Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,836 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
McLaughlin sticks the Blue Devil Moose. on pole for this arvo's race :D 👍

Fixed. :p And 👍

Happy to see Slade on the front row too. Though if yesterdays races are anything to go by, I think it's going to be between Winterbottom and van Gisbergen again. McLaughlin's car seems like it doesn't look after it's rear tyres very well. Hopefully the guys at GRM have made a few changes overnight to correct that for the longer race today.
 
Last edited:
How dare Channel Seven interrupt all those ads with a V8 Supercar qualifying session!

I'm not interested in who's on pole - I want to see how well they can make a half-added effort at artificially generating tension in My Kitchen Rules Channel Seven Try To Leech Off The Success Of MasterChef and cater to the emerging recording market of songs that are written specifically to be played in ads for "inspirational" television shows.
 
I can't call this race. 75 laps of who makes the least mistakes, wins the race.
 
So unlucky for Slade. This race really is too hard to call. I'm hoping Frosty comes out on top and that Lowndes can find some speed somewhere in that car.
 
Courtney giving the "peace" sign to Coulthard as he passes him lol
 
These ads are killing it. We miss 3-4 laps of action. Next we'll hear, "OHHHHH! WHILE YOU WERE AWAY, BIIIIIG DEVELOPMENTS HAVE HAPPENED!"
 
It's Channel Seven. What were you expecting?
 
The real racing is from Percat on back.
It's Channel Seven. What were you expecting?

I forgot. I'd much rather watch the ad on V8s than the race itself. Thank you 7mate for keeping me in the know.
 
My gosh these Ch7 ad breaks are every 4 mins now! 👎
 
It's supposed to be three minutes' worth of ads for every half hour of broadcast time, but that's mostly for prime time broadcasting, and scripted television shows enforce it, because they are written to fill a timed block. But because early Sunday afternoon is outside the prime time period, and because the race is broadcast live, Seven are free to allocate their ad space as they like.
 
Uninterrupted coverage on Sky Sports this side of the ditch :cool:

C'mon Scotty, Frosty's pulling out an advantage :(
 
Crompton just said we're in the last ad break. I guess Seven are putting more ads in the middle of the race to meet their advertising commitments and have longer broadcast times when the race gets serious.
 
Davison in 7th. I hope the tyres last.
 
Frosty takes it ahead of McLaughlin. Winterbottom, McLaughlin, van Gisbergen top three for the round (and the JR trophy).
 
Great race by Frosty, didn't put a wheel wrong. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come. Weird weekend for RBR, just no speed there.
 
Good race - will make the next few very interesting from a championship perspective.

I wonder if Dahlgren will see out the season, he looks well out his depth.
 
Can't for the life of me fathom why GRM are wasting time with Dahlgren. Sure, it's nice to have a Swede along for the ride, but while he's getting better, he's still miles off the pace. The team are just shooting themselves in the foot with him.

But I can't think of anyone decent whose contract is up for renewal at the end of the year. Not unless they can buy James Courtney out of his HRT seat. He's largely wasted his time there, and nobody deserves Gander as a team-mate, except maybe SVG.
 
I'm satisfied with this one. The first 3 races were great.
Good race - will make the next few very interesting from a championship perspective.

I wonder if Dahlgren will see out the season, he looks well out his depth.
I hope Dahlgren stays (though, i would have prefered Premat). He qualified well his first time at this circuit.

Lowndes always loses out towards the middle of the season, just didnt ezpect it so soon. Oh well for RBRA.

Perth will be another tight and wild race.
 
Can't for the life of me fathom why GRM are wasting time with Dahlgren. Sure, it's nice to have a Swede along for the ride, but while he's getting better, he's still miles off the pace. The team are just shooting themselves in the foot with him.
I don't know - maybe get Premat back in there?
 
I don't know - maybe get Premat back in there?
Maybe, but he was only ever a second-tier driver. It's a step up from Dahlgren, but they need someone who can put it on the front row and the podium as often as McLaughlin does. Which I why I think Courtney is the man for the job. He's wasted in that HRTm
 
I think Dahlgren is here to stay. Even if Volvo stay in the game for 4years(i don't know how long the deal is for), I don't think they'd switch the line up.
 
and nobody deserves Gander as a team-mate, except maybe SVG.

I like Tander but seriously starting to think that he needs to go. Can't qualify for crap and it's becoming quite apparent that his time as a competitive driver is coming to an end (Todd Kelly syndrome, I like to call it). Would like to see Percat in that seat sooner rather than later.

Edit: Actually I was surprised to learn that Tander holds the record for most championship starts in a Holden, which really shouldn't have been that surprising considering that he's only ever driven Holden's since his debut in 98.
 
Last edited:
Premat took time to get into rhythm too, but even in his first year he placed better then Dahlgren is now in a stronger car then Premat had in his V8 supercar career.

Courtney hasn't done that badly in the past year or two, the entire team was underperforming and only started to get really competitive around midway through last season so it's not exactly his fault he hasn't done amazingly in a previously dominant team. Still I can see Percat or Courtney doing great in the Volvo, since Percat has shown lots of promise for his first full-time drive this year and Courtney can pretty much always do well in a competitive car
 
Premat took time to get into rhythm too, but even in his first year he placed better then Dahlgren is now in a stronger car then Premat had in his V8 supercar career.
Dahlgren isn't too bad in qualifying. He was 21st today in a race where all 24 cars were covered by half a second. But he is quickly rounded up in the races, and if he finishes in a higher position to where he qualified, it's usually because there were a few retirements.

I'm not advocating replacing him straight away. He typically gets closer to the front of the field over the course of a weekend. But he's holding GRM back. Maybe they should consider picking up an extra REC in 2015, and running him as a satellite.
 
My gosh these Ch7 ad breaks are every 4 mins now! 👎

5min breaks every 4min, one of the reasons I like trying to find other things to do while watching the races which normally results me in missing parts of the race for lack of attention.
 
While it was good not having Matt White around, Aaron Noonan should have been given the nod. Only problem is, that would make sense and Noonz knows too much for Crompo and Skaifey to keep up.
 
(Todd Kelly syndrome, I like to call it)
Then the next phase of his career should be obvious: buy up an REC or two, then spend $5 million of somebody else's money desperately clinging to the idea that he is still relevant and popular.

The "That's how we roll" campaign makes me laugh, because Tander prides himself on the way he's a tool.
 
Unfortunately missed the race but happy that Frosty won. Could this be the year? It's funny, after the huge stack on friday, i questioned whether Chaz was the right call for the FPR seat and maybe they shouldve taken Reynolds above him. But he has somewhat made me eat my words with 2 solid 3rd place finishes. Good on him. Awesome to see SMAC up there again. Just a shame he couldnt get the win. Onwards to Perth :)
 
I knew Percat and Pye would be a problem for Nissan and Erebus. Pye was speedy last year and he's as good as he was before the main game. It's going to be tough to bump them out of the top 10 for the rest of the season.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back