Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,465 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish Whincup would just... go away. I'd enjoy the sport so much more if I could be be happy for the winner, no matter who it was. :(

Oh, and let's hope the BJR guys can keep up the good form all season this time! It's a shame that they always seem to drop off the pace halfway through the year, they're a great team otherwise.
 
My pick for the best livery is DJR Penske. Second place goes to GRM, and third to Schwerkolt. An honourable mention goes to Britek, and most improved to Tekno now that the lurid yellow is gone.

The worst livery has to be HRT. The day-glo red is painful to look at for someone with colour-blindness. Second place goes to Nismo, as I still think it looks like dad painted the family car to resemble his favourite team. Third place to The Bottle-O, for a colour I can only describe as "electric vomit" (I've never liked it). Dishonourable mentions go to Red Bull and BJR Freightliner for being more of the same.
 
For me it's Erebus, ever since they lost the SBR Sponsership from the first season they haven't had a half decent livery since.
 
Last time I mention it. No matter how many championships or Bathurst wins or top 5's top 10's, the Kelly brothers must take off their helmets and take a seat in front of the telemetry. Make way for some new blood. Moffat and Caruso are better racers. Sorry.

DJR are like the Celtics. They won championships in the day and had to rebuild. They won a C'hip not too long ago and now rebuilding again. Whincup and Lowndes making 3year deals, leaves Pye to lead DJR in the near future. Penske just wouldn't invest if he knew the ship would sink. We'll watch and see. I'm still reppin' that #17. Last place and all...
 
No matter how many championships or Bathurst wins or top 5's top 10's, the Kelly brothers must take off their helmets and take a seat in front of the telemetry. Make way for some new blood.
Oh, I agree. I think that was the biggest mistake Nissan made - sure, they got four cars, but the trade-off was that the Kellys are something of a vanity project. It's not about fielding the best team, but fielding the Kelly brothers.
 
When a car is pretty bad though it usually spits out odd results as it usually a Balance issue, i think at worst they should have a known top talent though given the Money they got.

Given their car has had the most change from last year i would give the team a few rounds first before commenting on whether it's working or not.
 
The car worked at Albert Park. It worked at Queensland Raceway. It worked at Bathurst. It worked at Surfers. The car can now stretch it's legs. We'll see tomorrow.

I guarantee, the #7 and #15, put GTAcademy drivers in there. The new kid driving the Altima in the USA. Put another North American or D'Alberto in the other Altima. Guaranteed all 4 Altimas running top 10 top 12 every race. Todd had his moments last year. But consistant front running with that aggressive handling of the Altima, in different hands, they'd be toppling BJR for best of the rest.
 
Can't agree on that, V8SC is not a series you can just jump in and be competitive, unless you got some NZ ST or Dunlop series experience it's back you go.
 
Eckstrom did good over 1000km. Buncomb did as much as he could last year. Knowing the tracks like The Kelly's is invaluable. I'm sure through the Academy training, learning these cars would take them not long. The track runs Ordonez and Krumm had. I bet give them time and they wouldn't be down the order like Dahlgren.
 
Eckstrom did good over 1000km. Buncomb did as much as he could last year. Knowing the tracks like The Kelly's is invaluable. I'm sure through the Academy training, learning these cars would take them not long. The track runs Ordonez and Krumm had. I bet give them time and they wouldn't be down the order like Dahlgren.
Ekstrom has been the most impressive for sure, however he was using the best equipment as well.

Doing a whole season is a different kettle of fish though, in the enduros their main competition is the other drivers that are in the same boat as them.
 
Remember, Richards, Dumbrell, Owen, Douglas, Baird. These guys were in the series for years. Not really the same boat as sometimey Enduro drivers from overseas. Bourdais also did a good job In top flight equipment.

No argument from me about how tough a V8 is to drive. I'm not looking for anyone to agree with me. I feel, Dahlgren had just as good equipment as Scott. Premat was in a good car and he had bad luck his first season. But Caruso drove Holdens. The Kelly's drove Holdens. Moffat drove Fords. They're all in the same equipment and team Norton smashed team JD. May be first race of the season, but with the car getting better. Team Nismo is going to do it again over team JD/Pilates.

It's not the tool. It's the fool. I don't bet money, but I'd put it on the table with GTAcademy drivers over the Kelly brothers in those Altimas.
 
Possibly but the races haven't started yet.
 
Listening to those questions in the Johnson/Penske/Cindric interview. No one asked about Cindric's son. Would his son get a shot in V8s. No one asked if Penske joining V8s would bring more North Americans to want to build a team. No one asked would Penske be able to influence manufacturers to join. I don't care to know about his empire after qualifying. Ask car stuff about What can he bring to the series. Anything but asking the same question 3 different ways from 5 different people.
 
Listening to those questions in the Johnson/Penske/Cindric interview. No one asked about Cindric's son. Would his son get a shot in V8s. No one asked if Penske joining V8s would bring more North Americans to want to build a team. No one asked would Penske be able to influence manufacturers to join. I don't care to know about his empire after qualifying. Ask car stuff about What can he bring to the series. Anything but asking the same question 3 different ways from 5 different people.
Sounds like its catering to the Casuals who wouldn't be watching it.
 
Can't agree on that, V8SC is not a series you can just jump in and be competitive, unless you got some NZ ST or Dunlop series experience it's back you go.

Would like to see Renee Gracie develop in the Dunlop series to be able to join the V8SC. Also Paul Dumbrell would do good in V8SC.
 
Just caught up with TCM, my kinda series, any news about the P76 yet @TDZdave

Its an idea atm, not even sure it's actually eligible, we've not inquired nor have we found a good one to build from,
 
Its an idea atm, not even sure it's actually eligible, we've not inquired nor have we found a good one to build from,
Let us know how it's going if anything develops, would love to see a Leyland out there!
 
There's a Monza in there. Make it happen 👍
 
Its an idea atm, not even sure it's actually eligible, we've not inquired nor have we found a good one to build from,

Well best of luck with it anyway. Would be great to see a P76 on the gird. 👍
 
Well best of luck with it anyway. Would be great to see a P76 on the gird. 👍

Thanks, we are looking at 4 cars,
Chrysler Centura,
Leyland P76,
Ford TD Cortina,
Ford Capri Perana,

Then on top of that the finances to run it, and acquiring the licence to run the car, just ideas, but if we make the decision there will be a thread on it,
 
Yeah, turn 8 is a really good spot to be! :D
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Dang... must've left it at home. :p


Edit: My dad's got stickers on the front of silver/orange #22 Monaro in the TCM, so don't forhet to cheer the car on!
 
Last edited:
I'm a Ford guy, but hey, I grew up in GM muscle. 👍
 
He must be the 2nd Test driver then if he isn't at barcelona.
 
Noooo Scotty blows up on the warm-up lap :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back