Vinyl Editors: Racing Livery Reference Thread

• Thread starter Rue
  • 75 comments
can someone please find me some good pictures of the 1990 Bathurst 1000 winning HRT VL Commodore. I want to put the car's paint job on a Monaro VXR. Thanks!

I'm gonna do this one..one of these days (time attack)

62h81mq.jpg

I made this one last week.

61vw8dg.jpg

Is there any way to save vinyls you made to put on other cars of a different model? Cause I made california license plate and i'd like to be able to just drop it onto another car without recreating it.

Yes, just highlight all the layers of your license plate then save them as a vinyl group. That group can then be put on any car you wish.

If anybody has some good shots of the Aston Martin DBR9 from Le Mans '06 I'd appreciate it. I need a good roof shot and a rear shot. #007 or #009 does not matter, as its just the secondary car color that is different.

toy_model_burago_ferrari_bb512_xl.jpg

If someone could make that or any other BBurago race car for that matter, I would be seriously tempted (I already am!) to buy an Xbox360 and Forza 2, just to race these cars again... and I would gladly have your babies*

* offer of babies is not valid on Planet Earth

can someone please do me a big favour. I'm trying to recreate the Autobacs Merc DTM car, but I'm having real, real trouble trying to do the Autobacs logo. Could someone be willing to take the car off my hands as a gift, do the logo and gift it back to me? I'd be willing to gift one of my cars in return for the favour.

thanks

I hope someone here can help, I'm very close to finishing Tommi Makinen's WRC Lancer from the 1999 season (Rally NZ car to be exact). I know alot of people have made them but I've spent quite a bit of time on it to make a good version, not the like some of the half baked jobs I've seen on the Auction House.

Problem is I'm 95% done but can't figure out a few of the small sponsors around the car number on the side. Does anyone know who the sponsors are or able to find a decent shot of the side? I've been searching around the but to no avail unfortunately :guilty:

The circled the sponsors on the picture below are the one's I can't work out.

Yeah that's a good suggestion but I have tried that and the textures are a bit too low-res to pick it out.

Thanks for the help though. Anyone else?

I dare ANYONE to attempt this:

Axia Skyline GT-R (R32)

NISSAN%20R32%20SKYLINE%20GTR%20AXIA%2022%20A.jpg
If I ever get caught up on all my other work I would love to do this car!! Just for the challenge and because its so colorful. 👍 I will add it to the list but its under about 15 other cars I need to make. lol

Back