Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,726 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting read, so no the new regulations really haven't made anything cheaper...
The engine regulations haven't changed much from memory if at all.
 
I knew Darryl Waltrip did a hot lap with Bright a few years back, but I'd never seen the on-board footage. Absolutely hilarious! :lol:

EDIT- Soft tyres will be the standard tyre next year. And as soon as Phelps comes on the audio gets all screwed up.

EDIT 2- This audio is beyond a joke now... Hopefully they fix it for the encore.

EDIT 3- Fixed now.
 
Last edited:
No issues for me. Good viewing tonight. 100 sets of softs, Sprint format length up in the air, teams keeping their multi-million dollar V8s well into 2018. Will be interesting to see if Nissan want to play anymore. I'm sure betty would keep her engines but, will she keep the current bonnet emblem?
 
I knew Darryl Waltrip did a hot lap with Bright a few years back, but I'd never seen the on-board footage. Absolutely hilarious! :lol:

Can't believe you hadn't seen that until now. His reactions are hilarious. "I just lost my lunch and I didn't even have any." :lol:!
100 sets of softs, Sprint format length up in the air

Didn't see the show but that sounds promising.
 
Can't believe you hadn't seen that until now. His reactions are hilarious. "I just lost my lunch and I didn't even have any." :lol:!
I probably have, but I can't remember seeing it! :lol: :ouch:
 
Can't believe you hadn't seen that until now. His reactions are hilarious. "I just lost my lunch and I didn't even have any." :lol:!


Didn't see the show but that sounds promising.

Don't know about practice. Bathurst and PI will be the only hard tyre races.
 
I imagine that they'll both be like the livery Webb ran at the Island a few years ago - looks great standing still, but messy in motion.
 
Check the comments, "HRT can now run the Falcon aero package." :lol:

I do like this livery though. Thumbs up.
 
They had to change them to allow the Volvo, Mercedes and Nissan to enter.
No, they used to use a 5 litre engine that came in a box from England, teams were allowed to fiddle with it as they pleased within the regulations, they changed to make them more relevant to the manufacture, hence Ford Australia spending 35 million AUD to develop a 5 liter engine as oppose to continue using the 5.5 liter that was imported from America and used in the road cars from 2003, (which I might add is better suited to being a boat anchor rather then an engine, the Tickford 5 litre and the current 5 litre are so much better, cant beat much built in Australia. For Australia ;))
 
No, they used to use a 5 litre engine that came in a box from England, teams were allowed to fiddle with it as they pleased within the regulations, they changed to make them more relevant to the manufacture, hence Ford Australia spending 35 million AUD to develop a 5 liter engine as oppose to continue using the 5.5 liter that was imported from America and used in the road cars from 2003, (which I might add is better suited to being a boat anchor rather then an engine, the Tickford 5 litre and the current 5 litre are so much better, cant beat much built in Australia. For Australia ;))
Or not considering the other engines are dohc 4 valvers but that's just a tiny difference isn't it.
 
Check the comments, "HRT can now run the Falcon aero package." :lol:

I did see that comment. :lol:

And Ricky Kelly's revised livery.

CQLSjJtW8AAPGUW.jpg


 
So Albert Park and Symmons Pains have officially swapped dates after the Australian GP was moved forward.
 
This would have been the perfect time for Fox to replay every Bathurst in their files.
I like it quite a bit. The gold highlights and the black are fantastic. But I'm a bit of a sucker for gold and black. :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back