Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,851 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whincup and Dumbrell on top after qualifying. I think. I stopped caring about the championship fight weeks ago, when Whincup's rivals once again hit trouble at the worst possible moment for them and the best possible time for him.
 
Nice finish for Buncombe. 10th is about average it seems for Nissan lately, but since this was his first race, holding onto that spot with a pack of cars on his tail is good stuff. Now we'll watch Todd let those cars by...
 
Luff dropping spots and holding everyone up. close finish for all cars but the RB
 
Nice finish for Buncombe.

Really impressive performance for his first competitive time behind the wheel. Thought Gavin was solid too.
 
They're usually wrong, but Ambrose has announced he is returning to Australia, and Penske Racing has an announcement regarding V8 Supercars scheduled for Monday.

Tim Cindric@TimCindric34m
Plan to have a teleconference on Monday at 9pm EST to give a@v8supercars update for the media.No further comments.
Focused on the Chase now
 
Looking forward to that announcement.
 
About time with Penske, honestly very tired of all the rumours and speculation. As for Ambrose returning, meh.
 
About time with Penske, honestly very tired of all the rumours and speculation. As for Ambrose returning, meh.

I agree, but I'd love to see Ambrose back rather than just being an average driver and having a few flash of the pan moments during a season in NASCAR that aren't always road course races (he does good at short tracks it seems).
 
I'd say that's because short tracks require more braking, and while you have to keep the speed and the momentum up, you get the chance to recover if you make a mistake.
 
I've been to Sandown to watch the V8's 9 out of 10 times (including yesterday). Having both the V8's and GT's was definitely something!
 
Last edited:
I agree, but I'd love to see Ambrose back rather than just being an average driver and having a few flash of the pan moments during a season in NASCAR that aren't always road course races (he does good at short tracks it seems).

Yeah, fair point. As much as I don't particularly like the guy, I give him massive credit for going over to Nascar. Would have been easy for him to play it safe and stay here. Going to be interesting to see how quickly he can adapt back to V8's, will be almost 10 years since he last raced one.
Pardon the double-post, but here's a mock-up of what a DJR Penske livery might look like:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/09/14/date-set-penskeambrose-v8-supercars-confirmation/

Good thing it's only a mock-up because that is horrid. Makes Erebus's efforts look like the Mona Lisa. And safe to assume that Ambrose will replace Wall at DJR? Can't see Pye going anywhere.
 
Good thing it's only a mock-up because that is horrid. Makes Erebus's efforts look like the Mona Lisa. And safe to assume that Ambrose will replace Wall at DJR? Can't see Pye going anywhere.
It seems that way. I know Pye is under contract for 2015. But the article suggests Penske will purchase an REC from Steve Brabeck, who owns the #16 entry.

I suppose it's possible the Penske car might be run as a third satellite car, which might make sense given LDM's dispute with VESA, who refused to give them another REC. But I suspect that it's more likely that Penske and DJR will each run one car.
 
I just watched the qualifying races on Superview and am wondering if the teams are allowed to change wither the gear ratios or rear end gear?
 
Great, the dirtiest driver with the biggest ego ever seen in Australia is coming back to V8 Supercars? I hope Lowndes and Whincup and anyone else up to the challenge flog Ambrose senseless on track (in terms of pace etc.).
 
Great, the dirtiest driver with the biggest ego ever seen in Australia is coming back to V8 Supercars? I hope Lowndes and Whincup and anyone else up to the challenge flog Ambrose senseless on track (in terms of pace etc.).
I dont mind Ambrose, Whincup on the other hand not so much.
 
Great, the dirtiest driver with the biggest ego ever seen in Australia is coming back to V8 Supercars?
Between Tander, Rick Kelly and van Gisbergen, he'll be in good company.
 
SVG has the talent to back his "ego" up...

BOC Holden loses door skin lap 1, someone drives over it lap 2 which sends it flying into the infield and nearly cleans out someone standing by the fence, yikes.
 
Ambrose wasn't dirty in NASCAR. Either way, he'll probably have to adjust back to V8 Supercars so he might be off pace for an amount of time.
 
Huge issue in the pits for the Norton Nissan of Taz Douglas!
 
Great, the dirtiest driver with the biggest ego ever seen in Australia is coming back to V8 Supercars? I hope Lowndes and Whincup and anyone else up to the challenge flog Ambrose senseless on track (in terms of pace etc.).
I hope it's the other way around. Lowndes I don't mind so much, but Whingcup needs someone to ruffle his feathers a bit.
 
Massive accident for Holdsworth off the back straight :crazy: 265+km/h at that point of the circuit!

Hope McLaughlin's rear tyres don't go off like they have all season, the S60 is stupid quick when it's not eating the tyres so he could sneak a podium from the SC compressing the field. *crosses fingers*
 
An unfortunate turn of events for Erebus and Lee Holdsworth, but at least the race for the podium positions should get a little more interesting now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back