Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotty! First Pole for both he and Volvo, in their 1st season too! Something neither Nissan or Erebus have achieved yet. (Well, Nissan got one at the GP, but that's non-championship) Awesome, hopefully the car lasts the distance this time.

Not being silly, Volvo should have fresher boots than the rest of the field. Safety cars and extra stops may get them the win today. Ingall had 2 laps to go from 16th (?) to top 10 after his penalty.

Interesting strategies. Holdsworth is up to 14th pressuring Perkins. Will is down in 19th. Slade jumped Scott. If no safety car, this will be good in the last 15laps.

Slade only short filled though. Expect him to drop a couple of spots after the next pit stop. Actually surprised that he wasn't penalized for that lose tyre in pit lane.

Slade only short filled though. Expect him to drop a couple of spots after the next pit stop. Actually surprised that he wasn't penalized for that lose tyre in pit lane.

Update on that. $3000 fine and 30 team points.

A fine? :crazy: Surely a drive-through penalty would have been enough.

And Courtney jumps Slade after his second stop.

Edit: Drive through penalty for speeding in pit lane for Coulthard. That makes five drivers penalized for speeding for the race.

Last edited:
Five pit lane speeding penalties, at that point you really have to beg the question about the pit lane laser guns being accurate...

Five pit lane speeding penalties, at that point you really have to beg the question about the pit lane laser guns being accurate...

The commentators mentioned the first timing beam is after the sign as normally. The second timing beam is after the right hand corner. The problem with this is that with corners, the distance between the timing beams varies. If a driver drives a shorter line than the claimed distance (eg cutting the corner, or not driving in the geometric centre of the pitlane) they can traverse the pitlane entrance faster than race control deems as legal, even though they could be under the speed limit.

I don't know how V8 Supercars measure the distance between the two timing beams. But I can easily see that causing the large number of penalties today.

Weird old race, I think the stewards have some answering to do. Great drive by frosty though, he was pretty well driving his own race. Still a very interesting championship race.

Congrats to Frosty awesome drive. Real happy to see two Walkinshaw cars on the podium. 👍

The commentators mentioned the first timing beam is after the sign as normally. The second timing beam is after the right hand corner. The problem with this is that with corners, the distance between the timing beams varies. If a driver drives a shorter line than the claimed distance (eg cutting the corner, or not driving in the geometric centre of the pitlane) they can traverse the pitlane entrance faster than race control deems as legal, even though they could be under the speed limit.

I don't know how V8 Supercars measure the distance between the two timing beams. But I can easily see that causing the large number of penalties today.

Dust kicked up by Coulthard proves that. Good heads up.
Congrats to Frosty awesome drive. Real happy to see two Walkinshaw cars on the podium. 👍

You got your wish 👍 good strategy.

The DVS has only recently become a fairly competitive field. A proposal to take ten cars means twenty drivers, and that's after the main teams have had their pick of co-drivers from the field.

I'm torn on this...while I do think it's kind of a neat idea but worries me about some of the lesser drivers getting in the way at times (which could be anyone really).

:lol:
69ACF94D-45B5-46B3-AC80-E84554AFADEE_zpst8bkvign.jpg

I woul
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/04/07/teams-push-two-class-bathurst-1000/

• This always should have been an invitational for the DVS. top 10 drivers get offered to race in the main game. It gives more seat time and they get to ask outside drivers that dont get a seat in the main game, that definitely want to race at Bathurst.

I would love to see a 30-35+ cars on the grid at Bathurst.

I think there needs to be at least 30 on the grid at every round. But the powers that be seem like they only wanna keep a lower car count :(

Anyone know where I can find video of say, the last ~5 minutes of Race 8? Either nobody is posting anything from that race on YouTube or V8SC are taking them down.

Anyone know where I can find video of say, the last ~5 minutes of Race 8? Either nobody is posting anything from that race on YouTube or V8SC are taking them down.

I couldnt find any race clips. Only highlights. The only private clip is post race with Holdsworth.

I couldnt find any race clips. Only highlights. The only private clip is post race with Holdsworth.
Yeah saw that too. Oh well, when I get my V8 Live subscription soon I can go back and watch all of the races I missed.

Just realised I'll be in Sydney the same weekend as the Sydney Motorsport Park round! Can't resist the opportunity, haven't been to more than one event in a single year since 2004. :D

Some ideas for Erebus sponsors:

- Treatment for fungal nail infections. You know, those ads that they play during meal times.
- The eighty million hotel comparison sites that popped up overnight.
- Those dodgy short-term loan companies, like Nimble.
- Compare the Market, because the cars should be plastered with images of Russian meerkats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back