Video please?? Eifel Discussion.

• Thread starter zr1chris
  • 34 comments
zr1chris
zr1chris
Im stuck at work and im dying to see the new track layout (Eifel). Can someone put up a video of one of the top 10 times. If thats not possible then a pic of the track layout would be nice too. I would really love a video of a bumper cam though.

PLEASE?!?!? :bowdown:

Last edited:
Could it be any slower?? Sorry guys, still waiting to be processed.

SWEET!! Great!! Thanks. This track looks fun. The first 2/3 of the track is right, left, right, left; almost never turn twice in a row in the same direction. That should make it a bit easier to memorize.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video man! It'll make all my breaks at school today a little less productive haha. It'll be worth it though when I get back home tonight and I know the track already!

What a sweet track! Still a few gray areas like cape ring was but at least we know to just go for it. :crazy: It's kinda hard not to go off track if your pushing it not knowing the layout well but i'm sure some people will put down their best times without 4 wheels in the grass once they learn the track well.

Hey could someone upload a photo of the track layout as well? Even if its just the full map in the upper left hand corner from the replay or gameplay.
Thanks!

OK, I had to run home during my lunch break to try it out after watching the video and only managed a 2:57.932 I have allot of time to gain still but let me say this is one fun track.

Here is a quick and dirty mosaic.

Eifel2.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed in the first 2 vids posted that the weather appeared gray and hazy. Yet, I'm watching TRC_Hunk's replay on the ps3 right now eating lunch at home.... weather looks clear and blue.

Did the runs that were recorded and placed on youtube really have worse weather? Beyond the visibility aspect of hazy weather, does GT simulate higher humidity on tire traction / engine output? Just curious if anyone else sees this...

Looks like the mowing is back. DOCTOR_ILL's replay shows him using the grass in several spots to get a faster time....

Looks like the mowing is back. DOCTOR_ILL's replay shows him using the grass in several spots to get a faster time....

Funny, he was one of the indy boys as well. But I'm not too worried about cutting on eifel since it can't help but more than a tenth or 2.

Funny, he was one of the indy boys as well. But I'm not too worried about cutting on eifel since it can't help but more than a tenth or 2.

Yeah, really no reason in this round to look for every possible way to be in "first". Just got to be in the top 16. :)

I dont think anyone cares about mowing... as long as being clean is just as fast.

Honestly, there's only like 1 or 2 MINOR corners that you can "cut" and everything else is just going long. I'm actually okay with his driving because he's not bumping anyone out of the top 16. If he did not make those cuts, he would still be up there too just based on the rest of his lap.

For all I know my lap has some "offs" - when I'm just learning a new course I don't bother resetting if I go off, I just do a few laps in a row to try to find the rhythm.

I like the track but it may get quite annoying/time-consuming because of the fact they start you so slowly on the out lap. At the moment it doesnt seem like you lose too much time as much of it can be made up in turn 1, but once everyone starts to get close to their peak it may be a pain. Oh well, better than the Indy situation.

Thanks, blindsidefive0! I'll give this a shot after the kids are in bed. 👍
I'm glad I only spent an hour on Indy. :)

Thanks, blindsidefive0! I'll give this a shot after the kids are in bed. 👍
I'm glad I only spent an hour on Indy. :)

I'm a little disappointed in myself. My strategy was all wrong. I only got about 2-3 hours before the switch, but I spent more time at Indy.

My thinking was that I'll run a 1:50.5 at Indy, and leave it. I would do this first because I've at least run at the track before. After that I figured people would have "figured out" Toscana, and I could check out their lines... So that didn't work out.

New strategy - run Eifel tomorrow and Friday for as long as I can take, switching over to Toscana if I get in a rut or hit a wall.

Back