Virginia International Raceway

• Thread starter Skython
  • 17 comments
New Zealand
beyond down under
800px-Virginia_International_Raceway_-_Full_Course.svg.png

A great challenging track in the USA, with plenty of elevation, and as many layouts as necessary. Lots of high speed sections that make the entire track feel like the name of Turn 14A.

As you can see, the track rolls with the flowing hills, and it's got enough layouts to be suitable for nearly anything.

FullCourseMap813.jpg

GrandCourseMap813.jpg

PatriotCourseMapCorners.jpg

Last edited:
Kind of makes me sad that no one has mentioned this one yet but it is amazing. Probably the most challenging track on the western hemisphere or at least America. It has tons of layouts and tons of turns and elevation change. It's a real drivers track. Grand West is my favorite layout.

Did you post a thread too and they got merged? If so, then we both managed to post the same track in the same minute! :eek: Or did you just manage to reply impossibly fast (or just beyond my comprehension of speed. Which is easy, I'm quite slow :P).

Did you post a thread too and they got merged? If so, then we both managed to post the same track in the same minute! :eek: Or did you just manage to reply impossibly fast (or just beyond my comprehension of speed. Which is easy, I'm quite slow :P).

Yea I guess so. I looked for a thread and didn't find it so we must have. Great minds think alike.

Guys, Jordan voted for this track too. Actually, the only time I've raced with Jordan was on this track in iracing so I can't say I'm too surprised.

A great track, would be awesome to have a well made version in GT6.

800px-Virginia_International_Raceway_-_Full_Course.svg.png

6 different layouts. Sounds great! :D

Virginia, a track so awesome that it has half corners (5 and 5A).

Probably the most challenging track on the western hemisphere or at least America. It has tons of layouts and tons of turns and elevation change. It's a real drivers track. Grand West is my favorite layout.
Wow! sick tracks, want all the layouts in GT6. US has so many awsome tracks through out the nation.

FullCourseMap813.jpg

GrandCourseMap813.jpg

PatriotCourseMapCorners.jpg

How in the world don't this track have more votes is beyond me. For all the Nurburgring lovers, some people call VIR America's little Nurburgring because it's as challenging for man and machine. We need VIR and Sebring, so VOTE!:gtpflag:

Also some Car and Driver lighting laps comparisons and recreations would be fun.

Last edited:
A little too narrow for online racing in GT but great layout :)

The hundred or so races I've had in iracing on this track beg to differ.

How in the world don't this track have more votes is beyond me. For all the Nurburgring lovers, some people call VIR America's little Nurburgring because it's as challenging for man and machine. We need VIR and Sebring, so VOTE!:gtpflag:

Also some Car and Driver lighting laps comparisons and recreations would be fun.

Exactly. That's why I've always loved VIR. It reminds me of my favorite track, the Nordschliefe. Frankly, it's more practical for short length racing though because the lap isn't nearly as long.

Back