Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,850 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as you may hate Ambrose he was the undisputed fastest driver in V8s when he was here, its good for the series that a driver like him is coming back.
 
An unfortunate turn of events for Erebus and Lee Holdsworth, but at least the race for the podium positions should get a little more interesting now.
Unfortunate(?) for Bright too, BOC's bad day finally ends after he collects some Erebus debris!
 
Great, thanks to a power blackout I missed the last 80+ laps of this, came back on just in in time to catch the last three laps. :grumpy: Still pleased to see both HRT cars on the podium. 👍
 
Glad to see HRT get some luck in enduros this year! Hopefully we will see 22-2-222 on the podium at Bathurst!
 
Hopefully 222 doesn't fail at double stacking and screw the 33 at the Mountain... :grumpy:
 
Tried to stay away from this thread and Facebook so I could watch the race on Sunday since I missed it due to being at a baseball game. Then accidentally found out who won and lost all interest in watching it. So I watched the highlights, and that's enough for me. Bring on Bathurst.
 
Not waving those 3 lapped cars around during the last safety car and then spending 5 minutes whining about the same lapped cars ruined the end of that race.
 
It's all but officially announced now.

Tim Cindric@TimCindric3m
Big news coming shortly regarding@Team_Penske and @v8supercars. This will be one of our bigger challenges...but it should be fun.

Edit: Now it's official.
http://www.djr.com.au/news/breaking-news-djr-team-penske

10382313_682311521855052_8491435797029640441_o.jpg
 
Last edited:
I love the fan boys on FB blowing up over GT's comment, Ambrose has been out of the car for awhile. I won't say he sill struggle but it might take him some time to get back in the flow.

I will have to say that will be one of my favorite cars next year if that's the livery they really use but I have to secretly root for him since I'm a Holden fan.
 
Nothing Tander says is worth responding to.
 
If Penske take this seriously, then 888 is going to have a battle on their hands very soon.
 
If Penske take this seriously, then 888 is going to have a battle on their hands very soon.
Yes! And I love that. Really looking forward to next year already.
 
Yes! And I love that. Really looking forward to next year already.
judging by their driver signing i would say they are taking it seriously, Ambrose might be a little rusty but he is one of the most talented Circuit racers in the world.
 
If Penske take this seriously, then 888 is going to have a battle on their hands very soon.

I think the writing is on the wall for 888 already. HRT (finally) look like they have gotten their act together and GRM will be even stronger with a full year of development under their belt, not to mention Penske & Ambrose.
 
GRM just need to rein in the tyre eating monster that seems to live in the back end of Scott's car and avoid getting driven into (looking at you, Chaz) and Whincup/Lowndes' jobs will instantly be made much harder. We all know how stupid quick the S60 is in McLaughlin's hands when it's on song; it just needs to be on form more often.

Ambrose will do fine as long as the car's there, sure he's been out of the series for ten years but you'd be a fool to think he'd have lost his ability in a V8 over that time. Whether you like him or not, the guy will be quick - maybe not for the first couple of rounds, but it certainly won't take Ambrose long at all to acclimatise.
 
not to mention GRM need a decent driver in the second seat, sacking Premat was a mistake tbh.

Hope DJR keep Pye, that combo would go places long term.
 
To be honest, Marcos Ambrose will find it difficult to compete in the V8 Supercars now. I think his time has passed.
 
To be honest, Marcos Ambrose will find it difficult to compete in the V8 Supercars now. I think his time has passed.

I'm sure some would say that about Lowndes at times too....I beg to differ though. He has been fairly fast in just about anything he has driven in the last 10-15 years. He wasn't exactly a young guy when he started V8's anyway...so what's that tell ya.
 
He still has it, for the entire time he was at Nascar he was consistently the man to beat on Road courses with no other driver really being consistently as good as him, keep in mind you had drivers like Montoya in that series, even when drivers like Ekstrom(DTM Driver) came in to do a round he looked no where near what ambrose was capable of even on ambrose first road course race.

Besides he is two years younger then Lowndes and was definetly faster then him when he was in V8s last time.
 
I don't think Ambrose is past it. He'll take time to reacclimatise, sure, but I expect him to be a solid midfielder, around 10th to 15th from the outset. He's more likely to be fighting the likes of Coulthard and Davison than he is Whincup and McLaughlin or Wood and Perkins.
 
According to SpeedCafe, there has been no indication of Ford involvement in the DJR-Penske deal. I know Penske has close ties to the brand, but Johnson has indicated in the past that he would be willing to change marques if it was in the best interest of the team, and Roger Penske didn't get where he is by making decisions based on other criteria. With Erebus confident of a new Mercedes deal, there are two Volvo S60 chassis out there ...
 
Penske has close ties to Ford through NASCAR, but outside of that he's got the backing of Chevrolet in Indycar, and was with Porsche for Sportscar racing.
 
According to SpeedCafe, there has been no indication of Ford involvement in the DJR-Penske deal. I know Penske has close ties to the brand, but Johnson has indicated in the past that he would be willing to change marques if it was in the best interest of the team, and Roger Penske didn't get where he is by making decisions based on other criteria. With Erebus confident of a new Mercedes deal, there are two Volvo S60 chassis out there ...

That would be a odd move for DJR if you ask me, but I think he is ready to get back to a team he was known for.

I wouldn't mind the Volvo though, but Penske isn't really close with any one make even in Nascar. The only reason he isn't still with Dodge is because Ford offered him what he wanted, Dodge didn't.
 
Wil Davison announced he'll be commentating the Singapore F1 race alongside Greg Rust.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back