Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,671 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be interesting after the Gen2 cars run a full season.

TCM is too good.
 
- Whincup is average at best. Hopefully that keeps him away from the front.

Feels like I've seen this movie before. He'll still qualify on either the first or second row for today's races, you can bet on it. Fingers crossed that either PRA, HRT or McLaughlin can qualify up the front as well and make these sprint races interesting.
 
Last edited:
This Sports GT series on the support bill here at Symmonds Plains is like a typical grid in GT6. Such a huge variety of cars from all different eras.
 
900hp in that R32. Just like vs. AI in the game. :lol:
 
Well I'm watching the Sports GT, and I notice a Marlboro HDT Commodore. It's only a replica sadly, but I'm still suprised that they haven't censored the Marlboro logo out.
 
Well I'm watching the Sports GT, and I notice a Marlboro HDT Commodore. It's only a replica sadly, but I'm still suprised that they haven't censored the Marlboro logo out.
I think the tobacco sponsorship ban was an FIA thing, no?
 
...and the Datsun racing, is like tuning a Mitsubishi Galant GTO to race in the 15minutes Apricot Hill enduro.
 
900hp in that R32. Just like vs. AI in the game. :lol:
I thought it was 1200hp?

I think the tobacco sponsorship ban was an FIA thing, no?
For the 50th Anniversary of Bathurst, I know Channel Seven had to censor the Marlboro logo out, whether it's just a thing they had to do as they are a Free-to-Air network, I don't know, but Fox Sports seems to have no problem with it. Thankfully.
 
All I heard Bargwanna say was 900hp. Then he says he turned up the boost. If it has 1200, that's insane. :eek:
 
Well I'm watching the Sports GT, and I notice a Marlboro HDT Commodore. It's only a replica sadly, but I'm still suprised that they haven't censored the Marlboro logo out.
It actually says 'Malbara' or something similar. :lol:
 
All I heard Bargwanna say was 900hp. Then he says he turned up the boost. If it has 1200, that's insane. :eek:
Ok, I heard one of the commentators say 1200hp. That could be with the boost turned up though.

It actually says 'Malbara' or something similar. :lol:
Really? Aww... :lol:
 
Good quali. Frosty is one of the best starters and Courtney is as well. Cheeseburger...
 
Whincup in 8th makes me happy. Scotty seems to be struggling this weekend. And Nissan's slow.....surprise.
 
All Fords top 15. *Scratches head* Nissan... Yeah, I'm not happy about that. I thought we would see some speed today.


The race should start right now. After the last car crosses the line, do a cool down lap, then line them up and just go.

Poor Lowndes with this product placement gig.
 
Last edited:
Brilliant result for Heimgartner, P5!

Awesome to see Lowndes has still got it too, he's not gonna let Whincup walk away with it.
 
Heimgartner 5th for race 2! Incredible performance from him.

And Courtney starting from 3rd for both races. Something HRT was lacking last year (especially in qualifying) was consistency, hopefully they can keep it up.
 
I just can't comprehend the fact that I can't watch this weekends racing on normal tv.
 
It's not going to be the same on here if not everyone can get in on the discussion. I'm lucky enough to get Foxtel now but I'd prefer it if they offered a pay per view live stream for Australians as opposed to this.
 
Is there a round about way that you guys can get a hold of the SuperView stream?
 
Ok, I heard one of the commentators say 1200hp. That could be with the boost turned up though.


Really? Aww... :lol:

Yep. 1200hp.

Is there a round about way that you guys can get a hold of the SuperView stream?

I have Foxtel Go. When I use the link to superview for live streaming, it sends me to Foxtel.
 
Serious? That's like the bogan pronunciation of Marlboro :lol::lol:
Yep, just had a closer look and it's definitely 'Malbara'. You wouldn't notice from a distance for too long though.

Apparently Murphy had a go in the Merc V8 Supercar yesterday. That'll be something.
 
hahahaha "Just goin' down the bottle-o bruv, chuck us ya coin and I'll grab ya a fiddy gram pouch 'o Malbara"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
 
Hope Heimgartner can maintain position or better. We'll see how he races with the fast guys.


Well, if Todd is writing this weekend off for the car, that's that.
 
Last edited:
I can't believe they are still using the same crappy car graphics to show the starting grid. :lol:

Average Joe modding cars for PC sims can do better than that. :p
 
Shame for Scotty again. Apparently something to do with the Trans-axle...
 
And for Wil. Look how fast he caught up. Would like to have seen if he could hang with Frosty and Lowndes.
 
A window?! Who's is that?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back