VERSUSOpen 

• Thread starter aboe
  • 117 comments
United Kingdom
Lon Lon Ranch
aboe_83
znn5s9.jpg

Hi everyone.

Not sure if this has been done before but I'd like to set up a string of single races between two drivers (either including myself or between yourself and a friend) which can then be recorded and posted up onto Youtube. I got myself an Hauppauge PVR II earlier in the year and haven't been putting it to good use until recently, where I've been recording a few of the races between myself and my PSN buddies in Vs. match-ups.

I'd like to continue with this idea and so I bring you - VERSUS: a simple idea which consists of a race of up to 20 minutes in length between two equally-skilled drivers who are competitive with each other. The outright pace of each driver is secondary - the primary aims here are to take part in fun, competitive races and to then create videos which involve closely fought battles which are entertaining to watch and then post them up on Youtube for the world to see.

Some basic rules (open to suggestions/growth/development):
  • Clean driving only
  • Races to be between 10 and 20 minutes in length, approximately
  • Exactly two drivers on track in any race
  • No driver aids except Driving Line and ABS (both optional)

Also, races will only be recorded and uploaded if they follow these criteria:
  • Close, clean, competitive racing (there's no point watching one driver pummel another - the entertainment factor will be lost)
  • No slowing for drivers who make mistakes* (it looks unprofessional on a replay - so get practising!)
*this is evident in a race already posted up on my Youtube channel, the aim is to avoid this happening again.

Anyway, if you have a buddy or a rival you're competitive with, or you'd like to race against me, then post up your idea of what you think will make an entertaining race to watch, including things like car choice/specs, track, lobby settings etc.

I'm thinking about using universal lobby settings for all races to streamline proceedings, but that may exclude some drivers who prefer to race using certain settings (like grip level, or tyre deg etc), so for now, each race can be unique in this respect.

Remember, though, this isn't about taking on a driver and thrashing them lap after lap in a display of impressive driving prowess - this is about entertaining, close, clean, competitive racing between two drivers of reasonably-equal skill levels so that videos which are great to watch can be uploaded to the 'Tube.

aboe_83 VERSUS AndroR35:

Last edited:
fight!

Hey ,im challenging you aboe to a versus race.

Car:Racing Kart Junior Gran Turismo

This should be fun ,cu on track.

I would like to challenge @FutureF1 to a race in the CORE specced SP9 cars for the Nurburgring 24 hours, 1 lap of the Nurburgring 24 Hour track! I'll take the SLS.

Hi guys.

Yeh the idea behind VERSUS is that either somebody takes me on and I record the replay file or two other people take each other on and I set up a 3-man room (maybe there can be room for more if others want to spectate) and then I save the replay file and use it to make a vid to go up on the 'Tube.

WARNING: I'm kinda new to all this video editing so it will be a pretty basic video that goes up, similar to the ones which are already up on my channel actually.

So, to get things moving, set up a date and a time (please do bear in mind I'm on the other side of the pond to you guys though) and we'll take it from there.
Hoping to see some really good on track action :)

Back