View Daily Races Online

Brazil
Vitoria - ES
GTBRASIL
Hello guys, Rafael here.

It's been forever since I've posted here on the forum, but one thing I really miss is that GT Companion App. I have no clue exactly what it will give us, but one of the things that I like to know on a daily basis are what are the Daily Races for GT Sport. From what I know, there's no place online that you can find this info easily, so I decided to create a web page for this exact purpose. It's very simple, for now it only shows the 3 daily races and I still have to program the timer, which is static right now.

UPDATE 17/12/2017
Up and running with 5 different translations: http://gtsportraces.com

gt-sport.jpg

There are other features I would like to implement, but leave your opinions down bellow, thanks!

Last edited:
Wow! This is awesome! I can’t wait to see what you can get it to do with more time and work. Great job and many thanks!!!

Amazing stuff! If I had one suggestion (same gripe with in game race information) it’d be great to see what one make car is used, and whether there is tyre wear/fuel consumption on the front page.

This is fantastic. Are you manually entering the daily race info, or were you able to access a REST API for the game server?
For now I will manually enter the races, so unfortunately there will be some delay. I didn't find a place for scraping, but is there an open API to their servers?

Gotta save an image for all tracks now :D

That's awesome!

I would like some kind of feature where the daily races are giving me notifications and show up on my locked screen. So if I'm in livery mode for instance the app is keeping track of the entry time and when it's finally open there's a unique sound that notifies me of it. Maybe the sound of a race car going by or an engine revving.

For now I will manually enter the races, so unfortunately there will be some delay. I didn't find a place for scraping, but is there an open API to their servers?

Gotta save an image for all tracks now :D

Ah ok, I figured it was done manually but I was hopeful maybe you had found something lol. Maybe once the community part of the website is open there may be a way to get some info automatically.

Updating you guys on the project.

It's now calculating the intervals and the entry time. I have to find a way to convert to local timezones, a friend of mine is helping me out. I will check tonight if the times are synced properly, since we updated the service from work, gotta open GT Sport and check the times to see if they match, lol.

Thanks everyone for the support.

Thank your for this effort!

(I actually read only in this Forum - I made an account extra to write this)
Thanks dude! I hope it works as intended when it's done. If the community supports it, we are thinking on the possibility of subscription to notifications on Android devices or Google Chrome Browser. So you'll be able to check a race time, and get notified on your phone when that race entry opens.

Thanks fideles1986! Now your web page is dynamic (?) it should be easy for anyone with the Android dev kit to just make an app that basically loads and refreshes the web site in a full screen window?
Or am I mistaken?

Thanks fideles1986! Now your web page is dynamic (?) it should be easy for anyone with the Android dev kit to just make an app that basically loads and refreshes the web site in a full screen window?
Or am I mistaken?
Yea, sure, someone could do that. I thought of making an APP, but I want to see if the community will really use this before taking the time, but really, does it need an app? Just save it to your home screen that an icon will already appear.

Nice. :) But it would be really easier for you and lots of developers if there is a public REST API - I would also try creating a small project or something, but unfortunately I don't think that we will have access to such API.

Latest Posts

Back