Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,727 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed alot of the race just because I got tired of sitting infront of the computer; but who would ever thought Morris would be on the top box?!

I guess I haven't paid much attention but I hate the wings on the Holdens (yes I know they are same as Ford).
 
10410840_10152748443649266_6375710866790241815_n.jpg


So Good :lol:
 
This was one of the best races I ever seen in any race series! And a Nissan in 2nd place!
 
I tried to watch it live but unfortunately fell asleep after a few laps! Last thing I saw was Scott leading in the Volvo with Winterbottom in 2nd.

Happy for Chaz to win it and to take the lead on the last lap was incredible!
 
Hmm, without the wide body it could work.
 
Initially, when NISSAN announced their plans, I thought it would have been the M45 and Kelly Racing Red Bull sponsors. I'll keep dreaming for this to be on the grid.
 
Red Bull said they wouldn't sponsor anyone but a team capable of winning.
 
Polestar to concentrate on two cars for 2015.
Polestar managing director Christian Dahl says his company will continue to concentrate on supplying just two entries in the V8 Supercars Championship next season.
Volvo Car Australia has publicly stated interest in expanding its presence beyond two cars for 2015, holding talks with current Mercedes-AMG customer team Erebus Motorsport.

Dahl, however, has revealed that Polestar is set on maintaing its current two-car for at least another season.

“I think it’s the right way to concentrate on what we’ve got at the moment,” Dahl told Speedcafe.com at Bathurst.

“There’s only one car that can win the championship so expanding the program before we are fully competitive, I think it’s better we focus with GRM and reaching the top with these cars to start with.”
 
Well that is their choice for putting Dahlgren in the car. Guess they had no faith in Scottie s fan base. If Premat was in the 2nd car, he would have been further up the standings. Even with the same mechanical issues as Dahlgren.

Erebus has the team to compete. Look how they did with SBR and their transition to the E63. I believe they should look at Erebus. It would be the best team to try the new car. BJR have a good team, but I believe Erebus are a better team.
 
Well that is their choice for putting Dahlgren in the car. Guess they had no faith in Scottie s fan base. If Premat was in the 2nd car, he would have been further up the standings. Even with the same mechanical issues as Dahlgren.
I think you're completely misreading this. It's not their results that have motivated this decision, but their reliability.
 
I understand it. NISMO felt the same way about fielding more cars. But now NISMO are ready to fill FORD's space. No matter if the cars are fast in a straight line.
The S60 is a beast over the E63. Everywhere. Erebus would take commitment over reliability any day. That can be worked out.

In addition, the cars have had no major reliability issues(at Bathurst, I don't know who makes the starter motors for Polestar) since Winton. At NZ, Dahlgren DNF'd on his own.
 
Last edited:
Volvo needs to focus on itself before anyone else, their reliability is the worst on the grid and has cost them a chance of going for a title battle on their first year.

Dahlgren being replaced surely is a done conclusion if they are serious about 2015.
 
What do you mean "ready to fill Ford's space"? They're still wildly inconsistent; maybe one in four of them can get a top ten. They're a prime example of what Volvo are trying to avoid - over-extending themselves to the point where they spend so much time managing their cars that they can't develop the actual car.
 
"Less than 24 hours after revealing the traditional Holden-Ford rivalry could be dead — with the latter tipped to be quitting V8 Supercars — The Daily Telegraph can reveal Nissan is ready to step up and fill the breach."

“Sport is all about warring tribes,’’ Nissan Australia CEO Richard Emery said yesterday. “And if there’s a chance for us to step up, to be the tribe that takes on Holden ... we’d be mad not to grab it."

However, Ford Performance Racing team principal Tim Edwards yesterday insisted no final decision had been made, saying his team were still in negotiations with Ford Australia to extend their current contract, which expires on December 31.

Volvo have already stated they'd have only two factory cars. Developing the S60 for more reliabity? I'd say from what weve been shown this season, it's more about a rethink on certain components that are supplied to Polestar, than built by Polestar.
 
They might fill the numbers, they sure as hell aren't filling the podium like FPR though.
 
Ha!

For one, the journalist in question who wrote that article is notorious for rumour-mongering.

And secondly, Nissan might like the idea of stepping up to fill Ford's place should Ford leave, but that doesn't mean that they can actually do it. Going by their current form, they won't be able to.
 
My point is about Volvo feeling they need to gain more reliability than fielding more cars. I say, horse pucky. NISSAN wanted more speed before they would think about fieldijng more cars. Cox even said NISSAN might pull out of V8s if parity isn't a priority.
I bet if Roland Dane said he wants a Volvo, Polestar would be right there.
 
My point is about Volvo feeling they need to gain more reliability than fielding more cars. I say, horse pucky. NISSAN wanted more speed before they would think about fieldijng more cars. Cox even said NISSAN might pull out of V8s if parity isn't a priority.
I bet if Roland Dane said he wants a Volvo, Polestar would be right there.
To me you sound like your mad that Erebus has to do another season with Mercedes junk.

Volvo does what Volvo wants.

.
 
Ha!

For one, the journalist in question who wrote that article is notorious for rumour-mongering.

And secondly, Nissan might like the idea of stepping up to fill Ford's place should Ford leave, but that doesn't mean that they can actually do it. Going by their current form, they won't be able to.
With better drivers, maybe.
 
Maybe, but the car is most of the issue.
It seems to do ok, but they are still lacking straight line speed. That really hurt them at Bathurst.
 
With better drivers, maybe.

The only problem will be finding better drivers, I can't think of anyone halfway decent aside from maybe Ash Walsh (who really deserves a full time seat in the main game) that doesn't already have a contract for the next year or two.
 
It seems to do ok, but they are still lacking straight line speed. That really hurt them at Bathurst.
Which is why its most of the issue, at a track like bathurst they would of been losing over a second just in the 2nd half of the track alone.
 
To me you sound like your mad that Erebus has to do another season with Mercedes junk.

Volvo does what Volvo wants.

.

No way. I'm a fan for life. But, I will be all for the FGX next year for obvious reasons.
I AM upset ONLY that new drivers(Pye and Percat) in more developed cars(Ford and Holden), just means Erebus gets pushed down the order.
The E63 has the power. It just can't be tossed around like the Altima and S60. They're still working on drive out of corners.

Erebus can keep the E63. I want them to keep it. As a fan, I want MB to commit. That's all. All manufacturers will do what they want.
 
I don't see the logic in Erebus going to Mercedes in the first place, its a customer program that they themselves have to pay for and the car isn't competitve or developed.
 
Betty's father owned MERCEDES cars and She still drives MB's. It's why she bought the SLS to race. Her story to race in V8s was to bring BENZ into the series. No other reason than that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back