• Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Blake
V8's are an Australian series with Australian cars, true, but they get a lot of sponsership from overseas companies and V8's are shown over alot of the world. I believe the majority of races should be held in Australia but like Champ Cars come to Australia V8's should go overseas to give other the chance to see live v8's roaring around a track.

It could also create more jobs with teams. Eg engineers, Mechanics Maybe even other Driving Positions.

Who ever said spare a couple rounds for NZ. You're a lucky person you said that. As it's Murphs best chance of scoring points. With out that it would be way harder for him.

I would love to see theV8's run in NorthAmerica, if for only one race.To see them at Morsport up here in Canada or Lugana Seca in the U.S. but I dought they would travel this far. To bad.

The V8's are the best touring car category in the world...so we should share it with a very select gropu of nations. The v8's will never loose its australian culture...and it will never loose the majority of aussie races......but it needs to expand for further sponsorship oppotunities and more factory involvement. I was cut to see that shanghai was gone....but i had a feeling it would go. many team cheifs were kicking up a stink about it...and it was just too soon to be added.

I reckon it would be good to see the V8's at laguna seca or indy, the road course.

Originally posted by radicool02
I reckon it would be good to see the V8's at laguna seca or indy, the road course.

At the expense of where? Oran park gets my vote, what a ****hole

Cant see it happening though, china's been called off this year, and I bet Phillip Island doesnt get that round either:irked:

DRIFT4EVA: Like the sig but its spelt [SIZE=HUGE]BOLLOCKS [/SIZE]

I know they wouldn't really have the money to get the cars over to the U.S. and race there, but it's fun to dream.:) I can always race the falcon at laguna on GT3.

It would be a bueatiful sight to see the V8's driving down the corkscrew, a 500 km race at laguna, always be the dream.:D

Yeah! I would make my mum send me to the U.S.!
BTW blake, what were you thinking when you came up with the monaco 900 laps?:lol:

BTW blake, what were you thinking when you came up with the monaco 900 laps?

I was thinking "wouldn't it be cool to do an xxx of inserttracknamehere that lasted almost 24 hours.

*Starts choking* What the hell? That would take so long to do.

That's the idea.

Well. The 2nd round of the V8 Supercars Series was a Doozy. Alot happened. First Skaife finally found pace in his car to start on the front row along side Ambrose. The start of the race was Delayed 15 minutes due to heavy rain. When the cars got under way finally (Rolling Start) Ambrose and Skaife started to get away. The two Kmart Racing Team Commodores started climbing up the field. As usual the Two 888 Falcons of Max Wilson and Paul Radisich were stuck behind one another.

The rain went away for a while allowing some good lap times to come through. Mark Skaife caught up to Ambrose. He was about to make a pass on the 2nd corner, when he locked up his Rears and slid off into the mud. Mark lost a few positions. A little later Mark beached the car permanently. As they pulled his car out Mark took off again. The rope was still attached. It knocked the Marshal onto his Backside.

By now Ambrose had left everyone for dust. That was when my prayers for a Safety Car came true. The strickened cars of Todd Kelly's HRT Commodore and Jason Richards Tasman Motorsport Commodore VX, were off the track but still in a dangerous spot. The crash happened when Todd spun off the track. He rejoined then got turned around by Ambrose. Just as he rejoined a second time he saw the Jason Bargwanna car, Todd pulled out back onto the trackalong side Jason Bargwanna. What Todd didn't see was Richards car behind him. The crash hurt both cars pretty bad.

The restart got underway. Ambrose was trying to get away quickly. All of a sudden he too lost his footing. He went off in the same place as Skaife earlier. This dropped him into 6th position. A stunned Rick Kelly took the lead. Tander also had alot of pace and was catching Kelly. Kelly managed to make it to the Finish line before Tander. That was kelly's first Solo Race Win

Top 5 Positions
1) Rick Kelly - Kmart Racing Team
2) Craig Lowndes - Cat Ford (Ford Performance Racing)
3) Garth Tander - Garry Rodgers Motorsport (Valvoline Cummins Repco)
4) Steven Richards - Castrol Perkins Racing
5) Greg Murphy - Kmart Racing Team

I think it's all correct. I havn't seen the last 20 minutes of the race. So I might be wrong.

Lowndes was second there fella, passed Tander and was hunting down young Kelly when they red flagged it

Originally posted by Bollocks#999
Lowndes was second there fella, passed Tander and was hunting down young Kelly when they red flagged it

That's what it says...... Nah. I kept forgeting to change it. Cheers

last year(winter 2002/2003), we got the 2002 season of V8 Supercars on SPEED, and i loved them, the only thing i find funny is: American racers can do 500miles wihtout a drver change, but in the V8 Supercars, they have to change drivers in a 500km race(which is shorter than a 500 mile race). Other than that, they kick major butt!!! My favorite team is the castrol Perkins racing team (Go Steven Richards!), my favorite track was the canberra street course (mustv'e been alot of crashes there, why did they cancel it?), and i like the 2002 commedores(sp), i think the new falcons and commedores look ugly. Lastly, i remember Faulkner Racimg ran a Holden with a american flag on it, why did it have an american flag? and what is the difference between a VT and a VX commedore? i remember a yellow commedore was a VT in 2002.

BTW, im from the US so i havent seen the 2003 and 2004 season

Originally posted by radicool02
Are you going to pukehoe(SP?) DRIFT4EVA?

Pukekohe. I wish. I've never been to a V8 Supercar round. I'm making plans to go to Bathurst though. :D

i remember Faulkner Racimg ran a Holden with a american flag on it, why did it have an american flag?

Ummm........ It was the Australian flag. ;)

i remember a yellow commedore was a VT in 2002.

That's Paul Morris's old car. The Big Kev Commodore.

The difference I suppose is Date. The VT's are older.

I see you like Castrol Perkins Racing. Well...... Atleast you chose the right manufacturer. CPR is a good team. Especially this year. Steven Richards is in the championship lead. 👍 I'm a Kmart Racing Team man. Go Greg Murphy.

i remember Faulkner Racimg ran a Holden with a american flag on it, why did it have an american flag?

Ummm........ It was the Australian flag.
Ummm........ It was the American flag. John Faulkner has some background in NASCAR's and knows a lot of people in NASCAR circles in the US. After Sep 11 '01, he put the flag on the car to show support for his friends in the US. He left the flag on the car when he got sponsorship from Dynapack, a US based company.
American racers can do 500miles wihtout a drver change, but in the V8 Supercars, they have to change drivers in a 500km race
From 1972 to 1973, the Bathurst race changed from a 500mi event to a 1000km event. It wasn't until 1973 that two drivers were required for the Bathurst race. Peter Brock won the last 500mi race driving solo in 1972 and I think it took about five and a half hours, but don't quote me on that. The only thing I can think of is that it takes more time to complete 500km on a road course than it does to complete 500mi on an oval and is probably more demanding physically. A few years ago, Paul Radisich suffered from de-hydration during one of the races at Adelaide and had to be dragged from his car, and that was a 250km race.
my favorite track was the canberra street course (mustv'e been alot of crashes there, why did they cancel it?)
The ACT Government pulled the funding from the Canberra event and the race was no longer viable without those funds.

Ummm........ It was the American flag. John Faulkner has some background in NASCAR's and knows a lot of people in NASCAR circles in the US. After Sep 11 '01, he put the flag on the car to show support for his friends in the US. He left the flag on the car when he got sponsorship from Dynapack, a US based company.

****!!! That's right. I remember that car now. It's completely white with the USA flag on the bonnet and various other places. I should have had a look on Race Driver. I'm sure the next year he changed it to the Aussie flag though? :confused:

Originally posted by Schrodes

From 1972 to 1973, the Bathurst race changed from a 500mi event to a 1000km event. It wasn't until 1973 that two drivers were required for the Bathurst race. Peter Brock won the last 500mi race driving solo in 1972 and I think it took about five and a half hours, but don't quote me on that. The only thing I can think of is that it takes more time to complete 500km on a road course than it does to complete 500mi on an oval and is probably more demanding physically. A few years ago, Paul Radisich suffered from de-hydration during one of the races at Adelaide and had to be dragged from his car, and that was a 250km race.
Geez, and here I was thinking it's because neither the Nascar drivers or spectators don't have to stay awake for their races
;)

American racers can do 500miles wihtout a drver change, but in the V8 Supercars, they have to change drivers in a 500km race

In 1972, the 500 miles took 6hr1min19.15sec for Peter Brock to complete, solo. Bob Holden and Rauno Aaltonen won the 500mi event in 1966 in 7hr11min19.1sec in a Cooper S. Lowndes and Murphy won the rain affected 1000km (800mi) race in 1996 in 7hr9min28.36sec. Perkins and Ingall won the 1000km race in 1995 in 6hr20min32.48sec. Skaife and Kelly won the Sandown 500 (km) last year in 3hr26min50.47sec. Stokell and Tratt won the Sandown 500 for Nations Cup cars in 2002 in 3hr35min12.33sec. The Darlington 500 mile (800km) race has the longest average time for an oval race in the US at 4hr9min.
Can FireEmblem62 give us any information on race times for any circuit races in the US?

Originally posted by Schrodes

In 1972, the 500 miles took 6hr1min19.15sec for Peter Brock to complete, solo. Bob Holden and Rauno Aaltonen won the 500mi event in 1966 in 7hr11min19.1sec in a Cooper S. Lowndes and Murphy won the rain affected 1000km (625mi) race in 1996 in 7hr9min28.36sec. Perkins and Ingall won the 1000km race in 1995 in 6hr20min32.48sec. Skaife and Kelly won the Sandown 500 (km) last year in 3hr26min50.47sec. Stokell and Tratt won the Sandown 500 for Nations Cup cars in 2002 in 3hr35min12.33sec. The Darlington 500 mile (800km) race has the longest average time for an oval race in the US at 4hr9min.
Can FireEmblem62 give us any information on race times for any circuit races in the US?
[/QUOTE]

ummm 1 mi = 1.609 km
which mean 1000km's = 621.504039776258545680546923555003 miles!
Please be more precise in future.....:D(sorry)

You can't compair a NASCAR 500 mile race to 500 km roadrace.Road racing is tougher than a oval. More gear changes,braking and the turns give the arms a good workout.Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the oval races are easy,it's just less stressfull.You should be looking at the ALMS or GRAND AM events,they do have driver changes.The V8's look like production cars,that is why I feel it is more popular.I still would love to see them live.

As to the length of the U.S. races,NASCAR takes about 3 1/2 hrs, ALMS shortest race is 3hrs(I think) and the same for the GRAND AM.Most of the ALMS and G.A. are timed events. Only a few distant events are held.:cheers:

Please be more precise in future
Don't be pedantic:)
The V8's look like production cars
The V8 Supercars don't have anything in common with production cars, except maybe the panels. Neither manufacturer has a road version of the motor used in their racing cars. Different diffs, a Holinger gearbox which is illegal on road cars, different suspensions and pick up points etc etc.

You can't compair a NASCAR 500 mile race to 500 km roadrace.
I wasn't comparing the cars, the effort involved or skill levels of road races and oval races. I was only comparing the time it takes to complete these races. The only reason I used oval races as an example is because I couldn't think of any 500 ish mile road races in the US. FireEmblem62 said drivers in America can do a 500 mile race without driver changes but in Australia they can't complete a 500 kilometer race without driver changes. Thats because of the higher average speed you can reach on ovals and because road courses are genrally more taxing on the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back