• Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by radicool02
Don't think so. the only series from other contries I have seen down here are F1, BTCC(once), Nascar, IRL, Champcar and thw WRC, there could be more that I havn't seen.:)

the Motogp, world superbikes are also shown.........

also on SBS, the european F3 adn the Porsche carrera cup (european version) are also shown on speedweek

but the only ones that get mian coverage are V8supercars, F1, Motogp and to a lesser extent...WRC, superbikes and Champcars

I'm a big fan of the ARC and get seriously annoyed at ten's coverage. I'd like to see more focus on rallying, rather than having to watch for 4 weeks in a row to see the whole thing.

Originally posted by DRIFT4EVA
Wow I just saw some highlights of the 2nd race in Adelaide. There is to be a massive pile up.

The ruling body here sucks big time:

Paul Dumbell instigates a 4 car pile up, subsequently gets fined $10,000AUS and loses 75 points for not "paying due care"

His team boss Larry "The whinger" Perkins appeals, and Dumbell (real surname is Dumbrell) gets off

What an absolute crock of ****e this decision is:mad: :mad: :irked:

Originally posted by DRIFT4EVA
Wow I just saw some highlights of the 2nd race in Adelaide. There is to be a massive pile up.
I was right at that spot where that crash happend the day before, I wish I was there on sunday!:mad:
It would of been heap's cool to see.

Originally posted by radicool02
I was right at that spot where that crash happend the day before, I wish I was there on sunday!:mad:
It would of been heap's cool to see.

:odd: I didnt find anything "cool" in that particular crash at all, because of the actions of 1 idiot, 4 cars where out of the race with more than $300,000 in damage

That last statement came from where I work, local go-kart centre, and I just dont find anything amusing or cool about a crash, especially one caused by stupidity

Bullseye, did it to my self last week

Was testing a kart that wasnt turning right, used the brake to get around, untill the cable snapped, hit the tyre barriers at full noise :banghead:

No one was hurt I hope. I haven't seen the crash as we don't get the races untill fall.

Nah, I don't think anyone was hurt.:)
Any N.S.W. members going to eastern creek this weekend?

Miss out on school?!? If NSW is anything like Victoria, you're hardly ever bloody there anyway:D:D:D:D:D

Bathurst is one place I would like to go

We all saw the pile up in the 2nd race in Adelaide. Here's a couple of pics.

Doh!!! This is the Warren Luff incident.

Well here's poor Garth Tander's car then. That's wierd. I thought that it was McLean involved in that because Tander was in the Commentry Box. He didn't start.

:( :( :( :( :( :( Very sad sight indeed :( :( :( :( :( :(

Yeah that turn 6 or whatever claimed soo many people that weekend but I rearly hope they dont change it. Its rearly driver error when an accedent occurs there.

Theres talks of placing the wall further back or puting a curb just before it. The cerbs prolly a good idea but I reckon they should keep the turn at the same angle :)

Its rearly driver error when an accedent occurs there.
Do you mean to say it's 'really' driver error or 'rarely' driver error when an accident occurs there?
I would say most of the accidents there have been driver error.
I imagine it's quite easy to miss the apex on turn eight at Adelaide and get out into the loose stuff and slide into the wall, or turn in too early and bounce off the curb or glance off the inside wall and fire straight into the outside wall.
We all know Dumbrell caused the four car pile up in the second race and appealed the fines and loss of points. The appeal was upheld and Dumbrell, who received no damage in the incident but caused so much damage and was clearly nowhere near the B pillar of McConvilles car, got off with no fine whatsoever and not one point was taken away from him.

Damn, Tanders car got completly hammered. More so that I had thought.

yeah I ment really sorry. Yeah once your off the race line and onto the scrubby stuff, its pretty hard to be in control. I think the best idea is to put a ripple strip there but I guess if you reay went it there hard, you'd get air borne though :(

But whats this about a new Judicial system that they were talking about on sunday. Anyone know!

If the drivers are off line they should know not to go too hard because they can really get themselves in a bad spot.

W00t Rick Kelly Won. I knew that he would do it in the end. Hahahahahahaha Mark Skaife hahahahaha Screwed up hahahahaha again hahahahaha. What's even better is Ambrose screwed up too. Shame about Todd Kelly and Jason Richards though. Even Team Kiwi was up there in the Top 10

Here's something that I didn't know about. Greg Murphy had an operation on his ankle just before the first round in Adelaide.

My friend told me the shanghai race is going to be canceled this year, I hope that's not true, I really wanted to see the V8's race there.:(

I really wanted to see the V8's race there.
Why do people want to see the V8's go overseas. It is an Australian series based on Australian cars. The further away they travel, the less we get to see of them. Why is a great track like Phillip Island getting the flick for a race in China? How many of the teams and drivers do you think want to go to a race in China? The race should stay in Australia. Send them to Phillip Island or Symmons Plains. Does Tony Cochrane know that Tasmania is part of Australia too, or has he forgotten. We should remind him that the current champion is Tasmanian.
PS: I suppose we can spare one or two for New Zealand aswell.

V8's are an Australian series with Australian cars, true, but they get a lot of sponsership from overseas companies and V8's are shown over alot of the world. I believe the majority of races should be held in Australia but like Champ Cars come to Australia V8's should go overseas to give other the chance to see live v8's roaring around a track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back