I too find it frustrating that a guy for two decades has been allowed to do bad work and display cars better than advertised in major publications, to keep getting invoices to do more bad work.

it's just...it's really infuriating that nobody has done the bare minimum of work to do a complete expose on his fraudulent business. Jalopnik was closest, and even then that was just the sort of 'aw shucks' thing that keeps Hennessey afloat for that much longer, willing to rip off people for thousands or even hundred of thousands of dollars.

So I guess the real questions here are:

1: Will it have everything that makes it a proper road-going car like the Chiron, or just meet the bare minimums required for a grab at the record books like the previous Venom, and
2: What aging, barely relevant rock musician will buy one this time and generate a bunch of free publicity for them by doing so?
Bare-minimum all day. The car is nothing but a marketing exercise like the last car for John to claim, "I can build a car that can beat a Veyron" & that's what gets clients in the door.

Bugatti couldn't care less about this guy, along with Koenigsegg going after their records. They sold out nearly half the production just before the first clients even got theirs; the waiting list for these folks is 3.5 years right now at max.

Bare-minimum all day. The car is nothing but a marketing exercise like the last car for John to claim, "I can build a car that can beat a Veyron" & that's what gets clients in the door.

Bugatti couldn't care less about this guy, along with Koenigsegg going after their records. They sold out nearly half the production just before the first clients even got theirs; the waiting list for these folks is 3.5 years right now at max.
Yeah, I knew it was a silly question to ask. I guess the proper question to ask would have been "will it actually be built into a functioning car at some point, or will it just remain as a bodyshell carted around to various events to bring in investor money like the Tuatara basically has been".

Yeah, I knew it was a silly question to ask. I guess the proper question to ask would have been "will it actually be built into a functioning car at some point, or will it just remain as a bodyshell carted around to various events to bring in investor money like the Tuatara basically has been".
I'm sure John will try to make it a bit more refined than just an Elise/Exige interior with a roll cage in the cabin, but I'm not betting on any creature comforts beyond an aftermarket nav/audio system with maybe some alcantara/carbon fiber finish. Basically, high quality materials, but no real thought-out design of the layout like you find in the Chiron or Regera.

Back