venting -demoted

• Thread starter oik01
  • 39 comments
Did anyone else loose their S safety rating at Monza yesterday.

I lost a lot of SR at Monza despite never violating the track boundaries and never running into anyone. I ran two races and it seemed like each and every car I passed that had run off course or ghosted gave me a penalty. I've also had incidents where I slowed and moved over to let a much faster driver pass me, and been rewarded with a penalty.

How do you know he isn't being brake checked?
It’s still on you to find a way around it. The way the SR system works it won’t detect someone doing non-contact moves such as that.

I’m not saying someone brake checking you is okay, but unless you just want to take the penalties, it’s going to be up to you to find a way to get past and it’s easier done through a wide corner or capitalizing on their mistakes.

I was on a nice roll, hit mid B rating but since then I can't catch a break, my DR has taken a nose dive and I am close to being demoted to C. I have decided to not give a **** about DR.
And youre one of the reasons why I give a **** about my driver rating, I love being DR:A SR:S because most of my online experience is fun and clean and im glad I rarely have to go through what OP is saying

as an update im back to DR B SR S and having good clean races... driving only on weekends... I guess you just have to stick with it and eventually the system will pick you up if you drive the right way... just takes time... never quitting out of races again lol

I just wish I knew PD is at least aware of all this and is planning on doing something about it!

JUST TURN ON HEAVY GHOSTING!! For now anyway

as an update im back to DR B SR S and having good clean races... driving only on weekends... I guess you just have to stick with it and eventually the system will pick you up if you drive the right way... just takes time... never quitting out of races again lol
I really think that’s the biggest key here. Small sample sizes can make things seem more difficult. I think the longer people play the better the system will be and everyone will slot into the right places.

Was A/S

I hit the "no refuel" by accident. Quit out of frustration.

Became B/B

That's the game.
Luckily I didn’t drop From A/S after quitting the FIA event at Monza.

First turn, I thought I was going to make it through. Was shifting wieght to make the left hander of the chicane and I got hit so hard I spun 720 degrees. Dropped from 4th to 12th. Shook it off and got going again.

Lap 2 same turn. I have over 1.5 second gap behind me. You guessed it. Punted and spun. Quit.

The Sad part is this was a mostly A/S lobby.

Did anyone else loose their S safety rating at Monza yesterday. Seems like GT6 had a bigger chicane. The cars would bunch up on the straight then you got rear ended into the chicane. Any idiot could use my back end as a brake. Worked in my favour once. Was worried about a 3 second penalty I had to run down when someone slammed me into the chicane. I ghosted and quickly respawned on track with my penalty gone. He rematerialized back in the chicane giving me a huge advantage. Hope that one is off daily races for a while.

Running Suzuka yesterday, hit the 90 degree turn to the left (not sure of the turn number), anyway, got rammed from behind, shoves me into the guy in front of me, launches him into the sand - and I got an SR drop! That ticked me off! I never would have hit anyone if I had not been rammed. Complete nonsense! I don't mind the occasional bump and get sent off the track - but to have my SR rating go down! That's wrong.

Maybe they should have a few no-holds barred races in Sport Mode - seemed like the Ford F150 race at Alsace a few weeks back was a ram fest! Maybe people would get it out of their system.

Back