Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,253 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's talking about Gran Turismo ;)
 
...That's a big risk, because if they don't sell 10,000 cars, then they won't be allowed to use that car. And any sales of the Skyline GT-R will not count, because the GT-R is a two-door car....

Well technically the GT-R isn't a Skyline anymore anyway. ;)
 
Well, it'll be the first unoffical Australian GTPlanet V8 Supercar meet this year. Pawned off a spare Clipsal 500 ticket for the a spot in the Senna Chicane to fellow forum member, Blake. This could get out of control! :D
 
Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport officially confirms Taz Douglas as their driver for 2012.
 
Tony d'Alberto's two-event (Clipsal and Albert Park) livery:

RGP-TDR-PFERD-2012au3h4808.jpg


RGP-TDR-PFERD-2012au3h4833.jpg


http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/02/18/first-pics-tony-dalberto-reveals-two-event-livery/
 
Hope it looks good. Oh and since it is nissan I think this is the ticket Aussies needed for several cars to enter the GT platform.

I'm sure if a Nissan V8 super is revealed GT will have it sometime down the road due to the biggest partner they have being nissan to PD.

That thought hadn't crossed my mind, but yeah you're right, thanks for pointing that out 👍

PD and Nissan are closely tied - ie: multifunction dash display software in the GTR being done by PD.

A car inclusion in future DLC = Something to look forward to.
 
Greg Murphy's vomit-inducing Pepsi Max design:

58060_4_1.jpg
 
Race 1 this weekend! Stoked. Hopefully I can find a good stream.

Anyone know where to get some good wallpaper sized photos?
 
Possible showers for the weekend, so we could get a race (or two!) similar to last year's second leg of the event. As always, I'm so excited for the weekend but I'm a little disappointed that I wont be at the track on the Thursday and Friday this year.
 
V8 Supercars recently released an app for iPhones and the iPad. And under the calendar section, it contains this little oddity:

v8sc-app-sc.png


There's some debate as to exactly what the diagram in the highlighted entry is - the most-popular theories seem to be that it is a new circuit (probably at an airfield), or it is the outline of an aircraft, suggesting the penultimate race will be a flyaway event.
 
Or it could just be a generic placeholder. If the circuit was still TBA I doubt they'd put an official circuit map in, because that would (mostly) defeat the purpose of having the track still being under wraps...
 
I thought it was a placeholder for a possible race at the Circuit of the Americas.
I remember seeing something on the old CotA site.
 
V8 Supercars will go to CotA, but not until 2013. The United States Grand Prix will be the first event held there, but its date is one week after the vacant slot on the V8 calendar, so the V8s will not race there this year.
 
I already downloaded that app. Going to get the full version on payday. Although I hadn't noticed what has been pointed out.

Edit: Looking at the date for that race, it's only 1 week after Abu Dhabi. So it would have to be close to the Yas Marina Circuit. Any ideas?
 
Last edited:
It's on the official V8 supercar website too, don't know how long it's been there:

AVESCO_site.jpg


However clicking on the link for TBA just took me to the V8 supercars twitter feed. :confused:
 
Yeah, the round is listed as TBA - it has been since the calendar was first announced. The difference between the website and the app is that the app has a little diagram next to it, and there is some contention as to what it might be. As for the link taking you to the V8 Supercars Twitter feed, that's because there is no further information available at this point.

Anyway, I think Jim Beam Racing is going to unveil their new liveries in about an hour and a half. Stay tuned.
 
R1600Turbo
Edit: Looking at the date for that race, it's only 1 week after Abu Dhabi. So it would have to be close to the Yas Marina Circuit. Any ideas?
Bahrain would be my best guess, the series has been there a few times in the past. My next best guesses (well, the only other nearby circuits I know of) would be Qatar or Dubai Autodrome.
 
I don't think the series will head to Bahrain. Not in its current state. Doubly so, since the Middle Eastern rounds were very unpopular.

My bet is that the series will either go to a) Buddh International in India, b) Sentul or Lippo Village in Indonesia, c) Clark Airbase in the Philippines, d) Changi in Singapore, or possibly e) a street circuit in Hong Kong. All have been touted in the past. And although the date is set for 9-11 November, that could easily be pushed back a week (and although the United States Grand Prix is on that weekend, the time differences mean it won't clash).
 
prisonermonkeys
I don't think the series will head to Bahrain. Not in its current state. Doubly so, since the Middle Eastern rounds were very unpopular.
That's probably most like right but I figured perhaps they're waiting to see how things go for the Bahrain GP before officially announcing the event? I dunno.
 
I've been going through track maps for all those circuits and nothing matches. That's assuming that airplane-like map is actually correct.
 
Anyone know a reliable source for streaming the races?
 
Anyone know a reliable source for streaming the races?

I use Justintv, search V8 supercars, the broadcaster usually has the stream open for the pre-race stuff, which is nice.
 
Thanks. That was the first place I was going to look, just wanted to make sure there wasn't any others. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back