Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,752 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You're a pack of lovely people" LOL
Love that line! Mostert's podium interview was awesome as well! Today, as much as I didn't want him to win nor did I actually like him before the race started, he has gained my respect with a terrific drive from the back to mid-pack then to the back again then all the way to the front. F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!!
 
That Bathurst was soo nuts it's hard to take it all in, definitely a race for the history books.
 
Wow, no other words to describe that. Shattered for Scotty Mac (being a fan) The Giz, Reynolds and dare i say it:Whincup. No-one likes seeing a Bathurst win taken from you so i think some respect must be paid to JDUB and The Giz. And to Chaz. Awesome race and good to see that the future of this sport is safe. Bring on next year
 
I think I just become a Chaz fan....Morris on the other hand, did nothing to change my opinion of him.
Great story and that's what keeps us loving this race.
 
So glad whincup lost, his disobedience was his downfall which made it even more sweeter when Mostert won.

Why? He had probably one of the best drives out there. managing to come from the back of the pack to first and then having to go into the pits. He had a great drive today. It wasn't disobedience it was a communication problem. You can hate Whincup as much as you like but he's still one of the best V8 supercar drivers out there. Winter bottom spinning made it even more sweeter for Whincup to increase the gap from Lowndes and Winterbottom :D.
 
All the main contenders had issues towards the end except for Chaz and while he deserved it Morris didn't. That's the only issue when they stopped A-driver pairings. It can lead to unworthy winners.

Say all you want about Whincup he had an amazing drive and if had he of won would have gone down as one of the greatest wins in all time. But shouldn't start with the "if's" and the "would have's" as there was too many in that race and that is Motorsport
 
Give Premat the #34
 
He's already moved his family back to France. A return to the series is not what he wants.
 
Give Premat the #34
Only one problem with that - with A drivers prohibited from pairing in the enduros now, Frenchy can't drive with McLaughlin in the big ones :p

I agree though, Premat definitely deserves another shot at the main series. He's been hugely impressive in the enduros, and would definitely be capable of regular top five/ten results. Garry, remedy this situation ASAP.
 
Watched every Bathurst since 85 and that was the greatest i've seen.
Greatest V8SC race i've seen and probably the best motor race i've ever seen.

Gutted for The Gizz and Scotty Mac.
Time for my fave driver the Enforcer Ingall to hang em up too.
Lowndsey did JW a massive solid too
Whincup comes within a few klicks of becoming a god....
Instead the legend of THE CHAZ is born.

only have 1 item on my " bucket list " - Bathurst 2015 here i come.
 
He's already moved his family back to France. A return to the series is not what he wants.
Moving the family back might be an issue, but with a factory drive that's much more competitive then the ride he left it's surely more enticing then being a fill gap GT driver in Europe.
 
Did anyone else see the amazing mustache on one of the guys at turn 2 during the red flag?

PS: The race was the best Bathurst I've ever seen (this is my 10th year watching), sad moments for Murph, Van Gisbergen and Mclaughlin who were pretty much the three I was rooting for. :p
 
Watched every Bathurst since 85 and that was the greatest i've seen.
Greatest V8SC race i've seen and probably the best motor race i've ever seen.

Have to agree. Bathurst over the past few years has been very exciting, but this one was incredible!
 
Why are there no current V8Supercars in Gran Turismo? I need a quick fix after these races.
The Lexus IS-F CCR is similar and uses the same sounds as the old Falcon V8.
 
For me it's Kiwi's or Fords....turned out a bad day for the Kiwi's after looking so promising :( But got a Ford victory instead :)
A great race, always gotta love Bathurst day :)

A quick mention for Nissan and Merc, ended up getting a good result kinda out of nowhere, and also a solid performance for the Kiwi team Super Black, almost got a top 10 on debut, definitely wasn't picking that.

And now counting down to next years race :lol:
 
I missed this race unfortunately. Looks like I missed a cracker. I can't wait to see it show up on YouTube so I can see it (if it's not up already).
 
the problem is Chaz wont brag about it, paul morris on the other hand..... any one got tony longhurst's number?

I dont have his nnumber, but I do have a racing slick from he and Jim Richards'JPS M3 ;)

The Lexus IS-F CCR is similar and uses the same sounds as the old Falcon V8.

Now the challenge will be to clock a 2'05"6 on RH tyres. Hope I can tune it to 650hp and 1410kg.
 
I never said whincup was a bad driver, i just really dont like the guy.
 
Brilliant finish to the race as I watched the finish around 2 hours ago on Motors TV in the UK after watching some of the race live early this morning, Whincup must of had radio problems as a few times he had a radio message to slow down and conserve fuel and may of made it to the flag but ultimately didn't. Good to see 4 of the 5 manufacturers in the top 5 positions as this shows how level the cars are.
 
Whincup must of had radio problems as a few times he had a radio message to slow down and conserve fuel and may of made it to the flag but ultimately didn't.

Again he didn't. Think he must have thought, that if he put his head down, pumped out some quick laps and put some room between him and Mostert. That he'd just be able to coast to the finish without a problem. Obviously it backfired. Certainly made for a interesting finish to a freakin unbelievable race.
 
Last edited:
An in car shot shows red lights flashing on the steering. I think at that point he figured he'd "Copy". He admitted he was going for the win by sheer speed.
 
My palms were sweating in those last few laps.
I have never felt so much tension while watching a motor race. Ever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back