Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,670 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they are thinking championship this year, but Pye is easily a top 5 driver with top equipment I think.
 
I'm thinking Championship. Pye is a better driver than Reynolds. As good as Percat and Chaz. He proved it at Bathurst with Morris. If the FG X is as good as it was this passed weekend, this dude is going to get it done. Even in 2013 with LDM, he was a threat(excluding his crashes). We all saw how good he is last year. The Falcon drivers were able to get some good results in underperforming cars. Now that they have the confidence of the FG X, we'll have a good 2 seasons of racing.

And one more thing. Respect for Ambrose. Tough call for a racer.

Scott Pye was running strong at Clipsal last year, 5th IIRC until he got taken out, he's not a bad peddler, though with another season under his belt, He should be strong next year, hopefully he doesn't get screwed out of it,
 
Just thinking, I wonder why 888 signed SVG over Pye for next season? I know SVG is good but Pye is a product of Roland and given his potential it would have been good to see him in a 3rd 888 car. Does anyone know if Pye still has links to 888 or is he all on his own now?
 
Dane still manages him. I have no explaination regarding Pye's length of contract with DJR.
 
Pye is a better driver than Reynolds.

What the hell has happened to Reynolds over the past year and a bit? He's gone from a consistent top ten runner to nowhere pretty much. We'll see how he does now that's his car's been upgraded to FG-X specs but I think that a change of scenery next year might be his best option to get his career back on track.
 
What the hell has happened to Reynolds over the past year and a bit? He's gone from a consistent top ten runner to nowhere pretty much. We'll see how he does now that's his car's been upgraded to FG-X specs but I think that a change of scenery next year might be his best option to get his career back on track.
He seems abit like button when his car is dialed in he's insanely fast but when it isn't he's no where.
 
Just thinking, I wonder why 888 signed SVG over Pye for next season? I know SVG is good but Pye is a product of Roland and given his potential it would have been good to see him in a 3rd 888 car. Does anyone know if Pye still has links to 888 or is he all on his own now?

Because SVG is Better driver.

Pye is good but he is still unproven.
 
Reynolds let himself down at pretty much his only shot at winning Bathurst vs Whincup. He admitted it. From there, the FG wasn't the best and the DNF with Canto just destroyed him. I'm either way with him, because he is "sometimey".

He's behaving like Coulthard used to. Never hitting back. When he starts shoving his way through(Albert Park doesn't count), he'll get results.
 
He is not getting any younger either, he will be 30 this year so he better get a move on :lol: In saying that Fabian is 33 this year! Man time flies..
 
He is not getting any younger either, he will be 30 this year so he better get a move on :lol: In saying that Fabian is 33 this year! Man time flies..

Actually I had a similar thought about Holdsworth when he joined Walkinshaw. Didn't realise the dude's only 32, thought he was (a little) older than that, feels like he's been in the game for years & years. And hey, wait until you hit your thirties, the time will really start to fly by then. :lol: :crazy:

Edit: Courtney on Ambrose's decision to step down.
Courtney, who was a team-mate to Ambrose in British Formula Ford during the 1990s before replacing the NASCAR-bound Tasmanian at Stone Brothers Racing a decade ago, described the latest development as “a massive shock”.

“I’d be surprised if he comes back now,” Courtney told Fox Sports News.

“He’s left and then come back and it hasn’t really worked the way he wanted it to. For him to go away (again) … I think he’s gone too early.

“It was always going to be really tough for him to come back.

The championship has evolved so much from when he left and it’s going to take time for him to come around.

“For him to pack it in so quickly I think there’s a lot more to the story than what’s being let on.
 
Last edited:
Reynolds has never had a strong start to a V8 season though, I don't think he's been inside the 20 in the first 5 rounds of any season, he's definitely my tip for Bathurst this year, he really steps up to the plate there, if it weren't for that crash in qualifying I think his entire Bathurst campaign may have been a different story, as for the car breaking down that may have been something overlooked in the rebuild, he wants that mountain title more then life itself,
 
Well limited testing and not enough tyres , will put a scare into manufacturers. They will be looking for experienced drivers and a team to develop the Gen2 car. If there are still tyre games, who wants to be a part of that?
 
LDM rushing spare chassis for Percat.

Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport is racing to prepare a replacement car for Nick Percat to use at Symmons Plains after his regular entry was heavily damaged at the weekend.

Percat was involved in the multi-car rolling start incident in Race 4 at Albert Park, which left the chassis in a far worse shape than initially thought.
The team has struck a deal to lease Tekno Autosport’s spare car, last raced by Jonathon Webb in 2013, ahead of the March 27-29 Symmons event.

The chassis, which currently sits as a shell and wiring harness, left Tekno’s Queensland base this afternoon and is scheduled to arrive at LDM’s Melbourne workshop tomorrow.
 
How many cars are there in the DVS? Sounds like they got on reasonably well for their debut.
 
How many cars are there in the DVS? Sounds like they got on reasonably well for their debut.

24-26, About as many as the main game. Depends who are running a full season as well.
 
I switched on the "GT Academy" show on One because I was curious to see what sort of process the competition went through to find racing drivers.

I was extremely disappointed. It's like "Top Gear", if Clarkson, Hammond and May were desperate for the approval of Rick Kelly. This isn't an experiment in finding young, up-and-coming racing drivers. This is (like the Shannons programme) a vanity project for the Kellys.
 
I switched on the "GT Academy" show on One because I was curious to see what sort of process the competition went through to find racing drivers.

I was extremely disappointed. It's like "Top Gear", if Clarkson, Hammond and May were desperate for the approval of Rick Kelly. This isn't an experiment in finding young, up-and-coming racing drivers. This is (like the Shannons programme) a vanity project for the Kellys.

Isn't that called "supercar showdown"?
 
Yeah, that was the Shannons one. But this is something different, at least on the surface.

Hahaha, I remember seeing an episode a few years ago, when Todd said, "and for this challenge your rev limit is 5,000rpm" I automatically turned off
 
Well, this one involved driving a rally car whilst being shot with paintballs and avoiding tanks.

How on earth is that a practical racing skill?
 
I switched on the "GT Academy" show on One because I was curious to see what sort of process the competition went through to find racing drivers.

I was extremely disappointed. It's like "Top Gear", if Clarkson, Hammond and May were desperate for the approval of Rick Kelly. This isn't an experiment in finding young, up-and-coming racing drivers. This is (like the Shannons programme) a vanity project for the Kellys.
It's real, but glamed up for TV.

Being a Finalist myself I can tell you that.
 
Well, this one involved driving a rally car whilst being shot with paintballs and avoiding tanks.

How on earth is that a practical racing skill?
It's not racing skill its to test their ability to drive under pressure and with distractions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back