Video Game Fiends!

That's right, I'm calling you out. Put down the joypad and step into the bright, bright sun for a moment. Don't worry, it'll just take a moment ~

So how many of you here have a stupidly large game collection? I do - I've never bothered to count (never will), but I have piles upon piles of Playstation, SNES, TurboGrafx-16 and PC games (I include all my emulated games).

I have games that I've owned for years and never finished. I have games I've barely played. Yet I don't sell them, I keep on telling myself that I'll get to them soon. And in the face of this situation, I continue to buy more games.

For example: I love Final Fantasy, but I haven't actually finished one since 1997. That's right, FF7 is the last FF game I played to completion. I don't know if I'll ever see the endings of 5, 8, 9, and 10. This is only one example of many, I'm afraid. :nervous:

I used to have a policy of not buying new games until I'd finished the old ones. That fell by the wayside a long time ago. Now I'm drowning in a sea of media that's hardly been used. Instead of playing the games I haven't finished (or have hardly started) I just keep playing the same games. :reallyodd

So how about you? How deep are the depths of YOUR video game depravity? 😈

I have lots of games.

about 300 or so that i bought (not pc or gamboy, we have lots of those also)

spans nes, snes, gg, psx, ps2, dc, saturn, xbox and gamecube.

If you want to include emulated stuff, i have a stupid amount of roms.

prolly about 2000 roms, mostly in nes and atari 2600 form.

about 13 snes games
about 3 gcn games
about 30 pc games
about 10 ps2 games
about 3 n64 games (10 traded in)

Originally posted by risingson77
For example: I love Final Fantasy, but I haven't actually finished one since 1997. That's right, FF7 is the last FF game I played to completion. I don't know if I'll ever see the endings of 5, 8, 9, and 10. This is only one example of many, I'm afraid. :nervous:

Exactly what I do!
Apart from 2 years after I got FF8 I forced myself to complete it. Mind you im struggling to stick to playing FF6 anthology at the moment.

40 PSX games (some pirate, some import)
10 PS2 Games
30 Coleco Vision games
God Knows How many Commodore 64 Games
God Doesnt Know how many Amiga Games
5 GB games
10 Pc games

I wouldve had DC and Megadrive/Genisis Games but I sold em :mad:

Mind you I can pick up a DC for £40 and a Saturn for £30 so im thinking of doing that. Oh and a NES £20.

:lol:

All right...good. There are other people with tons od unfinished games too!

Actually, I know of at least one other person - he works at my local EB.

EB has changed hands in the uk, so now all the EB stores have turned to GAME stores.

Urge to play FF7 for the 50th time rising
Urge to play Xenogears and not complete it for the 30th time rising

:odd:

I think they changed hands here, too...they had a big blowout sale on toys a while back.

I guess they figured out that people go to a game store for GAMES, and a toy store for TOYS.

Fine line, maybe, but it's there...

:lol:

EB never did toys over here, there were other GAME franchise shops around they were two competing (yet both mediocre) games franchises, lets just say Game lost to EB but they were trying to appeal to stupid people who thought EB was where you went to give your TV a manicure.

Heh keeno_uk is worse than me
The staff in EB/Game actually know him on first name terms and they phone him up when the latest games come out.

Mind you the best game store in london has to be computer exchange at tottenham court road. The first floor has all the latest stuff and latest import stuff and at the basement level they have the retro department, they even had a pong machine with those funny paddles!

Nice...I know one or two of the people at EB myself. :lol:

It seems like you have better game shops than I do. Well, the game shops I don't mind; it's the arcades! There isn't an arcade anywhere near me that isn't shamed by my personal collection. Both quality and quantity are lacking. They have a mess of old mediocre games and a few new ones...by new I mean only a couple of years old. (Seriously....the local arcade just got DDR).

I've never been able to play F355 Challenge or many other cool games because all of the local arcades are poor. They do have a battle LAN...but if you have broadband (I do), what's the point?

Hey trust me I live in the suburbs and I have to travel all the way to tottenham court road (which is very close to the center of london) so its a treck to get there. So I dont visit that much, oh one stupid thing I did was I bought an NTSC version of MGS2 in November 2001, hoping to get my machine chipped, realised I couldnt and ended up selling the game back to the shop :mad: I then went and bough the Pal version at a discount and only played it around 5 times. Same with the arcades although I only used to go allot when I was younger. We dont have any arcades around where I live now so as per usuall all the decent arcades are in central london. If I go to the arcades I will only play F355 challenge nowadays that game is such a blast. Last time I went up there with my mates they had this game where you have a sword handle and you have to make swinging motions simmilar to sword stikes to kill the enimies, kinda like time crisis but with a sword.

really....cool! Dunno what the game is tho...

Ithink if I drove to Boston I could find some good arcades. But that's more than 100 miles away...

I think I'd rather rent 355 Challenge for the PS2. :P

I guess your advice doesnt apply to me. I dont own all the consoles nor I have a lot of games. Ps2 is my newest console, the last console I owned (my aunt gave it to me as a present) was the SuperNES, (I bought my ps2 with my own money, made me happy), I just have 5 games for it. I just look for badass and realistic games, GT3, TXR:0, TMB, and I want to get Ghost Recon and GTA:VC late on October.

Originally posted by risingson77
I think I'd rather rent 355 Challenge for the PS2. :P

But the arcade version is a blast! I love slamming those heavy paddle shifters and the force feedback is just amazing. Oh and dont forget that lovely 3 screen panoramic view and the huge ass speaker behind you with that V12 engine noise. If you play the arcade then try the console version the experience is muted in comparison, oh you could use the force feedback wheel but I bet its not half as nice as the arcade machine one.

Maine must suck then huh :)

heh the advantages of living in your countries capital conurbation I suppose :D but I still dont go up there often.

Oh yeah Keeno_UK likes to play the Fist of the northstar game!
Now thats a cool as arcade, you get some gloves and its like beatmania (or whatever theyre called) except you have to punch the targets in sequence to do the special moves, so its punchmania really :lol:

my games

Forgot about this.

Basically every console game i own, minus about 6 or so, that were not in the database.

Not including pc games and gameboy games though.

Ommitting my PC, Dreamcast, PS1, and SNES Here's my list of games (compiled a few days ago for another website.)
PS2:
Time Crisis 2
Vampire Nights
Jade Cocoon 2
Final Fantasy X
GT3
GTA3
Onimusha
Dark Cloud
Capcom Vs SNK 2
Devil May Cry
Twisted Metal Black
Metal Gear Solid
Extreme G3
Shadow Hearts
Dynasty Warriors 3
Dino Stalker
Tokyo Xtreme racer 0
SSX
World Rally championship
SW Episode 1 racer Revenge
Ridge Racer 5
Endgame
Spyhunter
Tekken 4
Burnout 2
Need for speed 4
Tekken Tag Tournament
Guilty gear X
SW Starfighter
Okage
Timesplitters
RE code veronica
Silpheed
VF4
Ico
Splashdown
Dynasty warriors 2
Tony Hawk PS 3
State of Emergency
The Bouncer
Medal of Honor
Kingdom Hearts
Lemans 24hrs
Wipeout Fusion
Baldur's gate Dark Alliance.

Gamecube:
Super Mario Sunshine
Starfox Adventures
Animal Crossing
Wave Race BS
SSBM
Rogue Leader
Pikmin
Super Monkeyball
Super Monkeyball 2
Smuggler's Run
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil

Xbox:
Halo
Hunter The reckoning
DOA3
Jet Set Radio Future
F12001
Gunvalkyrie
Rallisport
Project Gotham
Sega GT2002
MotoGP
SSX tricky
Wreckless.

Is guilty gear X as rock hard as it is on the DC on the PS2, probably the best lookng 2d fighter but also one of the hardest. Although im not that good, but I found every other DC fighting game miles easyer (last blade 2, capcom vs snk, sf3 third strike etc)
I noticed that the DC had allot of figting games.

y2tuscan you been chattin about my gaming life like I live it like a hardcore nuttah fine so everytime I go down to central london I play that fistor the northstar game all the time only recently I played soul calibre 2 and that was sweet anyway my gaming collection spanned big when I was working nowaday I think I got about 11 games on original and 5 games pirate for my ps2 oh yeah the blokes at eb/game gonna hold me a copy of onimusha 2 till next week friday :rolleyes: they respect me there

Latest Posts

Back