Viewing replays outside of GT5?

Messages
17
Messages
Dragonschild81
I haven't really done to much looking around about this but I was wondering if it was possible to get the saved replays off of the PS3 or at least get them so that they can be watched without having to load up GT5?
 
Oh you can get them off alright, but what you end up with is basically a bunch of text files. The replays aren't video files, but rather instructions for the game to recreate the inputs of a certain race. Without a PS3 and GT5, there's no way to watch them unless you record it off-screen or with a capture card.
 
Yea, that's what I was afraid of. Dang it! Dang it all to Heck!! lol. Oh well, looks like I will have to get my second PS3 up and running so I can get them off there :)
 
Back