Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,711 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reynolds has set a 2:05:731

EDIT- Topped by Fabian, 2:05:478, which tops the record from last year.
 
Reynolds has set a 2:05:731

EDIT- Topped by Fabian, 2:05:478

And it's only Thursday practice. What will they be doing in qualifying? Crazy! :crazy:
 
Watching the race last night, I loved how bumpy the track used to be. It's like driving on a billiard table now.
 
Watching what I missed. The E63 need some gold Daytons and a boomerang antenna.

The #4 looks good on tv.

That blue on the #62 is nice.
 
Oh man! Reynolds might not have a drive after this one... :eek:
 
Hahaha, 25k is a hefty price for a smart remark.
 
I've heard worse and haven't seen that sort of fine handed out. It was all in jest, I think some people need to stop being so politically correct. It was a stupid remark, but the consequence was just as stupid.

For those wondering what happened; here.

And now he's apologized.
 
It's so over the top, it's not like it was a malicious comment, when I first read the headline I thought he must've said something stupid while stuck behind them on track or something, not during a press conference, in the middle of him heaping praise on them.
 
It's so over the top, it's not like it was a malicious comment, when I first read the headline I thought he must've said something stupid while stuck behind them on track or something, not during a press conference, in the middle of him heaping praise on them.
When I read the headline, I thought he said something much, much worse than what he said to Tander earlier this year after Winton. It's a big overreaction, as you said, and really exposes the problem of Australian Sport becoming so politically correct as of late.
 
I've heard worse and haven't seen that sort of fine handed out.
That just makes the unpunished event bad, not this one an over reaction. It was a stupid unnecessary comment and not really what the sport needs if its trying to be inclusive to a wide audience.

Confirms my long held view he is a knobhead without a track record of proven talent to justify being a knobhead.
 
Ambrose looks quick. Good lap from Alex Buncombe as well.
 
It was all in jest,

With you on political correctness in Australian sport but even in jest, it's an utterly terrible comment for Reynolds to make. 👎
It was a stupid unnecessary comment and not really what the sport needs if its trying to be inclusive to a wide audience.

Couldn't agree more.
 
Wow
 
2:04.9? And it's not even qualifying. Insane. :crazy:
 
Just got a chance to watch some of the practice sessions...hot damn that retro Nissan livery on the #23 is beautiful :drool:
 
Mostert bins it on the approach to Forest Elbow! Huge damage to the #6! :scared:
 
Holy 🤬 that was huge! Hope Mostert is okay, that was scary
 
Wow. Big hit at the Elbow. Mostert is reporting some pain in his legs
 
To go into the wall there is very unusual; to go in at that angle suggests that he either made a mistake or had a catastrophic failure.
 
Hopefully no flying parts injured any spectators. The car just shed everything on it as it span around!

Those marshalls were ridiculously lucky.
 
Oh, hopefully those marshals are ok.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back