venting -demoted

• Thread starter oik01
  • 39 comments
So i was DR B SR S for a long time. I got into a few bad long races and I quit two of them. Little did I know the punishment for that was a steep drop to DR C, SR A. from then on.... every race i go into its been bumper cars. I start top 3 and people just ram you out of your line. You can not dare come close to people its amazing. Ive dropped gradually to SR C and I know its not my fault because I held SR S for a long time. Most of the incidents are people ramming me off, trying to go through a corner as two cars and the guy with the inside line just accelerating out as if I am not there and taking me off track, people ramming from behind going too fast into a corner....

In my opinion the quantity of clean Sport races and the overall quality of racers has both taken a very sharp decline since the influx of players that received the game for x-mas.

I think the current trends of more races being a ram and crashfest affair compared to the ratio from pre holiday rates has many that are usually the cleaner racers currently not participating in Sport races as much or for many not at all which even makes the situation more magnified as there are fewer clean racers in the lobbies to choose from.

The main thing PD had going for it from launch over other titles was to be known for having the best cleanest online experience but they are slowly losing that as a drawing card in my opinion.

I

When did the GT franchise have a reputation for clean racing? the only clean racing in GT5/6 was in user-created leagues that didn't stand for dirty driving. You could go into a lobby with CLEAN in the title and the host is trying to pin someone to a wall. There was never a time that PD had any kind of superiority in clean racing online. PD has no control over who drives clean and who doesn't.

So, any one else had this happen to them, so your racing online, you get overtaken come on it happens to all of us...

then as soon as they get past then move in front of you and break hard, and you hit them and get a penalty, I mean come on people what D* bags

cant they read the track? its happen a few times with different tracks in sport mode. this really get to me.

So, any one else had this happen to them, so your racing online, you get overtaken come on it happens to all of us...

then as soon as they get past then move in front of you and break hard, and you hit them and get a penalty, I mean come on people what D* bags

cant they read the track? its happen a few times with different tracks in sport mode. this really get to me.

That’s on you at that point.

I'm with you on that, I've been there. I'm still trying to build up my SR to where it was 2 weeks into the game.

I think a very big issue is the drop in ratings when you quit. Finding yourself in a room with known ragers leaves you to cope or quit. And does the game know if I've quit, or if the server booted me? I'm going to pay more attention to when I get booted. It's happened 3 times the last few days.

Unless they fixed it, a loss of server connection punishes you just as much as an intentional quit.

I looked at my graph of DR/SR recently, there's this massive drop off in the middle before it climbs back up to normal position - that was when I changd internet provider and the wifi they supplied was too weak, so I kept getting d/c'd.

Unless they fixed it, a loss of server connection punishes you just as much as an intentional quit.

I looked at my graph of DR/SR recently, there's this massive drop off in the middle before it climbs back up to normal position - that was when I changd internet provider and the wifi they supplied was too weak, so I kept getting d/c'd.

I hate the server disconnect......

I've definitely noticed it worsening lately. The Gr.1 race I did the other day was carnage and not just because the cars were faster, then the FIA Gr.3 was just as bad, people actively ramming you to get past. I've done maybe one or two Sport races since then and have started drifting back to other games which I've barely touched since GT came out (I'm level 41 so have been devoting plenty of time to it). Maybe I just need a break from it.

So i was DR B SR S for a long time. I got into a few bad long races and I quit two of them. Little did I know the punishment for that was a steep drop to DR C, SR A. from then on.... every race i go into its been bumper cars. I start top 3 and people just ram you out of your line. You can not dare come close to people its amazing. Ive dropped gradually to SR C and I know its not my fault because I held SR S for a long time. Most of the incidents are people ramming me off, trying to go through a corner as two cars and the guy with the inside line just accelerating out as if I am not there and taking me off track, people ramming from behind going too fast into a corner....

Same happened to me yesterday. Beers and online racing dont mix is my excuse.http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1502986

I have never seen this much respect in online racing so far. I am driving in B S and it is 10x better than the friends lobbies I have always hosted. I stopped hosting since sport mode was that good. So I think there could be a lot of good luck or bad luck involved.

I also think - this is my personal opinion not attacking anyone - that sometimes people have been climbing up the ladder by driving in the end and therefore not deserving their place on the upper SB levels. So maybe the game is changing things and people are faling back again.

Again I am not attacking the OP because I do not know how he drives.

1 tip: dont race sport in the weekend, its full of kids and noobs.

@Da_dietn totally agree. I was 18k DR points before Saturday before getting knocked right down to DR D SR E. Same happened a couple of weeks back and swore then that I had learnt the lesson not to race on weekends.

1 tip: dont race sport in the weekend, its full of kids and noobs.
wish I could but I'm away working during the week. That might make me a n00b!...

In B cat with 90-99/99 SR the racing is pretty fair, i say that after being turned around a bunch of times in the 2000gt daily races. Racing is tough but usually pretty clean. Only get a total tool 1/10 races if that.

I hope you find some n00bless weekends soon :-)

I feel the OP's pain, watching your DR tank without it being your fault is heart breaking.

wish I could but I'm away working during the week. That might make me a n00b!...

In B cat with 90-99/99 SR the racing is pretty fair, i say that after being turned around a bunch of times in the 2000gt daily races. Racing is tough but usually pretty clean. Only get a total tool 1/10 races if that.

I hope you find some n00bless weekends soon :-)

I feel the OP's pain, watching your DR tank without it being your fault is heart breaking.
Haha i know not all are noobs, but its just worse in weekends, best time for me is sunday night (late night) lol. If your free monday its the best :)

I was DR C / SR S going into the weekend. Got beat up and demoted to DR D SR A. I have since gotten my SR back to S.
As others have stated, not gonna worry about my DR.

Last edited:
I am still B/S after some bad races but i have noticed people have stopped to care or something. Almost every race there are people crashing, ramming, dive bombing - in goddamn SR S... One in five races is close to clean. I have come to a point where i dont enjoy the game anymore :/

cant they read the track? its happen a few times with different tracks in sport mode. this really get

they probably were late braking to get passed you ... if they do so successfully you must realize they will have to brake really hard in front of you to get back down to cornering speed ... it's ok you to anticipate and avoid contact
I have never seen this much respect in online racing so far. I am driving in B S and it is 10x better than the friends lobbies I have always hosted. I stopped hosting since sport mode was that good. So I think there could be a lot of good luck or bad luck involved.

I also think - this is my personal opinion not attacking anyone - that sometimes people have been climbing up the ladder by driving in the end and therefore not deserving their place on the upper SB levels. So maybe the game is changing things and people are faling back again.

Again I am not attacking the OP because I do not know how he drives.

My DR was B... going back to that now ... after quoting twice my Sr dropped. Got into a race and would get rammed out of the field ... I know that it's not me driving bad because I kept catching up to then and getting rammed again... I never had such contact before and I'm usually careful to give space to the cars near me, anticipate their lines ext .... it's just that the difference in driving between SR S vs a or b is tremendous .... almost as if your playing a different game

Did anyone else loose their S safety rating at Monza yesterday. Seems like GT6 had a bigger chicane. The cars would bunch up on the straight then you got rear ended into the chicane. Any idiot could use my back end as a brake. Worked in my favour once. Was worried about a 3 second penalty I had to run down when someone slammed me into the chicane. I ghosted and quickly respawned on track with my penalty gone. He rematerialized back in the chicane giving me a huge advantage. Hope that one is off daily races for a while.

I've not played Monza online again since the first day it was introduced and I dropped from B to D in one race.

Shocking track for online race and terrible track limits mean you are nearly guaranteed to get penalties or shunted.

I've not played Monza online again since the first day it was introduced and I dropped from B to D in one race.

Shocking track for online race and terrible track limits mean you are nearly guaranteed to get penalties or shunted.

Track limits is a problem.But this track works fine for online competitive races in other titles.

Back