Video please?? Eifel Discussion.

• Thread starter zr1chris
  • 34 comments
wow...I was like 20 something in the NE at indy, and I really neglected the other track. I actually wish they would've DQ'ed the WRC champions...

Damn blind, that really sucks. You'll have no trouble being top 16 though so at least you know the work you put into it now will be for bragging rights only and not because you really need to :)

The ability to go into the grass, inside or outside of a turn, and gain time is more than minor. :grumpy:

You are right. What was minor was the advantage (just a few tenths IMO), but I suppose it's not minor for #17 who doesn't make it to round 3.

A lot of people complained for patches and for the sponsors to "fix" the game - whatever, that wasn't going to happen. However, what they could have done is just choose "real" instead of "low" for off-track grip. Problem solved. Go off track and spin out of control violently, or bleed off speed at an unrecoverable rate...people will find ways to keep the tires on the pavement.

This is a fellow COMSCC club member driving his e36 at a time trial event at Watkins Glen. Fast forward to about 5:50 - this is what should happen when you touch the grass. The outside of his left tire just clipped the grass, sending him spinning out of control...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5SXrDRCdpo

If grip reduction was set to real Indy would've been fine, even Cape Ring wouldve been much more difficult to jump into the pit exit and turn 11-12 mowing wouldn't have been possible. Maybe next round will have proper settings.

Back