[VIDEO] Pedal & Wheel action on Cape Ring - 2:47.156 CLEAN

• Thread starter TRC_Hunk
  • 65 comments
Just go at it full blast. I go in full throttle then let off and barely tap the brake to keep the car settled. Then go for it. Stay up towards the top until you start going under the upper section, then make your way down to the bottom to get off the corner correctly. All done in 5th gear for me.

I feel like I'm hitting a plateau on this course now...I'm losing about a second of my time on the ring portion..does anyone have any tips for this section?
I may not be the best at this section either but this is what I do.

I start my turn in at the end of the rumble strips on the left at the start of the ring. I lightly touch the brakes and downshift to 4th while keeping my speed around 105-110 mph. I do what I can to stay on the white line until the first set of billboards on the right. Around that area, there is a hump that will likely make the car push to the outside. By that point, I go to 5th and I let the car go up the middle to start preparing for the exit.

Around the first support pillar on the right (note that I use bumper cam view), I ease off the throttle a little, downshift back to 4th, aim for the white line and nail the throttle again. When I have done it right, I'm at the edge of the limiter on 4th and it lets the car turn easier (for me, anyways).

Actually, my exit is somewhat like Hunk's but in my case, I'm going a bit faster and I'm a bit higher so that I can cut down to the apex better.

I may not be the best at this section either but this is what I do.

I start my turn in at the end of the rumble strips on the left at the start of the ring. I lightly touch the brakes and downshift to 4th while keeping my speed around 105-110 mph. I do what I can to stay on the white line until the first set of billboards on the right. Around that area, there is a hump that will likely make the car push to the outside. By that point, I go to 5th and I let the car go up the middle to start preparing for the exit.

Around the first support pillar on the right (note that I use bumper cam view), I ease off the throttle a little, downshift back to 4th, aim for the white line and nail the throttle again. When I have done it right, I'm at the edge of the limiter on 4th and it lets the car turn easier (for me, anyways).

Actually, my exit is somewhat like Hunk's but in my case, I'm going a bit faster and I'm a bit higher so that I can cut down to the apex better.

Thanks for the advice! It's definitely helped improve my time. Was only able to get a 2.47.166 tonight which is three tenths improvement. I know tomorrow I should be able to break into the 46's. Mainly just need to get more consistent with the last turn and the 2nd hairpin and I should greatly reduce my time.

Now, I'm just .010 off Hunk's video lol.

Thanks for the advice! It's definitely helped improve my time. Was only able to get a 2.47.166 tonight which is three tenths improvement. I know tomorrow I should be able to break into the 46's. Mainly just need to get more consistent with the last turn and the 2nd hairpin and I should greatly reduce my time.

Now, I'm just .010 off Hunk's video lol.
Glad I was able to help.

Wait a minute.

Now you're faster than me? Oh, I gotta hit the cockpit again. :lol:

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I have been using your ghost as a guide for Cape Ring and this morning at Rome and they really have helped me improve quickly. I will have to go back to cape in the next few days and use all the info on your clean lap and shave some more tenths off at least. Cape seems to be really significant to do well overall. I haven't yet gone back to tsukuba and with a 453 rank there I'm still 102 overall. :crazy:

Back